ADVERTISEMENT

How many times

PlutoDroid

Walk On
Aug 16, 2015
You know what I find hilarious about the Nebraska fan base? The amount of times fans think moving back to the Big 12 would fix all their issues. You know what else is exclusive to that? Go look at Missouri, Texas A&M, Colorado, Arkansas, Miami, Virginia Tech, Syracuse, Penn State, West Virginia. Nobody from those fanbases is clamoring to go back to their old homes. Heck the Big 12 is such a fruitful paradise that Oklahoma has fled it, and it isn't like they weren't benefiting on the field from being in it. Several conference titles, Heisman winners, and playoff appearances have done squat for their bottom line.

Kansas is desperate to get into the B1G, they would happily trade positions with Nebraska. So for all those fans who think going back to your old home would fix the issues for Nebraska, I know you may not get trounced by Wisconsin and Ohio State every year. But you aren't even at the level where you could beat Kansas State, Iowa State, Oklahoma State, Baylor, West Virginia, Texas Tech, TCU. If you can't beat Northwestern or Minnesota. What makes you think you could beat those teams?

Stop looking outward for your issues. Fix yourselves. If Wisconsin can compete in the B1G, if Iowa can, then Nebraska should as well. Get yourselves out of the 90s. Neon clothing is never coming back. Hire a coach like Fitzgerald or Chryst.

Maybe I'm wrong though. Perhaps without Texas or Oklahoma, Nebraska may dominate those secondary teams left. Perhaps Purdue, Northwestern, Minnesota and Maryland could join up as well.

I actually don't know any Nebraska fans who want to move back to the Big XII. I think all of us miss the traditional rivalries, and the proximity to conference teams that the Big XII had. Looking at how conference realignment is going, and how some schools quite similar to Nebraska may end up without a home, I think most feel it was a good move. Even if the BigTenElevenTwelveThirteenFourteenFifteenSixteen doesn't feel like home.

You know what I find hilarious about the Nebraska fan base? The amount of times fans think moving back to the Big 12 would fix all their issues. You know what else is exclusive to that? Go look at Missouri, Texas A&M, Colorado, Arkansas, Miami, Virginia Tech, Syracuse, Penn State, West Virginia. Nobody from those fanbases is clamoring to go back to their old homes. Heck the Big 12 is such a fruitful paradise that Oklahoma has fled it, and it isn't like they weren't benefiting on the field from being in it. Several conference titles, Heisman winners, and playoff appearances have done squat for their bottom line.

Kansas is desperate to get into the B1G, they would happily trade positions with Nebraska. So for all those fans who think going back to your old home would fix the issues for Nebraska, I know you may not get trounced by Wisconsin and Ohio State every year. But you aren't even at the level where you could beat Kansas State, Iowa State, Oklahoma State, Baylor, West Virginia, Texas Tech, TCU. If you can't beat Northwestern or Minnesota. What makes you think you could beat those teams?

Stop looking outward for your issues. Fix yourselves. If Wisconsin can compete in the B1G, if Iowa can, then Nebraska should as well. Get yourselves out of the 90s. Neon clothing is never coming back. Hire a coach like Fitzgerald or Chryst.

Maybe I'm wrong though. Perhaps without Texas or Oklahoma, Nebraska may dominate those secondary teams left. Perhaps Purdue, Northwestern, Minnesota and Maryland could join up as well.
Like I just said in the 'Chinander' thread...the amount and levels of trolling on this board is unmatched. This guy seems like a Wisconsin fan disguising his real intention...to troll Minnesota.

I think many of us just want to cut down on the commute time when we choose to watch our team lose in person.

Such droning stupity, bet that tapped out all your brain cells.

You want to know what’s really hilarious? Obsessed nut jobs from other fan bases actually taking the time to post nonsense on this board.

Ha……I don’t personally know any Nebraska fans that think the Riley/Frost version of husker football would be successful in any P5 conference. The competition in the bigten has nothing to do with the current state of husker football. I enjoy that Nebraska landed in a stable conference and is getting an equal share of the cash even as they suck. I have always despised the fans of the big2 and little 8. For the most part, tOSU and Michigan fans are ok, PSU fans have been beat down enough over the Paterno scandal that they are usually pretty quiet (also not an original member of the big2 and little8), but the other original members teams fan bases are annoying AF.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I strangely miss BIG 12 basketball, but we suck in that sport too.
I’m also a realist and it’s been over a decade. We can play B1G sports, it’s w/e

Reactions: king_kong_
I hate everything about the B1G. I hate how Nebraska is treated, I hate the style of football, I hate the road trips and I hate all the jackwagon fans like OP. I miss Big 12/Big 8 football and our traditional rivalries and being amongst peers that respect us.

That being said, that conference is completely unstable (we are partially to blame) and all those schools are sweating bullets being time, afraid they won't have a seat and won't have the resources to compete moving forward. So our only option is to move forward, overcome what the B1G throws at us, and find a way to be successful here.

Last edited:
Nebraska owes the Big 10 an apology.
Thanks, but no thanks hawkkk fan. Nebraska will laugh all the way to the bank. Looks like you’ve tried pretty hard to hide out, but it wasn’t hard to find your true colors are piss yellow and black.

Nebraska fans look like group of dicked morons when they make stupid ass posts mocking another fan base when Nebraska athletics looks like a bag of flaming dog shit on a consistent basis.

Cool. I'll give Trev a call and let him know that another asshat from the hawkkkeye board stopped by to type out a six paragraph post advising us message board posters to stop living in the 90s. That should fix everything. Hilarious that you feel Iowa is even in the Wisconsin discussion, however.

Reactions: headcard
Hey dickbag, I’m not an Iowa fan. You’ve been on this board for 30 minutes and I’ve been here since early 2000s. Numb nuts.
I like your avatar and:

giphy.gif

I hate everything about the B1G. I hate how Nebraska is treated, I hate the style of football, I hate the road trips and I hate all the jackwagon fans like OP. I miss Big 12/Big 8 football and our traditional rivalries and being amongst peers that respect us.

That being said, that conference is completely unstable (we are partially to blame) and all those schools are sweating bullets being time, afraid they won't have a seat and won't have the resources to compete moving forward. So our only option is to move forward, overcome what the B1G throws at us, and find a way to be successful here.
Agreed with all points. After 11 years in the B1G, I think any honest Nebraska fan would admit that the Big 12 that existed when we left it was a MUCH better situation for us than the B1G; unfortunately, greed from both inside and outside the conference destroyed it and now we're in the position we're in now - in a conference most of us dislike - its only selling points really being money and stability.

Cool. I'll give Trev a call and let him know that another asshat from the hawkkkeye board stopped by to type out a six paragraph post advising us message board posters to stop living in the 90s. That should fix everything. Hilarious that you feel Iowa is even in the Wisconsin discussion, however.
Not a Hawkeye fan. Believe it or not want to see Nebraska become relevant again. College football is better when all the traditional powers are running at full strength. With the playoffs expanding I want to see compelling matchups. You can ignore the problems all you want. It isn't the conference affiliation that has caused this. It's like blaming a medical diagnosis on moving to a new city.

Like I just said in the 'Chinander' thread...the amount and levels of trolling on this board is unmatched. This guy seems like a Wisconsin fan disguising his real intention...to troll Minnesota.
That’s rich coming from you🤣

Exactly. Instead of getting boat raced by Ohio State and Wisconsin, we would get boat raced by Baylor and Oklahoma State.

Yeah there are opposing teams' fans who seem to camp out here 24/7/365 despite never having anything to say that's even the slightest bit interesting or insightful.

Do you know anyone like that?

Hated the move to the B1G, never really warmed to it to this day, so I'm in a perfect spot to say you are dead wrong. I do not want to move back to the Big 12 and don't think it would fix our football program. Only people living outside the state, or are not Husker fans, think we are still living in the 90's. We aren't.

Last edited:
Not a Hawkeye fan. Believe it or not want to see Nebraska become relevant again. College football is better when all the traditional powers are running at full strength. With the playoffs expanding I want to see compelling matchups. You can ignore the problems all you want. It isn't the conference affiliation that has caused this. It's like blaming a medical diagnosis on moving to a new city.
Not medical condition, but financial ruin it could be comparable.

Make enough money to own a mcmansion in Omaha. Move to Denver, same income or slightly boosted, can't afford more (barely) than an absolute dump in the rough part of town needing flipped top to bottom.

That's us having lost our traditional recruiting ground since moving to B1G.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT