How Many Republicans Does It Take to Tell a Crime From a Coup?

Huskermatt23

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Jan 11, 2017
Seattle
What a dumbass!
FIFY

New York, Portland, Baltimore, Minneapolis, and more Dem cities have been releasing criminals without charges. San Fran won't even arrest petty crime under 1000. Just like stop the Asian hate that is being carried out by black perpetrators, but blamed on white supremacy.
Sorry didn't mean to offend you white supremacists.

Reactions: realbp

Huskermatt23

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Jan 11, 2017
Seattle
This is a completely ignorant statement. The Antifa thugs in these riots especially in MN, Seattle, and Portland looked mainly white.
Yea I am sure that is the image that pops in the head of the average Fox news viewer when they say BLM or Antifa protestors... some middle aged white guy.

Reactions: nelsonj22

jbskers

Athletic Director
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
So if it was antifa that committed all of these crimes and acts of violence, wouldn't you want it investigated so we can hold the folks responsible accountable?
if you would have said this while they were burning down cities and killing people I might listen

• Haha

zomaha

Head Coach
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2009
zomaha, nebraska
What were they doing there?
ErFJ9SJUcAAEWIf.jpg

This fella was just demanding they audit the votes

Huskermatt23

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Jan 11, 2017
Seattle
if you would have said this while they were burning down cities and killing people I might listen
As Republican Congressman Adam Kinzinger has said, "There is a difference between breaking the law and rejecting the rule of law, between a crime -- even grave crimes -- and a coup."

Reactions: philosophusker

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Yea I am sure that is the image that pops in the head of the average Fox news viewer when they say BLM or Antifa protestors... some middle aged white guy.
Wait, is this a real statement? Antifa is absolutely mostly white people. They are Communists and Marxists, but not mainly minorities. People on the right get that concept. BLM however is a Marxist African-American group. People that follow the BLM movement however are all across the leftist spectrum. If you still support BLM you are insane.

maggs

Recruiting Coordinator
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2001
Can you tell us what they were doing there then?
Expressing their displeasure with the outcome of the election, maybe? Regardless of how f-ing stupid it was, you don’t have a coup against he US government with flags, tear gas and 3? guns.
Maybe I am overestimating the firepower of our government, I don’t know.

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Appreciate the attempt at humor, but you said they weren't there to overthrow the government. I genuinely want to know what you think that mob was doing if they weren't there to overthrow the government. You really think it was harmless fun?
I think a small group were thuggish idiots for sure that were there for anything similar to Antifa, but on the opposite side. The other people who weren't wrestling/attacking people said they were concerned about voter integrity and making sure the election was valid. I don't see anyone claiming they were trying to take over the capitol like the Bundy clown in the Western US for a federal building.

Reactions: Jaemekon

tb233

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Dec 13, 2017
Wait, is this a real statement? Antifa is absolutely mostly white people. They are Communists and Marxists, but not mainly minorities. People on the right get that concept. BLM however is a Marxist African-American group. People that follow the BLM movement however are all across the leftist spectrum. If you still support BLM you are insane.

We don't agree on much but this is actually pretty close to spot on in my opinion. Only place I'd really offer a differentiation is with BLM organization and folks who agree with a lot of the original BLM ideology but don't subscribe to the more recent way they're operating. The folks who took over and are running the BLM 'group', if you will, should be separated from the folks fighting for Black Lives. Started out with good intentions and some loud mouthed jackasses hijacked it and completely derailed what they were trying to accomplish. Antifa definitely is a weird group of white people who in a lot of cases don't know their noses from the a$$holes. I think it started out as a well intentioned group that got overrun by crazies.

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
We don't agree on much but this is actually pretty close to spot on in my opinion. Only place I'd really offer a differentiation is with BLM organization and folks who agree with a lot of the original BLM ideology but don't subscribe to the more recent way they're operating. The folks who took over and are running the BLM 'group', if you will, should be separated from the folks fighting for Black Lives. Started out with good intentions and some loud mouthed jackasses hijacked it and completely derailed what they were trying to accomplish. Antifa definitely is a weird group of white people who in a lot of cases don't know their noses from the a$$holes. I think it started out as a well intentioned group that got overrun by crazies.
I agree with you here.

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003
because he's a democrat...........roflmao
Really???
Adam Daniel Kinzinger (/ˈkɪnzɪŋər/; born February 27, 1978) is an American military officer and politician serving as the U.S. Representative for Illinois's 16th congressional district. The district covers eastern Rockford, most of Rockford's suburbs, and a swath of exurban territory around Chicago. He is a member of the Republican Party.

Kinzinger was first elected to Congress in 2010 from the 11th district. His district was largely merged with the 16th after the 2010 census, and Kinzinger transferred to the 16th after defeating its incumbent, Don Manzullo, in the Republican primary.

After the 2020 presidential election, Kinzinger became known for his vocal opposition to Republican President Donald Trump’s false claims of voter fraud and attempts to overturn the results. Kinzinger was one of 10 Republicans who voted to impeach Trump for incitement of insurrection in his second impeachment, and was one of only two Republicans to vote to create a select committee to investigate the 2021 attack on the U.S. Capitol, which he was subsequently appointed to.

I guess someone forgot to tell him and his constituents. Or maybe they actually aren't embarrassed to claim him.... very few can do that in the GOP.

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003
This is a completely ignorant statement. The Antifa thugs in these riots especially in MN, Seattle, and Portland looked mainly white.
Its not an ignorant statement. There are plenty of you who don't think any of the BLM or Antifa people are being held accountable. Now if you want to say the punishment should be worse... Im all for that, but there have been plenty arrests made.

June 4.... 2020.
PHOENIX (AP) — More than 10,000 people have been arrested in protests decrying racism and police brutality in the wake of George Floyd’s death, according to an Associated Press tally of known arrests across the U.S.

The count has grown by the hundreds each day as protesters spilled into the streets and encountered a heavy police presence and curfews that give law enforcement stepped-up arrest powers.

Reactions: Gonzo3705

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Jonesboro, Arkansas (York, NE originally)
Expressing their displeasure with the outcome of the election, maybe? Regardless of how f-ing stupid it was, you don’t have a coup against he US government with flags, tear gas and 3? guns.
Maybe I am overestimating the firepower of our government, I don’t know.
If they were there to stop the election certification process, which was an attempt to reverse the election results, would that not be a coup attempt?

The people elected Joe Biden and the insurrectionists wanted Trump in there. (Trump had sent them to the Capitol to 'fight like hell' or whatever) Do you think a large mob of people breaking into the capitol, causing congress to flee, with the goal to reverse the election (which was the will of the people) is merely expressing displeasure?

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Its not an ignorant statement. There are plenty of you who don't think any of the BLM or Antifa people are being held accountable. Now if you want to say the punishment should be worse... Im all for that, but there have been plenty arrests made.

June 4.... 2020.
PHOENIX (AP) — More than 10,000 people have been arrested in protests decrying racism and police brutality in the wake of George Floyd’s death, according to an Associated Press tally of known arrests across the U.S.

The count has grown by the hundreds each day as protesters spilled into the streets and encountered a heavy police presence and curfews that give law enforcement stepped-up arrest powers.
Why are you peddling this again? Arrests mean nothing. Left wing prosecutors need to convict them. They are not. I mean in St Louis the pathetic Soros-funded prosecutor is too busy to convict murderers.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/almost...tland-rioters-have-been-dismissed-11618501979

Here is Portland with more than 50!!! days of violence.

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003
Why are you peddling this again? Arrests mean nothing. Left wing prosecutors need to convict them. They are not. I mean in St Louis the pathetic Soros-funded prosecutor is too busy to convict murderers.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/almost...tland-rioters-have-been-dismissed-11618501979

Here is Portland with more than 50!!! days of violence.
I give you 10K arrest and you come back with this...

Of 96 cases the U.S. attorney’s office in Portland filed last year charging protesters with federal crimes, including assaulting federal officers, civil disorder, and failing to obey, prosecutors have dropped 47 of them, government documents show. Ten people have pleaded guilty to related charges and two were ordered detained pending trial. None have gone to trial.

Ok so 50% or the 96 were dropped and thats regarding the federal cases. Im not sure what the total number for all case will be but Im sure that if not 100% tried, convicted and sentenced to life or death in prison.... you will call foul and left wing conspiracy.

Ill give you this to study...

Latest update: June 20, 2021

Original post: July 1, 2020

Since the murder of George Floyd on May 25, 2020 by Minneapolis police and the resulting waves of protests nationwide, tPP has fielded many requests to help provide a count of resulting felony cases. The early summer protests, riots, and sporadic uprisings resulted in over 10,000 arrests nationwide. The FBI later expanded that number to more than 13,600 (as of June 6, 2020). We have spoken with journalists, academic researchers, attorneys, community and prisoner support organizations, and many others.

tPP is focused on tracking felony cases of socio-political crime and violence, so many of these arrests likely fall within our project’s inclusion criteria. tPP tracks all types of ideological motives to study political violence. In this case, while the majority of cases are of demonstrators, some represent violence directed at demonstrators, or seemingly unrelated crimes described by State authorities (e.g., the DOJ, ATF) as ‘protest-related.’ Some of these cases will likely be excluded from our data set, but while they develop, we will continue to follow them. For example, we are including several federal cases where defendants are charged with only misdemeanors. Although this will disqualify them for later inclusion in the tPP dataset, we are including them to currently to assist those trying to track federal prosecutions.

Some have asked, ‘Why does the data set contain far-right crimes mixed in with those from demonstrators?’ Simply put, we seek to track all manners of political violence, regardless of ideology. Cases are eventually measured and coded on the basis of a defendants’ motive, ideology, etc., but in establishing these cases for preliminary tracking, we are simply asserting that the crimes have:

• a.) a socio-political motive, and/or,
    • b.) the federal government has labeled the crime ‘protest-related,’ ‘related to the civil disturbance,’ ‘riot cases, (see below)’ or through the use of other language which links the crime to the protests.

Reactions: Gonzo3705

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
I give you 10K arrest and you come back with this...

Of 96 cases the U.S. attorney’s office in Portland filed last year charging protesters with federal crimes, including assaulting federal officers, civil disorder, and failing to obey, prosecutors have dropped 47 of them, government documents show. Ten people have pleaded guilty to related charges and two were ordered detained pending trial. None have gone to trial.

Ok so 50% or the 96 were dropped and thats regarding the federal cases. Im not sure what the total number for all case will be but Im sure that if not 100% tried, convicted and sentenced to life or death in prison.... you will call foul and left wing conspiracy.

Ill give you this to study...

Latest update: June 20, 2021

Original post: July 1, 2020

Since the murder of George Floyd on May 25, 2020 by Minneapolis police and the resulting waves of protests nationwide, tPP has fielded many requests to help provide a count of resulting felony cases. The early summer protests, riots, and sporadic uprisings resulted in over 10,000 arrests nationwide. The FBI later expanded that number to more than 13,600 (as of June 6, 2020). We have spoken with journalists, academic researchers, attorneys, community and prisoner support organizations, and many others.

tPP is focused on tracking felony cases of socio-political crime and violence, so many of these arrests likely fall within our project’s inclusion criteria. tPP tracks all types of ideological motives to study political violence. In this case, while the majority of cases are of demonstrators, some represent violence directed at demonstrators, or seemingly unrelated crimes described by State authorities (e.g., the DOJ, ATF) as ‘protest-related.’ Some of these cases will likely be excluded from our data set, but while they develop, we will continue to follow them. For example, we are including several federal cases where defendants are charged with only misdemeanors. Although this will disqualify them for later inclusion in the tPP dataset, we are including them to currently to assist those trying to track federal prosecutions.

Some have asked, ‘Why does the data set contain far-right crimes mixed in with those from demonstrators?’ Simply put, we seek to track all manners of political violence, regardless of ideology. Cases are eventually measured and coded on the basis of a defendants’ motive, ideology, etc., but in establishing these cases for preliminary tracking, we are simply asserting that the crimes have:

• a.) a socio-political motive, and/or,
    • b.) the federal government has labeled the crime ‘protest-related,’ ‘related to the civil disturbance,’ ‘riot cases, (see below)’ or through the use of other language which links the crime to the protests.

If you download that exact sheet you gave me there is only 536!!! indictments for the ENTIRE country. You proved my point buddy. Thanks!!

Bobfather

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Oct 6, 2002
Oh? What were they trying to do, Erik? What exactly was the purpose of the domestic terrorism that befell our nation's capitol on Jan 6? Just a temper tantrum?
What would you call the Burn Loot Murder crowd that injured 150 Secret Service agents trying to breach the White House last summer to kill the President!

maggs

Recruiting Coordinator
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2001
If they were there to stop the election certification process, which was an attempt to reverse the election results, would that not be a coup attempt?

The people elected Joe Biden and the insurrectionists wanted Trump in there. (Trump had sent them to the Capitol to 'fight like hell' or whatever) Do you think a large mob of people breaking into the capitol, causing congress to flee, with the goal to reverse the election (which was the will of the people) is merely expressing displeasure?
I didn't say that they were there to reverse the election results, you did. Never mind, your mind is made up. Later.

maggs

Recruiting Coordinator
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2001
They were there to stop the vote right? What were they trying to ultimately accomplish if they stopped the vote?
They weren't going to stop the vote. You're slow on the uptake, aren't you? These guys were a bunch of Forrest Gumps that thought they could make a statement. All they stated was that they were idiots. Coup: oh my.

Reactions: 3andsomedust

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
They weren't going to stop the vote. You're slow on the uptake, aren't you? These guys were a bunch of Forrest Gumps that thought they could make a statement. All they stated was that they were idiots. Coup: oh my.
So they broke into the capitol on the same day the vote was taking place, but they weren't there to stop it? LoLOLOLOLo can't make this shit up.

You gomers will say anything no matter how outlandish to keep from admitting the reason those Trumpturds were there on Jan. 6th. RollingLaugh

maggs

Recruiting Coordinator
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2001
So they broke into the capitol on the same day the vote was taking place, but they weren't there to stop it? LoLOLOLOLo can't make this shit up.

You gomers will say anything no matter how outlandish to keep from admitting the reason those Trumpturds were there on Jan. 6th. RollingLaugh
Gomer. Nice one. Whether or not the vote took place that day, they weren’t going to stop the results of the election. You do you, though.

dee_s3

First Team All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Apr 11, 2008
Yeah, oh the horror! Oh the terror! Makes you really wonder what they're hiding in those 14,000 hours of footage?.

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Gomer. Nice one. Whether or not the vote took place that day, they weren’t going to stop the results of the election. You do you, though.
You said I was "slow on the uptake." Guess I should have pointed out that was a "nice one."

Don't be so sensitive Felicia.

Of course they weren't going to stop the results of the election. They were a band of merry idiots. I mean these are people who voted for Trump after all.

If a guy robs a liquor store with a water pistol, and fails miserably, that doesn't mean he wasn't trying to get away with it. Just means he is a moron. Also, it's still a crime with intent whether it's a water pistol or some type of real weapon, like a flag pole fashioned into a spear.

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
I guess even Republicans don't really believe in the election fraud bullshit.

How long are you Trumpers going to keep peddling this BS? It makes you look really stupid to keep repeating these lies. As your friend, I thought you should know.

-phil

Reactions: Lar Gand

jbskers

Athletic Director
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
So you don't think they should investigate Jan 6th to see if it was antifa?
I have no issues with the investigation if it's bipartisan , what you are seeing is Pelosi picking the clowns who she's knows will NOT ask the real questions. Not sure if you can understand fair and balanced , but that's what I prefer not a political witch hunt

Bobfather

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Oct 6, 2002
I guess even Republicans don't really believe in the election fraud bullshit.

How long are you Trumpers going to keep peddling this BS? It makes you look really stupid to keep repeating these lies. As your friend, I thought you should know.

-phil

You are saying Kinsinger a deep state RINO is credible boy you are dumb!

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003
What would you call the Burn Loot Murder crowd that injured 150 Secret Service agents trying to breach the White House last summer to kill the President!
Insurrectionist...but that's not really what happened.

rgrachek

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004
Oh? What were they trying to do, Erik? What exactly was the purpose of the domestic terrorism that befell our nation's capitol on Jan 6? Just a temper tantrum?
Damn, is this all you guys got for the 2022s?

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003
The hell it isn’t!
Proof? All you have to do is show proof.

I found this.

More than 60 Secret Service officers and agents were injured near the White House this weekend​

From CNN’s Jason Hoffman
More than 60 US Secret Service Uniformed Division officers and special agents were injured starting Friday night through Sunday morning near the White House as protests rocked Washington, DC, following the death of George Floyd last week, according to a statement from the Secret Service.
The officers and agents were injured when protesters threw “projectiles such as bricks, rocks, bottles, fireworks and other items,” according to the statement. “Personnel were also directly physically assaulted as they were kicked, punched and exposed to bodily fluids.”
CNN teams were on hand for much of the protests and witnessed protesters throwing objects at officers and pulling temporary fencing away from them.
Eleven Secret Service employees were transported to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
The Secret Service said no one crossed the White House fence and no one being protected was ever in danger.
Officers made one arrest near the White House on Saturday night.

Found this too.

But none of it discusses overthrowing the government or the will of the people. Nothing about changing an election outcome or trying to seize control of the government.

So Not really the same thing.

Last edited: