ADVERTISEMENT

how many people would we get for fall scrimmages in Memorial Stadium?

dinglefritz

Nebraska Legend
Jan 14, 2011
Just a thought. I bet we could fill whatever the reduced capacity would be. Local TV coverage and sponsorships. Maybe bring in some outside teams for "exhibitions". Would exhibitions be excluded by the B1G? We play exhibitions in basketball.... Hell I would tune it to watch on TV or listen on radio.

On the Green Bay packer conference call, they mentioned that they could only have 12,000 fans based on social distancing and they said they were at a disadvantage because of all the bench seating that they have in Lambeau.

My guess is Nebraska would have the same issue and probably only get about 15,000 if they decide to follow Protocols.

On the Green Bay packer conference call, they mentioned that they could only have 12,000 fans based on social distancing and they said they were at a disadvantage because of all the bench seating that they have in Lambeau.

My guess is Nebraska would have the same issue and probably only get about 15,000 if they decide to follow Protocols.
Jeff Culhane just said on 590 that the MVC is allowing their members to play up to 3 non-con games this fall even though they're planning to try to play in the spring. THAT IMO would be a great compromise to this situation. Let those teams who are meeting the UNMC criteria schedule 4 non-con games this fall. Then IF we can play in the spring do a round robin of divisions starting in February followed by a CCG. Then cut back on the number of games played in 2021 to compensate for spring ball.

Jeff Culhane just said on 590 that the MVC is allowing their members to play up to 3 non-con games this fall even though they're planning to try to play in the spring. THAT IMO would be a great compromise to this situation. Let those teams who are meeting the UNMC criteria schedule 4 non-con games this fall. Then IF we can play in the spring do a round robin of divisions starting in February followed by a CCG. Then cut back on the number of games played in 2021 to compensate for spring ball.

I haven't seen anything to indicate the B1G is considering any flexibility on that.

Maybe we'll propose it, but it doesn't seem likely to get approved if we're the solo voice.

I haven't seen anything to indicate the B1G is considering any flexibility on that.

Maybe we'll propose it, but it doesn't seem likely to get approved if we're the solo voice.
It would be too logical to allow teams who can go ahead and play a few non-con games. The B!G could televise the damned games and make money on it too.

I know they have said practices are allowed - however have they given details about what is and is not allowed in these practices?

there is a big difference between shorts and helmets for individual drills and full on team scrimmages

I know they have said practices are allowed - however have they given details about what is and is not allowed in these practices?

there is a big difference between shorts and helmets for individual drills and full on team scrimmages

walk thru variety.

We should have 4 Scrimmages. Televised by the B1G network.

Spring game format.

ADVERTISEMENT