ADVERTISEMENT

How much time is needed

husker2612

Recruiting Coordinator
Nov 29, 2010
What is the absolute minimum amount of time needed for teams to prepare for a season? I believe Frost said somewhere he needed 3 weeks to feel comfortable putting out a competitive team. Could it be done sooner, worst case? I have a feel Frost and his team would be ready this weekend if it meant they could play.
We keep hearing about this B1G revote, which keeps being moved and delayed. I think if we want any hope of that Oct 10 rumored start date teams need to be a full go practice by Monday. I don't see that happening. At the very least the 21st for that 3 week practice mark. If it doesn't get done soon I think football will be Nov.

in October, it will be about starting in November
in November, it will be about starting in December
in December it will be about starting in January
at some point it will be about just getting spring ball going.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Here is the other question. We don’t know how many games will be played whether it’s 10 or 6... Regardless when they start this thing up..

if it isn’t 10 the conference will have to make another schedule and the biggest priority would be playing 6 games with in the division to have some kind of CCG..

Reactions: husker2612
Here is the other question. We don’t know how many games will be played whether it’s 10 or 6... Regardless when they start this thing up..

if it isn’t 10 the conference will have to make another schedule and the biggest priority would be playing 6 games with in the division to have some kind of CCG..
If it isn't 10 then I don't believe we can be in contention for the CFP. If the B1G won't have a shot at a National Title what is the point really? It is basically glorified scrimmages. If their goal is to only play 6 then timing really isn't important. If they want to be able to play for the CFP then we need to be starting the season asap. Much past Oct 10 and I don't think it will be possible.

What is the absolute minimum amount of time needed for teams to prepare for a season? I believe Frost said somewhere he needed 3 weeks to feel comfortable putting out a competitive team. Could it be done sooner, worst case? I have a feel Frost and his team would be ready this weekend if it meant they could play.
We keep hearing about this B1G revote, which keeps being moved and delayed. I think if we want any hope of that Oct 10 rumored start date teams need to be a full go practice by Monday. I don't see that happening. At the very least the 21st for that 3 week practice mark. If it doesn't get done soon I think football will be Nov.
Two weeks. I agree with Harbaugh on that one. It's not like they haven't had any practice. They've actually had plenty of preparation already, just not in full gear.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT