ADVERTISEMENT

How long will this last?

what a coincidence! that's exactly what I was doing..

Well, you let me know when we start killing people to keep businesses open, fool..

But by the same token, culling the herd of some wouldn't be such a bad idea. ^^^^^

Oh, now I remember...it went..

"God created economy. On the next day...God created man.."

Well, you let me know when we start killing people to keep businesses open, fool..

But by the same token, culling the herd of some wouldn't be such a bad idea. ^^^^^

Oh, now I remember...it went..

"God created economy. On the next day...God created man.."
Or, as it reads in your world: man said jump and lesser man asked, “how high?”

sleep tight in security, sheep. the virus comes only for those who dare to venture.

Hilarious!! And very original. Suggesting the death of a dissenting poster is always gold. Good for you.

Careful, though. A few more posts like that and you may hear a knock on your door..

Bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Dude, you just put money (the economy) ahead of thousands of lives. I simply pointed out how ridiculous it was. And you know it was too. Move on..

Dude, you just put money (the economy) ahead of thousands of lives. I simply pointed out how ridiculous it was. And you know it was too. Move on..
I did not say anything about the economy, money or the like.

You, meanwhile, continually defend compliance over liberty. A sentiment I find rather odd, given what has been sacrificed to gain the latter and what evidence there is to combat the former.

Ridiculous is as ridiculous does.

It's also not difficult to understand that tanking the economy for months on end will also take lives.

We aren't going to allow people to die until we get down to people fighting over scraps of food. Until that happens, we will continue to try to save lives.

These are people's spouses, parents, sons, daughters, brothers, and sisters. When you are good with your family members dying off, so you can get yourself a ribeye at Longhorn, please provide the proper people with their phone numbers.

I did not say anything about the economy, money or the like.

You, meanwhile, continually defend compliance over liberty. A sentiment I find rather odd, given what has been sacrificed to gain the latter and what evidence there is to combat the former.

Ridiculous is as ridiculous does.

Ah yes, I remember it well...when Patrick Henry furrowed his brow and delivered the words that have echoed through history..."Give me Liberty...or give me Compliance.."

If you are trying to imply being free of any restrictions right now is more important than community, then congratulations, you'll be the guy that won't follow the CDC guidelines, and will get yourself and others killed. This is your responsibility as a human being right now...to live your life for community, not your freedoms.

I've got news for you...there's no liberty when you're surrounded by a hungry pack of wolves. There is only surviving.

Reactions: ThereIsNoPlace
We aren't going to allow people to die until we get down to people fighting over scraps of food. Until that happens, we will continue to try to save lives.

These are people's spouses, parents, sons, daughters, brothers, and sisters. When you are good with your family members dying off, so you can get yourself a ribeye at Longhorn, please provide the proper people with their phone numbers.

If you get to that point, it's too late to go back. It's much more important to never come close to that point than to try to keep people from getting the virus.

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
I think how long it lasts depends on the American people.
the science of covid-19 is pretty straight forward.
people give it to other people......
Im not sure it does a lot of good having apple employees stay home while others don't.
what it requires is a 20 day shut down of everybody..and a government that can mobilise after the 20 days and make correct decision on who is and who is not infected..(herding 300million cats)..so basicly there's no hope that way....

so a cure & a anti-virus is the next chance.

hopefully life appointed tyrannts like xi and putan, will find it in there stone hearts to atleast do better than people eating bats. We can't stop herion dealing ms-13 members and jihadist mohamidans from crossing the borders without liberals having a 20 year tissue session. good luck on stoping a virus that could be in anyone.

Last edited:
I think how long it lasts depends on the American people.
the science of covid-19 is pretty straight forward.
people give it to other people......
Im not sure it does a lot of good having apple employees stay home while others don't.
what it requires is a 20 day shut down of everybody..and a government that can mobilise after the 20 days and make correct decision on who is and who is not infected..(herding 300million cats)..so basicly there's no hope that way....

so a cure & a anti-virus is the next chance.

hopefully life appointed tyrannts like xi and putan, will find it in there stone hearts to atleast do better than people eating bats. We can't stop herion dealing ms-13 members and jihadist mohamidans from crossing the borders without liberals having a 20 year tissue session. good luck on stoping a virus that could be in anyone.

I've thought the exact same thing. I was thinking along the lines of 14 days, because most positive people will show up in that 14 days. And if you don't show positive symptoms within 14 days you generally won't become positive and will no longer be a carrier. At least to my knowledge. But 3 weeks instead of 2 would certainly make sure of who was positive and negative.

I've thought the only way to completely shut down transmission, and to have the least impact on the economy would be a total lockdown for 2 or possibly 3 weeks. To me it would be better to bite the bullet and go through 3 weeks of hell to stop transmission, instead of slowing transmission and slowly bleeding out the economy.

Businesses could handle 3 weeks of shutdown more easily than slowly dying over 2 or 3 months. Consider it a sort of a staycation. No one works for 2 or 3 weeks, completely eliminates transmission, then treat those that show symptoms in that time. Obviously there will be those that need food and supplies during that time. That is where the military and national guard come into play. They can police people being out and about, and also provide food and supplies.

Reactions: redwine65
I've thought the exact same thing. I was thinking along the lines of 14 days, because most positive people will show up in that 14 days. And if you don't show positive symptoms within 14 days you generally won't become positive and will no longer be a carrier. At least to my knowledge. But 3 weeks instead of 2 would certainly make sure of who was positive and negative.

I've thought the only way to completely shut down transmission, and to have the least impact on the economy would be a total lockdown for 2 or possibly 3 weeks. To me it would be better to bite the bullet and go through 3 weeks of hell to stop transmission, instead of slowing transmission and slowly bleeding out the economy.

Businesses could handle 3 weeks of shutdown more easily than slowly dying over 2 or 3 months. Consider it a sort of a staycation. No one works for 2 or 3 weeks, completely eliminates transmission, then treat those that show symptoms in that time. Obviously there will be those that need food and supplies during that time. That is where the military and national guard come into play. They can police people being out and about and provide food and supplies.

amen, I think in the end it's gonna take out who the good Lord decides it's gonna take out, and as job says for reasons beyond our understanding.

Ah yes, I remember it well...when Patrick Henry furrowed his brow and delivered the words that have echoed through history..."Give me Liberty...or give me Compliance.."

If you are trying to imply being free of any restrictions right now is more important than community, then congratulations, you'll be the guy that won't follow the CDC guidelines, and will get yourself and others killed. This is your responsibility as a human being right now...to live your life for community, not your freedoms.

I've got news for you...there's no liberty when you're surrounded by a hungry pack of wolves. There is only surviving.

I'm saying, quite clearly, that personal responsibility is all that's needed. not Martial Law, which you seem to be begging for.

individuals doing what's best for themselves is best for the collective. a tale as old as time.

nobody cares less about you or the community than our bloated, inept government.

Last edited:
That assumes a ton, a) that people stay immune, when there are some suspected reinfections, and b) the virus doesn’t adapt and change, which they have already seen 2 strains. We struggle to keep the flu viruses in check, add another yearly seasonal that is more deadly and we could be significant loss of life.
The suspected reinfections are simply rumor, as followup on the front and backend of these stories haven't been done. Not saying it isn't possible, but mishandling patients in a crisis is likely to happen as well.

The mutated strain is less attainable,or,harder to get. Understand, not having antibodies ever means no flu shot, virus able to act unimpeded in your body. Sars and mers have both died down, the mutated version has already shown its natural progression to be less volatile,as most virii do.

So, if this is a very first,while it could be, the very fact the mutation is less infectious shows it's already changing in our favor.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I'm saying, quite clearly, that personal responsibility is all that's needed. not Marshall Law, which you seem to be begging for.

individuals doing what's best for themselves is best for the collective. a tale as old as time.

nobody cares less about you or the community than our bloated, inept government.

So...you trust the multiple people testing positive in this country to self-quarantine on this virus? Keep in mind that your answer to this question determines whether I consider you a realist, or a complete sucker, fully prepared to go all in with your nest egg on beachfront property in Wichita.

I’m not sure how my age (50) has anything to do with it.

I would rather have the healthcare system overloaded for a few weeks than throwing a hand grenade into the economy and blowing everything up, because if you have a prolonged period dealing with this, calling out the National guard and fema camps, I do believe people are going to go apeshit, and nobody is gonna care about the virus then.
Man, while I do agree getting this done with asap would be great in many ways. Overloading the hospital system probably isn't the best way to do it. The loss of life would be significant. Plus the fact putting docs and others in a position where they have to choose who lives and who dies. That would be a tough spot to be in as a human.

Man, while I do agree getting this done with asap would be great in many ways. Overloading the hospital system probably isn't the best way to do it. The loss of life would be significant. Plus the fact putting docs and others in a position where they have to choose who lives and who dies. That would be a tough spot to be in as a human.
I could see ptsd forming, plus sloppiness as the workers become exhausted,causing even further problems.
Once our healthcare systems broken, its broken.
We cant just have doctors be next man up when there arent anymore.

Reactions: jmliehr
Most everyone is behaving now, thank goodness. I hope this goes quickly because I feel like I’m going to work at a powder keg waiting to go off. The longer stores are short on certain items and kids are out of school just scares me. However, I’ve got a bad feeling that in order to achieve the goal that everyone wants, this is going to be a long haul.

The USA and Western Europe's biggest problem is the behavior of Gen Z and Millennials. Unlike S.Korea and Japan, our younger people are spreading this like wildfire right now still!

So...you trust the multiple people testing positive in this country to self-quarantine on this virus? Keep in mind that your answer to this question determines whether I consider you a realist, or a complete sucker, fully prepared to go all in with your nest egg on beachfront property in Wichita.
so, in other words, unless my answer aligns with yours, I'm a crackpot.

a true realist, indeed. Big Brother thanks you for your unwavering servitude.

I'm saying, quite clearly, that personal responsibility is all that's needed. not Martial Law, which you seem to be begging for.

That's why this won't go away, many Gen Z and Millennials do give a shit about it.

That's why this won't go away, many Gen Z and Millennials do give a shit about it.
it wouldn't 'go away' if nobody left their house for a month, either.

the self-quarantine doesn't solve the virus, only slows the spread so our healthcare infrastructure doesn't become overrun.

in my opinion, we don't need military personnel hassling citizens and citing them whenever they dare to commit the incomprehensible crime of setting foot outside their home.

Punishing the innocent never works.
No one else solves someone elses problems.

It's far better to give the liberty to the people to fix this, than a government.
Those that break rules, there might be certain things happening to them.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo

the self-quarantine doesn't solve the virus, only slows the spread so our healthcare infrastructure doesn't become overrun.

in my opinion, we don't need military personnel hassling citizens and citing them whenever they dare to commit the incomprehensible crime of setting foot outside their home.

Korea was almost in the clear, then a patient ignored quarantine and went to church and ate out after testing positive. There are examples in the US of similar negligence, I wish we could trust people to do the right thing, but the American mentality of if I’m not down for the count I can go wherever I want and do whatever I want is not helping.

Korea was almost in the clear, then a patient ignored quarantine and went to church and ate out after testing positive. There are examples in the US of similar negligence, I wish we could trust people to do the right thing, but the American mentality of if I’m not down for the count I can go wherever I want and do whatever I want is not helping.
Agree people in the US are going to have to be forced to listen. They will not do it on their own. Look at all the idiotic spring breakers.

Spring Breakers are asking for Martial Law. Shoot them on sight. semi-joking

%25210_0000_MORGUE_JamesArness_MarshalMattDillon.jpg
Spring Breakers are asking for Martial Law. Shoot them on sight. semi-joking
Theres a new ..marshall in town

From my reading on this, I don't believe this to be the case. What I've read on asymptomatic carriers is they can not transmit the virus after 14 days. I'm sure there are some that would probably fall outside that 14 days, so quarantine everyone for 21 days. That would be determined by experts. This mandatory quarantine would include the closing of all businesses. I would guess drive through pharmacies would have to be allowed Everything from gas stations to larger employers.

You will find out all of those that become symptomatic within 14 days, so then you can take them into hospitals and treat them, or determine if mandatory home quarantine would be appropriate for those less severe symptoms. I don't believe the numbers testing positive right now in the U.S. are overrunning our health system. At least in most states.

That would only leave those that aren't active carriers after 14-21 days. After the 14-21 day time period, those people would likely be safe to interact. The only ones that would be sick would be those that have shown symptoms after that time period.

The reason why the numbers are starting to wane in China is because mandatory quarantines are working to eliminate further transmission.

Does it really matter at this point if we were to go from pretty much all businesses that gather more than 10 people at a time being closed, to forcing everyone to stay home for 2 to 3 weeks? We could eliminate virtually all transmissions, and 'tease' out all symptomatic cases by having everyone mandatorily stay home.

Do this for 2-3 weeks, then our country could move forward from that point without any restrictions.

Use military/national guard to enforce mandatory home quarantine and to deliver needed food and goods for those that can't make it through 2-3 weeks. Provide the military with protective clothing and masks to make these deliveries. Provide a ramp up period for those to get stocked up with food and supplies that will last them whatever is deemed necessary, 2-3 weeks. After that ramp up period, then implement the mandatory home quarantine.

We could kill this thing off in the U.S. in 2-3 weeks, after the ramping up period. Of course travel restrictions from other countries would remain in place. This would limit the financial strain to businesses to just that 2-3 week period, instead of slowly bleeding them dry.

Draconian? Yes. But it would also tamp down transmissions to zero. There would have to be other details worked out, but these would be the main mandatory actions.

Punishing the innocent never works.
No one else solves someone elses problems.

It's far better to give the liberty to the people to fix this, than a government.
Those that break rules, there might be certain things happening to them.

There are no guilty or innocent here, for the most part. There are only infected and non-infected. Those different categories would simply be treated differently.

I don't blame anyone for getting infected, as long as they are following guidelines. I only blame those whose actions were careless to become infected or transmit the virus. Those are the people that are going to get the rest of us killed.

From my reading on this, I don't believe this to be the case. What I've read on asymptomatic carriers is they can not transmit the virus after 14 days. I'm sure there are some that would probably fall outside that 14 days, so quarantine everyone for 21 days. That would be determined by experts. This mandatory quarantine would include the closing of all businesses. I would guess drive through pharmacies would have to be allowed Everything from gas stations to larger employers.

You will find out all of those that become symptomatic within 14 days, so then you can take them into hospitals and treat them, or determine if mandatory home quarantine would be appropriate for those less severe symptoms. I don't believe the numbers testing positive right now in the U.S. are overrunning our health system. At least in most states.

That would only leave those that aren't active carriers after 14-21 days. After the 14-21 day time period, those people would likely be safe to interact. The only ones that would be sick would be those that have shown symptoms after that time period.

The reason why the numbers are starting to wane in China is because mandatory quarantines are working to eliminate further transmission.

Does it really matter at this point if we were to go from pretty much all businesses that gather more than 10 people at a time being closed, to forcing everyone to stay home for 2 to 3 weeks? We could eliminate virtually all transmissions, and 'tease' out all symptomatic cases by having everyone mandatorily stay home.

Do this for 2-3 weeks, then our country could move forward from that point without any restrictions.

Use military/national guard to enforce mandatory home quarantine and to deliver needed food and goods for those that can't make it through 2-3 weeks. Provide the military with protective clothing and masks to make these deliveries. Provide a ramp up period for those to get stocked up with food and supplies that will last them whatever is deemed necessary, 2-3 weeks. After that ramp up period, then implement the mandatory home quarantine.

We could kill this thing off in the U.S. in 2-3 weeks, after the ramping up period. Of course travel restrictions from other countries would remain in place. This would limit the financial strain to businesses to just that 2-3 week period, instead of slowly bleeding them dry.

Draconian? Yes. But it would also tamp down transmissions to zero. There would have to be other details worked out, but these would be the main mandatory actions.
due to essential workers, especially those in hospitals & the military you speak of, the spread will not stop entirely, so this is outrageously pie in the sky.

there would be riots if military personnel are shaking down citizens and asking them where they're going and why they're out of the house. that is a nightmare scenario and would not end well. not to mention the precedent.

F that. if we're going to beat anything together it's got to be through faith in your fellow man and not martial law, putting those least qualified (gov't) in charge of individuals.

Last edited:
Nice article here from the NYTimes, talks about the researchers sharing info with the white house task group. Falls in line with the guidance I've been told of approximately 4 months.

I'm not privy to any "top secret" info, I'm not military or in govt. My best guess is around 4 months (go figure). Who knows what mitigation strategies will be in place 2 weeks or 2 months from now.

There are no guilty or innocent here, for the most part. There are only infected and non-infected. Those different categories would simply be treated differently.

I don't blame anyone for getting infected, as long as they are following guidelines. I only blame those whose actions were careless to become infected or transmit the virus. Those are the people that are going to get the rest of us killed.
Under your comment, the one above your response to me, why not release those tested negative out then?
Theres your innocent.
Getting infected and then being irresponsible carries a penalty, but I simply point to kthe florida beaches or france here, you can't make people's will change unless you can enforce it, and enforcing it will need to happen. Explain those things happening in a state by a governor of your choice.

I get yout point, but extended the liberty of people to share this burden builds community, builds a country, unlike how the people in china hate theirs, and thats why those chinese leaders fear us who call it what it is, thd chinese flu.

You are generalizing a whole population. Most of the positive cases in Nebraska have been people in their 40s - 60s and have been travel related to hotspots like Europe, New York, California, and Colorado. It's individuals that are irresponsible, not generations.

You are generalizing a whole population. Most of the positive cases in Nebraska have been people in their 40s - 60s and have been travel related to hotspots like Europe, New York, California, and Colorado. It's individuals that are irresponsible, not generations.
Exactly right. Boomers can't stop generalizing other generations.

Expect a double peak. Fall of 2020 will see flu and other things that fill hospitals, yet w/o a vaccine for COVID-19. Sorry, that’s the scenario planning health systems are preparing for.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Expect a double peak. Fall of 2020 will see flu and other things that fill hospitals, yet w/o a vaccine for COVID-19. Sorry, that’s the scenario planning health systems are preparing for.

Going to make it one hell of a summer

due to essential workers, especially those in hospitals & the military you speak of, the spread will not stop entirely, so this is outrageously pie in the sky.

there would be riots if military personnel are shaking down citizens and asking them where they're going and why they're out of the house. that is a nightmare scenario and would not end well. not to mention the precedent.

F that. if we're going to beat anything together it's got to be through faith in your fellow man and not martial law, putting those least qualified (gov't) in charge of individuals.

Not pie in the sky at all. If you eliminate interaction of people, you eliminate transmission.

Hospital workers treating Coronavirus patients aren't nonchalantly walking around in shorts and t-shirts. Maybe you haven't heard, but they take this virus pretty seriously in the medical community.

Military members wouldn't be allowed to physically interact with the public, unless they were wearing protective gear. There might be a chance of some cross-contamination here, but would be minimal.

Hey, if people want to riot against being stopped for not following a mandatory home quarantine, and get shot, hey that's their headache and they'll have to live (or die actually), with the consequences. And frankly, if people don't feel like they need to be responsible to the rest of humanity by not spreading this virus, then they deserve to be shot. The earlier the better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT