ADVERTISEMENT

How long do you think it will take Frost to bring home a B1G Champ?

How long before Frost wins a Big Ten Championship?

• over 5 years

Votes: 67 29.1%
  • under 5 years

Votes: 129 56.1%
  • never

Votes: 34 14.8%

• Total voters
I think its funny that UCF can go 0-12 to undefeated and with pretty much the same players and there are folks who think it cannot happen here WITH THE ENTIRE SAME COACHING STAFF COMING HERE ALMOST TO THE MAN!!!

Take the emotion out of it and just look at the track record of the coaching staff, the measurables of the players, the only thing that is going to make wild success slow is THIS YEAR's SCHEDULE. Last I looked this years schedule ends this year. It's gonna look slow at first, then hold onto your butts! My money is on a lot of very fun times ahead!

Hokey Smokes folks!!! When has a Frost-led unit unquestionably failed?? I'll wait for a response...

I think its funny that UCF can go 0-12 to undefeated and with pretty much the same players and there are folks who think it cannot happen here WITH THE ENTIRE SAME COACHING STAFF COMING HERE ALMOST TO THE MAN!!!

Take the emotion out of it and just look at the track record of the coaching staff, the measurables of the players, the only thing that is going to make wild success slow is THIS YEAR's SCHEDULE. Last I looked this years schedule ends this year. It's gonna look slow at first, then hold onto your butts! My money is on a a lot of very fun times ahead!

Hokey Smokes folks!!! When has a Frost-led unit unquestionably failed?? I'll wait for a response...

It's not that people are doubting Frost and Co. The Big 10 is a way tougher conference than UCF's.. Therefore we're going to take some losses, probably have more injuries, etc. Building the depth will take 3 years minimum.

Reactions: husker2612
The talent gap is immense...this is no 2008 where Bo had a # of future 1st round picks on roster...NU barely has NFL picks anymore. Bo was awful at recruiting his last few years, and Riley was mediocre in his two years...that means we have a 4-5 year cycle of poor recruiting mixed with transfers. The team also has little leadership, where Bo had a number of guys who would not only play in the NFL but lead defenses in the NFL...this team has a bunch guys who play like they don't belong on a top team. And looking at recruiting and offers, they probably don't. If Frost had Suh, Prince, Compton, Niles Paul I'd say we could be in the big 10 championship in 2 years. He has a roster of players that didn't play a SINGLE decent game last year. They didn't get hot, or play well through any stretch of last season. Things never clicked. They were a 4-8 team with 4 wins over some of the worst teams in college football.

We had no idea that talent existed until after the fact. We sure as hell werent here talking about all the NFL talent Bo was walking in to back before 2008. I’ve been around here long enough to know that we were singing the exact same tune in 2007 as you’re singing right now..

Point being that we have no idea what sort of talent is on this team right now..

It's not that people are doubting Frost and Co. The Big 10 is a way tougher conference than UCF's.. Therefore we're going to take some losses, probably have more injuries, etc. Building the depth will take 3 years minimum.

Yeah you're right it is probably the best from top to bottom, and I'm not expecting a 2 year wild turnaround to undefeated. It just amazes me people think Nebraska will have only 9 win success until the end of football.

Coaches are 90% of everything in CFB. The staff, led by the HC sets the tone and rythym, and the players either dig the beat or not and buy in and dance. How well they dance is on the motivation from the beat.

I'm just convinced Frost and the staff knows how to create a good track.

Last edited:

Take the emotion out of it and just look at the track record of the coaching staff, the measurables of the players, the only thing that is going to make wild success slow is THIS YEAR's SCHEDULE. Last I looked this years schedule ends this year. It's gonna look slow at first, then hold onto your butts! My money is on a lot of very fun times ahead!

You are not comparing apples to apples. The AAC is far from the BIG10.

Yes it is, no doubt much more solid top to bottom in the B1G. However after watching UCF bring down Auburn, I would put them up against any team in the country with a chance to win.

I know I'm drinking the Big Red koolaid, however...

When has it been in question that SF failed to put in the thought and work to that led to a failure in all his coaching positions?

Reactions: CJ Beat Hard
There is some pretty simple logic that must be applied.

* NU has consistently recruited higher classes than Wiscy
* Paul Chryst is a solid coach, but SF is better & UCF proved it
* Wiscy gets excellent production from players, SF will do better
* SF won't have anyone like Alvarez breathing down his back
* NU recruiting: SF's titles, experience, pedigree & more tradition
* Speaking of pedigree, compare SF to PC, not even close
* NU has better facilities and stronger graduation rates
* Loyalty is critical in CF. Is there any doubt it has returned?
* Imagine SF and PC in your house after your kid...you kidding?
* SF seems better at game adjustments than PC
* SF is right, Neb. is warmer than Wisc., Mich. & Ohio
* SF is right, conference will have to adjust to SF offense
* How fast? Were people paying attention to UCF?

Key issue is how long it takes NU to field a stout defense.
Once done, Wiscy & west will struggle against NU soon enough.
Next rung will be taking on OSU & PSU, that will be tougher.
Still think NU needs to develop an edge to offset local recruiting.
However, OU was our nemesis and made us better.
That rivalry defined CF for decades; look for more of that.
Lots to look forward to. SF was no average hire. THE BEST!

Imagine if he came in 3 years ago. Sure, he wouldn't have had the UCF buzz & seasoning, but I doubt it would have changed much. It is obvious in CF that having a winner for a coach is KEY. NU has always known this but strayed. It happens. Its over.

Last edited:

* Loyalty is critical to CF. Is there any doubt it has returned?

Imagine if he came in 3 years ago. Sure, he wouldn't have had the UCF buzz & seasoning, but I doubt it would have changed much. It is obvious in CF that having a winner for a coach is KEY. NU has always known this but strayed. It happens. Its over.

Thank you, you pointy ear'd hobgoblin.

The last 2 years Iowa has beat Neb 40-10 & 56-14, but now it’s a 50/50 game? I agree that Frost should have your fans optimistic, but he’s starting from scratch

But keep in mind that our last two recruiting classes were 20th and 21st be in the nation, and the two classes prior were 31st and 32nd. And this year our star average is 19th in the nation. On paper, we have the best talent in the West Division...already on campus.

Also keep in mind that Frost had mostly 2 and 3-Star talent at UCF, and actually has better talent on paper at Nebraska than he had at UCF. Given that he and his staff coached 2 and 3-star talent to a 13-0 record and a win over a much more talented Auburn squad, we should have a very strong team with the 3 and 4-star talent we already have on campus in Lincoln.

So who do you think our 2 losses will be?
Probably Ohio State and one of Wisconsin, Michigan, or Michigan State. If you look at the latter 3 teams, they have all had serious problems recently, especially on the offensive side, even though they have a good record and we should be able to take 2 out of the 3.

I think we'll play Ohio State close. Iowa may be the only other close game but we're going to start blowing teams like Northwestern and Minnesota out most years and all others should be easy wins.

We're going to get very good very fast under Frost. We have more talent on this team than UCF had this year and look at what Frost has been able to accomplish with that type of talent.

The talent gap is immense...this is no 2008 where Bo had a # of future 1st round picks on roster...NU barely has NFL picks anymore. Bo was awful at recruiting his last few years, and Riley was mediocre in his two years...that means we have a 4-5 year cycle of poor recruiting mixed with transfers. The team also has little leadership, where Bo had a number of guys who would not only play in the NFL but lead defenses in the NFL...this team has a bunch guys who play like they don't belong on a top team. And looking at recruiting and offers, they probably don't. If Frost had Suh, Prince, Compton, Niles Paul I'd say we could be in the big 10 championship in 2 years. He has a roster of players that didn't play a SINGLE decent game last year. They didn't get hot, or play well through any stretch of last season. Things never clicked. They were a 4-8 team with 4 wins over some of the worst teams in college football.
I don't think people thought we had 1st round talent on the team after the 2007 season. I expect something similar this time around. Maybe not 1st round but I could see multiple 2nd and 3rd round guys where we saw nothing there before.

It probably takes 2 years to fully change a culture, takes 3-4 to change over a roster.

We have a lot of week spots on the depth chart.
It takes loser coaches that long. When you have a coach who actually knows what he is doing and demands success, you're going to see buy-in to the culture right away. People will follow a winner, and that's exactly what Frost is.

And Frost is already turning over the roster. He's bringing in jucos guys, some of which are all but guaranteed to start right away. Guys like Honas and Bell are going to be an immediate upgrade at their respective positions. Plus we will have a new qb this year. This team is going to look a lot different from last year.

Hey, if Bob Stoops can take a 5-6 team to a National Championship two years later, I think Scott can win the conference in the same amount of time.

Reactions: husker2612
We're going to get very good very fast under Frost. We have more talent on this team than UCF had this year and look at what Frost has been able to accomplish with that type of talent.
I agree, I think it is going to happen faster than many think. I just think next year is going to be our "get it all together" year. We could have some growing pains. Maybe in 2-3 years in when it really kicks in.

Reactions: headcard
The last 2 years Iowa has beat Neb 40-10 & 56-14, but now it’s a 50/50 game? I agree that Frost should have your fans optimistic, but he’s starting from scratch
The “Iowa way” is to occasionally beat the better programs in the B1G and sometimes by a lot, see tOSU and Nebraska in 2017. Obviously Nebraska always gets Iowa's best shot, under Riley, Iowa never got Nebraska’s best shot.

* Loyalty is critical to CF. Is there any doubt it has returned?

Agree, I think teams like Wisc and Iowa have forgotten who big brother is, over the last decade or so. They have grown up a bit and knocked us down a few times. Time is coming to remind them who is bigger and stronger. The big brother beat downs will be coming very soon and frequently. Once this Frost machine gets rolling it could be years and years before either see a W against us.

Here's the response..What was the question again? Those pills they give are working..

Reactions: Sinomatic
I put over 5 years for the sole reason that I think it's going to be tough getting over the hump of the winner of the Big 10 East. There are a lot of good teams in that division and I think it may take a couple tries in the title game to win it. I also think it'll take a couple years at least to start competing with Wisconsin and Iowa for the Big 10 west crown.

Hope Frost and his staff continue to surprise me but I'll be happy with steady yearly improvement.

I personally feel that it will take him less than 5 years to get us a conference championship. I think Martinez starts from day one, we win at least 9 games this year, and next year we make a serious run at Wisconsin. After that, i think we swap with Wisconsin almost every other year winning the west. Kool aid is flowing, i know. What is your vote?

Ohio state, Wisconsin, Penn state, and Michigan says different. He gets to title game in under 5. Won't win it all in u der 5

I lived in Nebraska for a couple of years and have many friends in Omaha but I think this thread should maybe be named KOOL AID.

Well, now it should be called FOOL AID, because you have no idea how foolish your team is going to look in just a short period of time. Or maybe SCHOOL AID, because 'school time' is right around the corner. :D

Let me ask you a couple questions.

Do you remember how good Suh was before Pelini got here?

Did you watch Suh get dominated by the USC offensive line in 2007?

Let me refresh your memory

Reactions: FeelingFrosty
I think you are underestimating just how horrible our coaches were. Nebraska has better talent than Iowa. Just haven't had a coach to do anything with it. We now have a coach that has proven he can get the most of kids. Iowa is easily a 50 50 game.

Exactly. We had a pathetic HC & Beaver staff.......now we go to a very, very good HC & staff. BIG difference.

Let me ask you a couple questions.

Do you remember how good Suh was before Pelini got here?

Did you watch Suh get dominated by the USC offensive line in 2007?

Let me refresh your memory

+1

I really think Scott knows how to recruit and develop a mindset in players. He comes off highly confident, but with class. I don't think SF is going to go Full Metal Jacket on these guys, I think he'll win them over, motivate the majority of our current roster and we're going to see a ton of talent we already have pop into living color!

I also think he's going to make it known the team is what its about and putting guy B in over guy A is a team thing and not a punishment, it's motivation and looking out for guy A's own team. That should make guy A appreciate Scott more, not less.

But I don't see SF going drill instructor-my way or highway on guys, its going to probably be something like we want to go go go and so anyone who wants to win and have fun doing it bring it on because this team is going to go fast and hard and best man up for the love of the guy next to you, for the love of the team.

Reactions: davecisar
But keep in mind that our last two recruiting classes were 20th and 21st be in the nation, and the two classes prior were 31st and 32nd. And this year our star average is 19th in the nation. On paper, we have the best talent in the West Division...already on campus.

Also keep in mind that Frost had mostly 2 and 3-Star talent at UCF, and actually has better talent on paper at Nebraska than he had at UCF. Given that he and his staff coached 2 and 3-star talent to a 13-0 record and a win over a much more talented Auburn squad, we should have a very strong team with the 3 and 4-star talent we already have on campus in Lincoln.
24th and 20th to be more precise. How many defections have come from those two classes?

24th and 20th to be more precise. How many defections have come from those two classes?

Probably a similar number of defections as any other B1G team. If anything, we'll be unloading more dead weight than most other B1G teams after the coaching change. The point being is we have recruited better than any West team over the last 4 years, and will most likely have the best class in the West this year too. The talent is already on campus.

With all this talk , educated guessing, and dreaming , I'm excited in just getting a guy that can do more with less. If we can start there we probably win 7 games this year. It all starts with the lines and a trigger man for that offense. I could see us rising fast but at the same time taking 3 years to the CCG. I have no doubt we have the right guy and that we will be formidable in the future. Hawkeye fans will disappear from sight in a few years from the Omaha area.

Hey, if Bob Stoops can take a 5-6 team to a National Championship two years later, I think Scott can win the conference in the same amount of time.
Frost didn't replace John Blake and all his "recruiting connections" like Stoops did at OU. OU was loaded when Stoops took over. Blake was just a terrible coach. Stoops found a JC QB who was good enough to get it done. The key for Frost is getting the right guy taking snaps for his offense..

Yeah, a QB who can run Frost's offense as efficiently as Milton did, or as Heupel did for Stoops will go along a way in determining how long it takes to win the Big Ten. As for next season, I would be thrilled with 7-5 and being competitive in every game, similar to OU's 1999 season.

Going back in time can be fun, but mostly just funny. Hope is a great thing though. Hopefully the next guy can do what many on here has hoped from Scott.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT