ADVERTISEMENT

How should B1G coaches react . . . when players

The coaches will do or say nothing that could be construed as a negative reaction in even the slightest sense. They can’t afford to, even if they wanted to.

Reactions: 8675309husker
HONESTLY, WHO REALLY CARES?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

This whole 'take a knee during the national anthem' thing has been blown so far out of proportion. Let people have the freedom to stand or kneel (or whatever) because our country is supposedly built on the premise of being free and making your own decisions.

Agree
At this point OP you are behind the curve
A football team can be a place where real conversations between young adults can happen
Have you seen Ben Stille’s tweet lately
You think that tweet happens if he’s Ben Stille the Nebraska student or Ben Stille the Husker football player?
The irony of your post, by allowing standing, kneeling, whatever is putting one another first, putting your teammate first which is what Frost talks about
Take your match and your gasoline somewhere else.

What happened to your Kirk-like plea for no more politics?
No kidding. Gasbags just gotta gasbag. All day long, every single day.

Hilarious that the thread title is phrased in the form of a question. As if this incessant blowhard is actually looking for opinions on how the coaches should react.

HONESTLY, WHO REALLY CARES?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

This whole 'take a knee during the national anthem' thing has been blown so far out of proportion. Let people have the freedom to stand or kneel (or whatever) because our country is supposedly built on the premise of being free and making your own decisions.
Oh. My. God.... can I just take a moment to say thank you?!?! I could not have said it better myself!!!

Listen, I’m saying this as someone that’s in the military and someone who has deployed and has lost friends... Now I can not speak for all Soldiers but I can speak for quite a few when I say please stop saying that taking a knee is disrespectful to the military or any of that other stuff. We put our uniform on everyday for that very right for you to express yourself, for your freedom of speech, and if someone one decides to take a knee during the anthem good for them speak your truth... with that Said is that the form of protest that id use no it’s not. I would and do stand up and salute that flag to show my respect for my fellow soldiers who paid the ultimate price for that freedom... What I’d ask for anyone that takes a knee for their cause is to just say a prayer while they’re down there, say a prayer for the lost soldiers, say a prayer for their families, and let those lost soldiers know you thank them for the freedom they fought for, that their sacrifice has not gone unnoticed.

ok sorry for my little rant but I’m just tired of seeing the kneeling as being such an issue, we as soldiers fight for the freedom so use it, just don’t lose sight of what it took to keep our freedom!

Last edited:
you put them on suspension for creating a distraction and for acting like a Karen.

ppl died for that flag, show some respect.

Who is acting like a Karen? MOM, MOM . . . that man kneeled during the anthem! I'm mad! You don't have the gravitas to use Nikki Sixx as an avatar. Which is a hilariously low bar to begin with. Can you imagine anyone thinking Motley Crue is good or cool in 2020? You should have a photo of Lee Greenwood sucking his thumb. More apropos.

Hey, everyone's favorite "ordained minister" gracing us with his / her presence. You didn't want to answer in the post from several days ago, so I'll ask you again - what is your fix for the rampant racism that permeates this Country?

Reactions: starbrown
Who is acting like a Karen? MOM, MOM . . . that man kneeled during the anthem! I'm mad! You don't have the gravitas to use Nikki Sixx as an avatar. Which is a hilariously low bar to begin with. Can you imagine anyone thinking Motley Crue is good or cool in 2020? You should have a photo of Lee Greenwood sucking his thumb. More apropos.
you ok? you seem a little off.. but you def have a cooler avatar.. I didn't know it was a competition thing, sorry

Sport control my life with an appearance. Where have you been?

As a coach, this is a great moment to teach and to lead. I think Fred has royally missed the boat. People kneeling for the flag doesn't mean, I don't think, the same thing for everyone, which causes some consternation. There can be the negative anti-cop and anti-american sentiment that can go with it, and there can also be positive equal-rights sentiment that can go with it. However, I associate it with Kaepernick who started it, and who strikes me as anti-cop and as someone who doesn't care for this Country. I will always challenge people who are like him.

I don’t partake in any political discussions on this board, but feel this topic isn’t inherently political. As a matter of clarity, I personally have never associated taking a knee as a sign of disrespect. Players take a knee to pray at the end of games together and not all players participate, or some may even remain standing during the prayer. It’s not generally used as any indication of discord amongst the team.
Taking a knee is commonly known as a sign of honor and reverence in many situations. My opinion is that, while individual motives may vary, the simple act of modifying the tradition of standing with kneeling doesn’t necessarily indicate any lack of respect.
I know some will point to those individual motives, but that reverts back to the notion of freedom as @Clemke32 credibly stated.

Sport control my life with an appearance. Where have you been?

As a coach, this is a great moment to teach and to lead. I think Fred has royally missed the boat. People kneeling for the flag doesn't mean, I don't think, the same thing for everyone, which causes some consternation. There can be the negative anti-cop and anti-american sentiment that can go with it, and there can also be positive equal-rights sentiment that can go with it. However, I associate it with Kaepernick who started it, and who strikes me as anti-cop and as someone who doesn't care for this Country. I will always challenge people who are like him.
CK gave up millions of dollars and a long NFL career to kneel for what he believes in. He is obviously just a sucker and a loser like some other people I know.

I think CK was more against cops killing a thousand americans a year, with a disproportionate number being brown or black. There are sociological reasons, and assigning blame is pointless if the goal isn't remediation. I think all americans should want cops to kill fewer people. Let's drop that down to 800 a year... I bet cops would be happy to kill fewer people.

Not sure I agree that it wasn't totally about black men, particularly when he's tweeting out that the 4th is a celebration of white supremacy, but nonetheless, I agree that it is pointless unless there are responsible and intelligent discussions on how to fix perceived problems. But Jib, Wordy "ordained minister" got-my-certificate-off- the-internet Gintry, the guy with Riley as his avatar, Beav, none of them give solutions, which makes their position that much more questionable. It's just a bunch of empty virtue signaling with no suggestions on how to fix all of these terrible things in this Country. And before you or anyone else goes there, no, defunding the police is not responsible or intelligent.

The worst thing the right did was actually respond to it. Just ignore it and it goes away. Not that hard to figure out. All they can do now is fuel the fire with their reaction.

Not sure I agree that it wasn't totally about black men, particularly when he's tweeting out that the 4th is a celebration of white supremacy, but nonetheless, I agree that it is pointless unless there are responsible and intelligent discussions on how to fix perceived problems. But Jib, Wordy "ordained minister" got-my-certificate-off- the-internet Gintry, the guy with Riley as his avatar, Beav, none of them give solutions, which makes their position that much more questionable. It's just a bunch of empty virtue signaling with no suggestions on how to fix all of these terrible things in this Country. And before you or anyone else goes there, no, defunding the police is not responsible or intelligent.

The violent crime issue was twice as bad...just 25 years ago. Millions of Americans have spent their lives to improve the situation in cities. Social work, mental health services, job training, parent programs, early childhood programs, integration of schools, reinvestment in urban education. These programs have improved the living standards for millions of people across four presidential administrations. But two economic collapses, a drug/mental health epidemic, and transitions of power have left programs and regions underfunded and vulnerable to changes in the american weather as you might you. The most important thing for red, white, and blue america to recognize is white middle class wealth was built on government investment following world war II. The average white person in 1939 was barely literate, had poor mental, and physical health and was missing most of their teeth. The decision to build and expand white suburban neighborhoods, move poor white families out of projects, was ALL funded with taxpayer dollars, mainly because the tax rate for the wealthiest in america was > 75% at that time. Those subsidized suburban plots started as cheap as 10k are now worth 400k. Government influence in strengthening unions provided a generation of low skilled workers, the same ones who were starving during the great depression, with decent paying, stable work. Well-off folks need to recognize that they worked hard but often had a place to work, or had a buyer for their produce, product who had a place to work. Visit south chicago, and tell me how many places there are to work, and I can tell you for sure that businessmen in SC are every bit as savvy and intelligent as any on this board, except their work isn't legal.

The violent crime issue was twice as bad...just 25 years ago. Millions of Americans have spent their lives to improve the situation in cities. Social work, mental health services, job training, parent programs, early childhood programs, integration of schools, reinvestment in urban education. These programs have improved the living standards for millions of people across four presidential administrations. But two economic collapses, a drug/mental health epidemic, and transitions of power have left programs and regions underfunded and vulnerable to changes in the american weather as you might you. The most important thing for red, white, and blue america to recognize is white middle class wealth was built on government investment following world war II. The average white person in 1939 was barely literate, had poor mental, and physical health and was missing most of their teeth. The decision to build and expand white suburban neighborhoods, move poor white families out of projects, was ALL funded with taxpayer dollars, mainly because the tax rate for the wealthiest in america was > 75% at that time. Those subsidized suburban plots started as cheap as 10k are now worth 400k. Government influence in strengthening unions provided a generation of low skilled workers, the same ones who were starving during the great depression, with decent paying, stable work. Well-off folks need to recognize that they worked hard but often had a place to work, or had a buyer for their produce, product who had a place to work. Visit south chicago, and tell me how many places there are to work, and I can tell you for sure that businessmen in SC are every bit as savvy and intelligent as any on this board, except their work isn't legal.

From 1946-1966 the poverty rate was cut in half. From 36% of the population to 18%. Then the great society programs began. The poverty rate stayed at 18% (small fluctuations up and down) from 1966-2009. Then starting in 2009 poverty started trending up because of an economic meltdown + policies which encouraged dependency. And massive dependency is required for one side to have any hope of winning elections. Starting in 2017 things started to get better. Then Bill Maher let the cat out of the bag with his dog whistle and his comrades in the deep state went about carrying out their marching orders.

Reactions: bshirt73
This board has literally been ruined by gas bags like the OP. He has zero interest in football discussions, he's here for the politics 100%. The worst thing that ever happened here was opening up the political BS. I don't mind a political discussion, but we've been overrun by cockroaches that ONLY want to push their agenda. I can't imagine the miserable existence one must lead if that's your only purpose in life.

How is that different than all the dicks at Memorial Stadium not removing their hats and carrying on like idiots during the National Anthem?

Really? Well you're not alone, lots of misdirection by the irrational crowd. The question wasn't about the fans, it was about how should the coach react if he feels a PLAYER is messing with team chemistry?

Would you like to address the ACTUAL question?

CK gave up millions of dollars and a long NFL career to kneel for what he believes in. He is obviously just a sucker and a loser like some other people I know.
Well how long his NFL career was going to be going forward is debatable. His last season was atrocious. What he probably gave up was a long career as a backup QB somewhere holding a clipboard. His career stats are not that good.

Reactions: bshirt73
How is that different than all the dicks at Memorial Stadium not removing their hats and carrying on like idiots during the National Anthem?
It's not BUT I've yet to see somebody once they realize the anthem is being played fail to offer proper respect. I'm sure there's some drunken fools who don't. IF they're obliviously jabbering away somebody always gives them an elbow and peer polices them.

Oh. My. God.... can I just take a moment to say thank you?!?! I could not have said it better myself!!!

Listen, I’m saying this as someone that’s in the military and someone who has deployed and has lost friends... Now I can not speak for all Soldiers but I can speak for quite a few when I say please stop saying that taking a knee is disrespectful to the military or any of that other stuff. We put our uniform on everyday for that very right for you to express yourself, for your freedom of speech, and if someone one decides to take a knee during the anthem good for them speak your truth... with that Said is that the form of protest that id use no it’s not. I would and do stand up and salute that flag to show my respect for my fellow soldiers who paid the ultimate price for that freedom... What I’d ask for anyone that takes a knee for their cause is to just say a prayer while they’re down there, say a prayer for the lost soldiers, say a prayer for their families, and let those lost soldiers know you thank them for the freedom they fought for, that their sacrifice has not gone unnoticed.

ok sorry for my little rant but I’m just tired of seeing the kneeling as being such an issue, we as soldiers fight for the freedom so use it, just don’t lose sight of what it took to keep our freedom!
Thank you for your service. There will always be people on both sides of the argument. I am of the group that thinks kneeling is disrespectful. The reason they are kneeling isn't because of their feeling towards the flag, or its representation thereof, it's because they know it will garner them attention. And they got it. It worked. But it doesn't take away from the fact that what they are doing is wrong, in my opinion. That same prayer you are hoping they say on bended knee, is the same one we are saying while we stand, (if we are able).

Thank you for your service. There will always be people on both sides of the argument. I am of the group that thinks kneeling is disrespectful. The reason they are kneeling isn't because of their feeling towards the flag, or its representation thereof, it's because they know it will garner them attention. And they got it. It worked. But it doesn't take away from the fact that what they are doing is wrong, in my opinion. That same prayer you are hoping they say on bended knee, is the same one we are saying while we stand, (if we are able).
I can absolutely understand where you’re coming from on this, and I tend to agree, I think a lot of the kneeling is done for the wrong reasons, like you say it’s done for the attention, I choose just not to argue that fact only because I’m not them so I will never know for sure... My question has also been about this is great, now what? You have the attention now what are you going to do with it, what is your game plan, there hasn’t seemed to be much of a game plan to this point.
I could probably go on a very long and drawn out rant but thatd best be done over a few drinks at a nice tail gate lol! I will say what I did before, if the players want to kneel that’s fine, it’s what me and my fellow soldiers fight for, but that’s not the form of protest I would personally take... I will not sit here and pretend like I have any answers to solve any of these issues, but I’m always willing to listen... but I will finish with a simple thought that was instilled a long time ago for me... or rather a few... change will always start from within, you have to be the change you want to see in this world... stand for what you believe in and speak up for what you know is right... I love what I do and I appreciate your thanks!

Reactions: Sinomatic
and what's wrong with that?
I say we let each person do what they want. If a person fighting poverty wants to put their helmet out for donations, let them solicit money during the anthem. If somebody wants to promote same sex equality for each other, let them dry hump and kiss during the anthem. If somebody wants to promote their religion, let them lay out whatever symbols the want during the anthem. If Asians and most other minority want to show how they have been completely shut out of football, let representatives join the team during the anthem (beings there are none existing on the team).

I say we let each person do what they want. If a person fighting poverty wants to put their helmet out for donations, let them solicit money during the anthem. If somebody wants to promote same sex equality for each other, let them dry hump and kiss during the anthem. If somebody wants to promote their religion, let them lay out whatever symbols the want during the anthem. If Asians and most other minority want to show how they have been completely shut out of football, let representatives join the team during the anthem (beings there are none existing on the team).

Sarcasm?

Last edited:
Reactions: B1G RED RULES

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT