ADVERTISEMENT

How much hardware is Rhule bringing with him?

What guys with hardware were looking for work and wanted the Nebraska job?

THIS!

The clowns cannot comprehend that Urban, Fickell, or Kiffin might have rejected us. Its not always about the money. We haven't won a conference titles in 23 years and we're currently on a 6 year losing streak.

Reactions: B1G RED RULES
People are getting hung up on the 8 year contract...like it or not 8-10 year contracts have more and more become the norm (also, auto rollover extensions)
They've also been a disaster more often than not. I'm alright with Rhule's contract though if the numbers are where I think they will be. We're probably going to keep him 3 or 4 years no matter what.

• Haha
Reactions: R_Johansen23
Bad hire. I will expect that all the Husker homers will see this in 3-4 years and we will be talking about the same bullshit. But whatever, Trev is the man.
Dumb. He can resurrect Temple and Baylor into double digit winning teams by year 3, but won't be able to win at Nebraska and the Big 10?

At least give us the rationale behind your myopic thinking. Or, better yet, just STFU.

I feel a lot better than I did when we announced Mike Riley but still this guy's total experience in winning seasons at P5 level or above as HC is 2, with one of them being 7-6 and has never beaten a ranked team.

This is not the resume for a 8 year contract.
We need to realize Nebraska is not the marquee job it once was. Maybe he was the only guy we could get? Nobody will know, but what we do know is that we last hired a head coach with HARDWARE who won championships and was the national head coach of the year and he failed miserably here.

THIS!

The clowns cannot comprehend that Urban, Fickell, or Kiffin might have rejected us. Its not always about the money. We haven't won a conference titles in 23 years and we're currently on a 6 year losing streak.
Yes there are people that refuse to believe that a coach would turn down a job offer from Nebraska and the only reason we didn't get the top picks is because we didn't try. I'm happy with the Rhule hire because if he rejected us as well then this board could get really ugly if we settled for someone like Matt Campbell.

And even if Rhule has a great year, there will always be people that say Mickey Joseph could have done the same if he got the chance to choose his own staff. I love Mickey and hope he stays, but he still has a lot to learn when it comes to being a head coach. I don't think most fans have the patience to allow him to learn on the job here though.

Reactions: John-ozil
he moved up the ladder too fast for hardware, but now he has time to feed that hunger
If you look at it that way you also have to concede the possibility that he always keeps an eye open for the next step up the ladder ....... which isn't necessarily a negative because he will be working hard to succeed here so he can take another step.higher.

Reactions: RedMyMind
If you look at it that way you also have to concede the possibility that he always keeps an eye open for the next step up the ladder ....... which isn't necessarily a negative because he will be working hard to succeed here so he can take another step.higher.
true,I guess mean it ussually takes more then 3 years at a place for nc or hypesmen, unless theres alot of ncaa infractions

Yep. Which is why I called his bluff. Easy to troll and take pot shots. Much harder to say something meaningful and concrete
Yep. But if you're wired that way, you're wired that way.

If we landed Saban:. Too old. Past his prime. TA is clueless. Should have gone younger.

If we landed Urban:. Scandal ridden. Will just have health issues and quit. TA is clueless. Should have gone with someone squeaky clean.

If we landed Lincoln Riley:. Dude's a job hopper. He'll be gone in 3 years. TA is clueless. Should have gone with someone who would stay.

If we landed Deion Sanders:. Dude has zero experience. TA is clueless. Should have hired someone with more experience

I'm praying he doesn't sign.

Should have kept MJ for a 4 year contract..

Now it's going to be torn down and we will be in a worse position bc the guy doesn't really want to be here anyway.

This was a beyond dumb decision.

Last edited:
Yep. But if you're wired that way, you're wired that way.

If we landed Saban:. Too old. Past his prime. TA is clueless. Should have gone younger.

If we landed Urban:. Scandal ridden. Will just have health issues and quit. TA is clueless. Should have gone with someone squeaky clean.

If we landed Lincoln Riley:. Dude's a job hopper. He'll be gone in 3 years. TA is clueless. Should have gone with someone who would stay.

If we landed Deion Sanders:. Dude has zero experience. TA is clueless. Should have hired someone with more experience
Yes! Perfect.

People are getting hung up on the 8 year contract...like it or not 8-10 year contracts have more and more become the norm (also, auto rollover extensions)
Unfortunately Michigan State changed the dynamic. Then you had what USC and LSU did. Your choices are to give an experienced coach what he demands or go shopping in the bargain sale bin.

Reactions: HuskerLLM
Bad hire. I will expect that all the Husker homers will see this in 3-4 years and we will be talking about the same bullshit. But whatever, Trev is the man.
I would say it's a decent hire and we probably could have done better, but we could have done a lot worse too. I don't think people realize how lucky Trev got that Rhule was even interested given that Monken was our top primary backup option. But he ended up getting it done in the end which is all that really matters.

I would say it's a decent hire and we probably could have done better, but we could have done a lot worse too. I don't think people realize how lucky Trev got that Rhule was even interested given that Monken was our top primary backup option. But he ended up getting it done in the end which is all that really matters.
Who in God’s name could we have gotten that you KNOW was better? Fickell was not interested in leaving Ohio at any price. Urban is only going to go to a place with a playoff ready roster. He doesn’t need to coach. I said from day one that Rhule and BOB were the most logical and had by far the best resumes. IMO we got the best fit of those two.

Who in God’s name could we have gotten that you KNOW was better? Fickell was not interested in leaving Ohio at any price. Urban is only going to go to a place with a playoff ready roster. He doesn’t need to coach. I said from day one that Rhule and BOB were the most logical and had by far the best resumes. IMO we got the best fit of those two.
I had at least 8 names that were better. Like I said, I don't think it was a great hire, but I think it was a decent hire, and let's just leave it at that.

I feel a lot better than I did when we announced Mike Riley but still this guy's total experience in winning seasons at P5 level or above as HC is 2, with one of them being 7-6 and has never beaten a ranked team.

This is not the resume for a 8 year contract.
What should the contract have been? When that was rejected, who do you go after next?

What makes you qualified to determine market value of a head coach?

Let me guess, you would've hired Urban.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I would say it's a decent hire and we probably could have done better, but we could have done a lot worse too.
I voted it "5" hire in the 1-10 poll -- not as good as it should have been, not as bad as it could have been.

Reactions: oldjar07
I had at least 8 names that were better. Like I said, I don't think it was a great hire, but I think it was a decent hire, and let's just leave it at that.
Have you ever heard the saying “it’s better to stay silent and let them think you’re stupid than to open your mouth and remove all doubt”? Obviously not ….

Have you ever heard the saying “it’s better to stay silent and let them think you’re stupid than to open your mouth and remove all doubt”? Obviously not ….
Yeah that's good advice, you should follow it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT