ADVERTISEMENT

How long do you think it will take Frost to bring home a B1G Champ?

How long before Frost wins a Big Ten Championship?

• over 5 years

Votes: 67 29.1%
  • under 5 years

Votes: 129 56.1%
  • never

Votes: 34 14.8%

• Total voters

LPTC1

Redshirt Freshman
Sep 22, 2017
I personally feel that it will take him less than 5 years to get us a conference championship. I think Martinez starts from day one, we win at least 9 games this year, and next year we make a serious run at Wisconsin. After that, i think we swap with Wisconsin almost every other year winning the west. Kool aid is flowing, i know. What is your vote?

I think he will win the division in 2-3 years. To win the B1G, you have to be good enough to win it all. I think he will have us in that discussion regularly from year 3 on, but who knows when he will actually win it. I voted under 5 years, as I think he will have us playing at that level, but I it could also be a decade of very good teams and near misses. Winning big is tough.

I personally feel that it will take him less than 5 years to get us a conference championship. I think Martinez starts from day one, we win at least 9 games this year, and next year we make a serious run at Wisconsin. After that, i think we swap with Wisconsin almost every other year winning the west. Kool aid is flowing, i know. What is your vote?

Win the BIG once a decade. We won’t have the talent to compete with OSU, PSU, Mich., but if we get “that team” with a TA or T-Tragic that gels then who knows. It feels like we’re going the BO route with juco’s to get back to 9 wins. It’s hard to gel when kids are only here 2 or 3 years then gone. The blue chippers aren’t going to come, I get it, but Relying on Juco’s isn’t viable.

Reactions: rcorchid
Most of Wisconsin's offense starters have two more years left. Thus, I don't expect Nebraska to wrestle the B1G West away from us before 2019.

Reactions: jeans15
My expectations are more complicated than how fast can we win a Big 10 Championship. I am expecting Nebraska to compete every year for a Big 10 title, like Wisconsin does and I don't feel that is unreasonable. This my friends could start next year!

Win the BIG once a decade. We won’t have the talent to compete with OSU, PSU, Mich., but if we get “that team” with a TA or T-Tragic that gels then who knows. It feels like we’re going the BO route with juco’s to get back to 9 wins. It’s hard to gel when kids are only here 2 or 3 years then gone. The blue chippers aren’t going to come, I get it, but Relying on Juco’s isn’t viable.
While I don’t think JUCO recruiting will disappear, I think we will see quite a bit less once he has the roster balanced the way he wants it to be in a couple years time.

Talent is on the upsurge along with overall coaching in the B1G. Frost has a lot of housework cleaning to do, implement new systems and recruit talent he wants/needs and instill the new culture. I would be surprised if it is less than five years or right at it.

I think Frost and this staff can recruit with the big programs. When you look at Ohio State’s class this year they only have 4 recruits from the state of Ohio. Michigan, Penn State, and Ohio State all have crappy, cold weather. Nebraska’s tradition along with Frost being a coach that players love and want to play for will go a long way! And the system that he runs is dynamic and a lot of fun to play in. Frost will have a top 10-15 class year in and year out! Some of those will be Top 5!

As crazy as it sounds, I could see a West Division title this year with what we have, and yes we do have talent on this team. Too bad we had such a poor coaching staff that was so bad, it made it look as though we had no talent whatsoever. That previous staff was horrendous!

Frost will have us competing every year...even 2018. He already said we have good talent. Installing his system will go well with our group and his schemes the Big Ten slow boys won't be able to handle.

I laugh at the never votes...

Pelini couldn't/wouldn't recruit very well and he got 9/10 win seasons at Nebraska, going to the CCG second year in the B1G...you dudes think Frost can't do that? His UCF team had lower ranked classes than Nebraska and they beat Auburn and it wasn't even as close as the final score looked.

When has Frost not found, landed, and developed a great QB? I'm not saying Nebraska is gonna run through the B1G like sht through a goose, but I really think Nebraska is about to see some very very very good times. I hope the rest of the coaching staffs think like you guys at never lol

Pelini got to the CCG in year two....Pelini...let that sink in compared to what Frost has done.

I agree with under 5 years. My guess is 3-4. What I don't agree with is the 9 wins this year. I am not saying it can't happen, just that it is very unrealistic. If you take a peak at our schedule , it is not friendly. Combine that with all new coaches, new QB as well as probably new starters in other areas. I think if we can get 6 wins this year would be considered a successful first year.

Akron (should be a Win)
Colorado (should be a Win)
Troy (should be a win
These are the only 3 I see as pretty will automatic Colorado is even iffy.
@Michigan I give this one about a 10% chance we could win. So this goes in the Loss column
Purdue This I would say is a 50/50 game
@ Wisconsin This isn't much better than Mich 10-20% we win. So this goes as a Loss
@NW This is a 50/50 game
Minn Another 50/50 game
@Ohio St No shot we win this one automatic Loss at this point
Mich St They are so up and down hard to know how they will be. I give slight edge to Mich St. 20-30% we win this one, still putting it in the Loss column
@Iowa 50/50 game.

So, Lets say we win the first 3 games. 3-0. Lets say we win half of the 50/50 games. 5-3. Now of the the remaining 4 games that are slim chance to win 3 of the 4 are away games. Lets say we somehow get 1 of those. 6-6. I just don't see where the other 3 wins come from, realistically.
To get to 9 wins we would have to win the first 3, win all the 50/50 games and win 2 of the 4 "tough" games.

I agree with under 5 years. My guess is 3-4. What I don't agree with is the 9 wins this year. I am not saying it can't happen, just that it is very unrealistic. If you take a peak at our schedule , it is not friendly. Combine that with all new coaches, new QB as well as probably new starters in other areas. I think if we can get 6 wins this year would be considered a successful first year.

Akron (should be a Win)
Troy (should be a win
@Michigan I give this one about a 10% chance we could win. So this goes in the Loss column
@ Wisconsin This isn't much better than Mich 10-20% we win. So this goes as a Loss
@NW This is a 50/50 game
Minn Another 50/50 game
Mich St They are so up and down hard to know how they will be. I give slight edge to Mich St. 20-30% we win this one, still putting it in the Loss column
@Iowa 50/50 game.

So, Lets say we win the first 3 games. 3-0. Lets say we win half of the 50/50 games. 5-3. Now of the the remaining 4 games that are slim chance to win 3 of the 4 are away games. Lets say we somehow get 1 of those. 6-6. I just don't see where the other 3 wins come from, realistically.
To get to 9 wins we would have to win the first 3, win all the 50/50 games and win 2 of the 4 "tough" games.

I say because SF is on a 13 game winning streak, he will continue it for another 11 during the regular season next year. Why not?

Reactions: Gary from Wisconsin
I said five years for riley. Ill say it for frost.
But under five i doubt.
The BIG is good. Winning 11 games and losing the title is a possibility.

I put within 5 years because I think that he will be able to get Nebraska back to having the most physical offense and defensive lines that he has to have for his system to run effectively within the five-year period. My honest reaction is the 19 or 20 season will be when Nebraska gets to the conference title game and 20 or 21 they will win it.

Akron (should be a Win)
Troy (should be a win
@NW This is a 50/50 game
Minn Another 50/50 game
@Iowa 50/50 game.

Your percentages are all way too low. I could see 9-3 or 10-2 being most likely, especially with the way Frost has been going after jucos and transfers to fill in the gaps. I think the talent's already there or Frost is well on his way to bringing it here. The hardest part is no longer finding the right players and talent he needs. It's going to be actually implementing his system and getting it running smoothly which I think will lead to a loss or 2 more than we should have.

3 1/2 weeks, if not sooner..

In all honesty, we'll be the representative of the West in the '19 season.

Reactions: prag_grenade
I say 6 years. Someone tell coachdubs to mark his outlook calendar so he can come back and see if i was right in 6 yrs.

Your percentages are all way too low. I could see 9-3 or 10-2 being most likely, especially with the way Frost has been going after jucos and transfers to fill in the gaps. I think the talent's already there or Frost is well on his way to bringing it here. The hardest part is no longer finding the right players and talent he needs. It's going to be actually implementing his system and getting it running smoothly which I think will lead to a loss or 2 more than we should have.
So who do you think our 2 losses will be?

Last edited:
I say 6 years. Someone tell coachdubs to mark his outlook calendar so he can come back and see if i was right in 6 yrs.
It will be before that or not at all. I read a statistic somewhere that said if a coach has not at least won a Conf championship by year 5 they almost never do

Last edited:
Reactions: Sinomatic

Akron (should be a Win)
Troy (should be a win
@NW This is a 50/50 game
Minn Another 50/50 game
@Iowa 50/50 game.

I would say we will be favored at home against both Purdue and Minn and will be 50/50 against MSU. I think we will also be 50/50 at NW. They had a nice season, but we gave the game away against them this year and have won the last three at their place. On the flip side, that early season game against Colorado with a new staff, could be dicey. I agree that improving throughout the season and getting to a bowl game could be a successful year one. Have to start somewhere.

While I don’t think JUCO recruiting will disappear, I think we will see quite a bit less once he has the roster balanced the way he wants it to be in a couple years time.
wpid-6072c3f98f422cbfe116f89220478223.jpg

Akron (should be a Win)
Troy (should be a win
@NW This is a 50/50 game
Minn Another 50/50 game
@Iowa 50/50 game.

So, Lets say we win the first 3 games. 3-0. Lets say we win half of the 50/50 games. 5-3. Now of the the remaining 4 gam
es that are slim chance to win 3 of the 4 are away games. Lets say we somehow get 1 of those. 6-6. I just don't see where the other 3 wins come from, realistically.
Take off the nice Riley glasses and put on the Frosty one's, you'll see clearly that 6 and 6 looks more like 9 and 3

Akron (should be a Win)
Troy (should be a win
@NW This is a 50/50 game
Minn Another 50/50 game
@Iowa 50/50 game.

Michigan is better than 10% chance of a win but below 50%
Purdue - we should win at home
NW is not that talented IMHO - we should have won this year. Under Frost 60% we win
Minn another 60% or better game - they are not that good.
6-6 is the very low end. 7-5 seems reasonable. 8-4 or better - Frost has a magic coaching wand.

Akron (should be a Win)
Troy (should be a win
@NW This is a 50/50 game
Minn Another 50/50 game
@Iowa 50/50 game.

The last 2 years Iowa has beat Neb 40-10 & 56-14, but now it’s a 50/50 game? I agree that Frost should have your fans optimistic, but he’s starting from scratch

Reactions: St_Henry_Buckeye
A lot of teams on the rise in the BIG. And a strong east division. Over 5 for winning the conference ship. I’ll take the under for getting there though

The talent gap is immense...this is no 2008 where Bo had a # of future 1st round picks on roster...NU barely has NFL picks anymore. Bo was awful at recruiting his last few years, and Riley was mediocre in his two years...that means we have a 4-5 year cycle of poor recruiting mixed with transfers. The team also has little leadership, where Bo had a number of guys who would not only play in the NFL but lead defenses in the NFL...this team has a bunch guys who play like they don't belong on a top team. And looking at recruiting and offers, they probably don't. If Frost had Suh, Prince, Compton, Niles Paul I'd say we could be in the big 10 championship in 2 years. He has a roster of players that didn't play a SINGLE decent game last year. They didn't get hot, or play well through any stretch of last season. Things never clicked. They were a 4-8 team with 4 wins over some of the worst teams in college football.

The last 2 years Iowa has beat Neb 40-10 & 56-14, but now it’s a 50/50 game? I agree that Frost should have your fans optimistic, but he’s starting from scratch
I think you are underestimating just how horrible our coaches were. Nebraska has better talent than Iowa. Just haven't had a coach to do anything with it. We now have a coach that has proven he can get the most of kids. Iowa is easily a 50 50 game.

Last edited:
It probably takes 2 years to fully change a culture, takes 3-4 to change over a roster.

We have a lot of week spots on the depth chart.
I don't think it will take as long to change the culture as many think. Riley basically did it in 2 years. Riley had to go from a player mentality of "we hate everyone and everything and changed it to we love everyone and everything, hugs not tackles. Frost needs to get somewhere in that middle ground. I am guess Frost will have much less tolerance for not buying in.
As far as the roster, I think people underestimate just how bad our coaches were. I think this team has talent that just wasn't coached up to full potential. Plus with all the JUCO guys Frost is going after. These guys have 2 years experience already. I am going to go with 1 year for culture change and 1-3 for roster change. 2-4 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT