ADVERTISEMENT

How we feeling about Fidone tomorrow?

He’s definitely picking the Huskers (there is always that last second flip but I don’t see it happening here). Fidone is now ranked Top 46 in the country via Rivals (Top 37 via 24/7, close to their 5 star range) and this would make us Top 21 in team recruiting.

If our Huskers can pull in a Top 30 to Top 25 range class after back to back Top 15 and Top 17 recruiting classes, then that’s some good talent being hauled in. Thomas Fidone will give our Huskers that elite TE we have been desperately needing. The next 3-5 years should be exciting with the level of talent we will have. GBR

Last edited:
He’s definitely picking the Huskers (there is always that last second flip but I don’t see it happening here). Fidone is now ranked Top 46 in the country via Rivals (Top 37 via 24/7, close to their 5 star range) and this should bump us into the Top 30 or above range.

If our Huskers can pull in a Top 30 to Top 25 range class after back to back Top 15 and Top 17 recruiting classes, then that’s some good talent being hauled in. Thomas Fidone will give our Huskers that elite TE we have been desperately needing. The next 3-5 years should be exciting with the level of talent we will have. GBR

Now we just need to play some football games.:mad:

Yes, he's coming! Maybe he can salvage what I think is a mediocre recruiting class.

i wouldn’t say mediocre class. It’s not an awesome class but it’s also not a bad class either. When we add in Thomas Fidone tomorrow night, going between the Big 3 recruiting sites (Rivals, 24/7 and ESPN recruiting), our Huskers will have 5 4 star players (2 in the Top 100 and 2 inside the Top 250 range) and 5 borderline 4 star players. That’s not to shabby coming after a Top 15 and a Top 17 recruiting classes....

The 4 star players (counting Fidone)
Thomas Fidone (Top 37 player)
Teddy Prochazka (Top 64 player)
Randolph Kpai (Top 163 player)
Kamonte Grimes (Top 280 player)
Latrell Neville

The Borderline 4 star players

Henry Tutovsky
Branson Yager
Patrick Payton
Shawn Hardy
Gabe Ervin

Last edited:
With all of the weather going in in Louisiana, I'd think he'd delay is announcement if he were going to lsu

With all of the weather going in in Louisiana, I'd think he'd delay is announcement if he were going to lsu

My son is stationed down there (Air Force) and I had him call our ins agent today to make sure he's covered for hurricanes and floods on his car....sounds like it's going to be a doozy.

If Fidone commits to Nebraska tomorrow it will put the class at #23 nationally.

If Rollins commits soon thereafter, Nebraska's class would then be pushed up to #18 nationally and third-best in the conference. This is based strictly on Rivals' rankings and with the unlikely stipulation that none of the teams in front of the Huskers get a commit, of course.

GBR!

Yes, he's coming! Maybe he can salvage what I think is a mediocre recruiting class.

It’s barely mediocre. Last year Frost put together a respectable class. This year is a yawner but he’s still got some time. Pretty underwhelming though especially since he should be offering immediate playing time.

I’m seeing Nebraska ranked in the mid 30’s nationally. Where is this 18 and 23 coming from? Never mind, I see it’s speculation and based on other teams standing pat which is highly unlikely. It’s still a yawner of a class. Had higher hopes for Frost. He was the hot coach, should have been a magnet for top players. He had what, 11-12 four stars last year and only a couple this year. That’s disappointing

Last edited:
It’s barely mediocre. Last year Frost put together a respectable class. This year is a yawner but he’s still got some time. Pretty underwhelming though especially since he should be offering immediate playing time.

I’m seeing Nebraska ranked in the mid 30’s nationally. Whee is this 18 and 23 coming from? Never mind, I see it’s speculation and based on other teams standing pat which is highly unlikely. It’s still a yawner of a class. Had higher hopes for Frost. He was the hot coach, should have been a magnet for top players. Disappointed

I think your reading comprehension is holding you up. Dude directly said once Thomas Fidone commits tomorrow and after AJ Rollins commits next week. He adds the points to the Huskers current score, then he’s taking the final tally and seeing where it places us.

Yes, as of right NOW the Huskers are Top 36. But after Fidone commits tomorrow, that will jump the Huskers to Top 21 (just below Iowa and above Maryland). It’s not rocket science.

Last edited:
Reactions: hedonistimpulse
If Fidone commits to Nebraska tomorrow it will put the class at #23 nationally.

If Rollins commits soon thereafter, Nebraska's class would then be pushed up to #18 nationally and third-best in the conference. This is based strictly on Rivals' rankings and with the unlikely stipulation that none of the teams in front of the Huskers get a commit, of course.

GBR!

And you are dead on, with the additions of AJ Rollins and Thomas Fidone, that would give us 1,510 recruiting points and that would be good for Top 18 range just above Wisconsin and below Louisville.

Edit, here is the link to the Rivals score card and how they figure out team rankings.

https://n.rivals.com/news/rivals-com-football-team-recruiting-rankings-formula

Reactions: hedonistimpulse
I think he's N, but I don't know anything . I'm not really worried about the rankings. Most of the highly rated guys don't produce or go to the portal. Let's wait to judge a class, before its signed or played a down of cfb.

tenor.gif

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
Maybe N. Wouldn't be surprised to get a kick in the nutts from the DBIG and he goes$EC where they play FB

I’m seeing Nebraska ranked in the mid 30’s nationally. Where is this 18 and 23 coming from? Never mind, I see it’s speculation and based on other teams standing pat which is highly unlikely. It’s still a yawner of a class. Had higher hopes for Frost. He was the hot coach, should have been a magnet for top players. He had what, 11-12 four stars last year and only a couple this year. That’s disappointing
You're probably just trolling but I'll bite. This class needs to fill needs since we have to somewhat selective due to size.

We get Fidone and that is a game changer for the TE room.

We added a bunch of height to the WR room that was desperately needed.

We added a big, strong, fast local project qb who will likely sit anyway for awhile. Perfect situation. Not likely to get frustrated and transfer right away.

We added some massive O-lineman, one of them a highly rated OT.

Another good looking rb.

Some db's and LB's.

Not sure what's going on with DL recruiting. Appears to be the weak link.

You're probably just trolling but I'll bite. This class needs to fill needs since we have to somewhat selective due to size.

We get Fidone and that is a game changer for the TE room.

We added a bunch of height to the WR room that was desperately needed.

We added a big, strong, fast local project qb who will likely sit anyway for awhile. Perfect situation. Not likely to get frustrated and transfer right away.

We added some massive O-lineman, one of them a highly rated OT.

Another good looking rb.

Some db's and LB's.

Not sure what's going on with DL recruiting. Appears to be the weak link.

I have read this "small class size" and "selective" multiple times and it doesn't calculate for me.

To me, if your class is small you are VERY selective and pick up the highest rated for positions but a small in total numbers class. I.e we are only going to take 2 DB's so let's get 2 really good, highly rated guys.

Does anyone really see that happening? I do not. Honestly, it appears we are scrambling to fill the class.

If "taking" were possible, but wouldn't that be kidnapping? We're not in a position to take, start winning and and take will be an option. First they have to be interested and face it, we haven't shown much lately to be interested in.

i wouldn’t say mediocre class. It’s not an awesome class but it’s also not a bad class either. When we add in Thomas Fidone tomorrow night, going between the Big 3 recruiting sites (Rivals, 24/7 and ESPN recruiting), our Huskers will have 5 4 star players (2 in the Top 100 and 2 inside the Top 250 range) and 5 borderline 4 star players. That’s not to shabby coming after a Top 15 and a Top 17 recruiting classes....

The 4 star players (counting Fidone)
Thomas Fidone (Top 37 player)
Teddy Prochazka (Top 64 player)
Randolph Kpai (Top 163 player)
Kamonte Grimes (Top 280 player)
Latrell Neville

The Borderline 4 star players

Henry Tutovsky
Branson Yager
Patrick Payton
Shawn Hardy
Gabe Ervin
Exactly, even some of the 5.5 or 5.6 guys hold offers from some high profile schools . Buford is a 5.5 but holds 28 offers including Florida State and A&M. Williams hold offers from Florida and Florida State along with others. Hopefully we get some high school football played and get reevaluated.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT