ADVERTISEMENT

How is Bill Moose doing as Athletic Director

How is Bill Moose doing as Athetic Director?

• Great

Votes: 196 79.4%
  • Good

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • All right

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Poor

Votes: 7 2.8%
  • Need more time to evaluate

Votes: 14 5.7%

• Total voters
He's only had one task so far (hiring a football coach) and he knocked it out of the park.

For as much crap as I have given Eichorst, it looks like Sean made the right decisions with our bball programs last year. Retaining Miles and hiring Williams were both decisions I had major doubts about. Moos is probably relieved that he won't have to buy out any more coaches this year.

Reactions: dinglefritz
He had a good football hire by most accounts. His refusal to extend Miles' contract yet is a head-scratcher. This has to be killing recruiting and putting more unnecessary pressure on the team.

He had a good football hire by most accounts. His refusal to extend Miles' contract yet is a head-scratcher. This has to be killing recruiting and putting more unnecessary pressure on the team.

What's Miles' current contract run through? 2021?

I would say better than Shawn Eichorst. Winking

Say what?!? :eek:

Like the OP said, Eichorst got us Williams and didn't fire Miles when a high percentage of the fans wanted him to!

Eichorst is the reason for our basketball success this year! He had a plan and just didn't get a chance to follow through with it!Winking

Miles has not earned an extension yet, Moose is doing the right thing. 2 good seasons in 6 years. Tim's over all record @ NU is still below .500 and his conference record is waaayyy below .500. Huskers have one NCAA appearance under him in his first 5 years and they went one and done. Also, 2 months ago, most people wanted him fired after barely beating LBSU at home. Remember this team was 7-5 at one point. No one was thinking "contract extension" or "dance" then. Most were thinking why the hell did SE give him such a long extension, we need to fire this guy!!!

Let's have him prove he can actually consistently win and that his 2 best seasons @ NU were not due to a down year for the B1G conference. Having said all that, I really like Tim Miles. He is trending in the right direction. But his contract extension should be a result of him winning and being a good coach & not fear of recruiting. Besides, we see Tim does his best recruiting via transfers anyways. Next years team should be even better, so all goes well, he will get his contract extension. However, we all thought the 2014-2015 season was going to be amazing too...

Really hoping he's got something going here but lets not name coach Miles the next coming of John Wooden just yet. Winking

If you look at the success of men's and women's gymnastics, wrestling, tennis, soccer, M&W BB, Track, V-Ball, bowling, rifle, etc. . ., you have to give credit to Eichorst for setting the stage. Eichorst got a tennis complex, wrestling, and soccer facility which has helped these sports. Moos shouldn't be receiving the credit for these sports. For football is it just Moos? What about the chancellor and president? I will give Moos credit for being calm and understanding during the hiring process of Frost. That is probably one of the major reasons Frost came.

Miles has not earned an extension yet, Moose is doing the right thing. 2 good seasons in 6 years. Tim's over all record @ NU is still below .500 and his conference record is waaayyy below .500. Huskers have one NCAA appearance under him in his first 5 years and they went one and done. Also, 2 months ago, most people wanted him fired after barely beating LBSU at home. Remember this team was 7-5 at one point. No one was thinking "contract extension" or "dance" then. Most were thinking why the hell did SE give him such a long extension, we need to fire this guy!!!

Let's have him prove he can actually consistently win and that his 2 best seasons @ NU were not due to a down year for the B1G conference. Having said all that, I really like Tim Miles. He is trending in the right direction. But his contract extension should be a result of him winning and being a good coach & not fear of recruiting. Besides, we see Tim does his best recruiting via transfers anyways. Next years team should be even better, so all goes well, he will get his contract extension. However, we all thought the 2014-2015 season was going to be amazing too...

Really hoping he's got something going here but lets not name coach Miles the next coming of John Wooden just yet. Winking
I didn't think performance had anything to do with it. Not extending him causes bad performance, that was the problem last year. Everyone drank that down like a magic elixir.

I didn't think performance had anything to do with it. Not extending him causes bad performance, that was the problem last year. Everyone drank that down like a magic elixir.
I am going to have to agree to disagree with you on this one. I’m the type of person who, if I’m not getting my job done and I don’t have job security, I’m going to work my butt off to make sure I get my job done and have job security. The failure is on me, not my boss and definitely wouldn’t drag ass because he’s not going to secure my position after bad production. I don’t expect a reward for failure. I earn my keep. I don’t expect to be awarded before I put out a good product. That’s just me

I am going to have to agree to disagree with you on this one. I’m the type of person who, if I’m not getting my job done and I don’t have job security, I’m going to work my butt off to make sure I get my job done and have job security. The failure is on me, not my boss and definitely wouldn’t drag ass because he’s not going to secure my position after bad production. I don’t expect a reward for failure. I earn my keep. I don’t expect to be awarded before I put out a good product. That’s just me
This is refreshing. I wonder why I didn't see this on here a year ago?

he's making fun of Lee Barflekt who tried blaming Miles poor season last year on Eichorst not extending the contract.

Kinda like how people blamed the poor showing in the football field on the fact that we fired a terrible Eichorst. Both of these takes are absolutely stupid.

This is refreshing. I wonder why I didn't see this on here a year ago?
Huh? You lost me on this one. I guess maybe your being sarcastic, which is sometimes hard to read. But oh well. I 100% stand by what I stated. I won't have to change my screen name because of it.

Miles has had some sub-par moments, but overall the job he's doing this year is impressive. And you have to acct for what Nebraska has been as a basketball program.

Look at this article:
https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/nebraska-recruiting-cam-taylor-official-visit-missouri-auburn

Parents blown away with the talk they had face to face with Moos.
No other AD talked to them face to face or over the phone
This put us over the top with this Recruit

Moos KNOWS football
Moos PLAYED college football
Moos LOVES football
Moos is a competitor and is doing EVERYTHING humanly possible to help Scott Frost be successful

Really a fan of this guy

Say what?!? :eek:

Like the OP said, Eichorst got us Williams and didn't fire Miles when a high percentage of the fans wanted him to!

Eichorst is the reason for our basketball success this year! He had a plan and just didn't get a chance to follow through with it!Winking
I'm not so sure Eichorst thought he could fire another of Tom's hires otherwise I think he may have canned Miles. It's the only explanation for why he waited so long to say he was bringing him back. I said it when Tom was involved with the football search. Firing Eichorst probably saved Miles's job for another year. Now it appears he may keep it on the merit of the season.

Last edited:
Reactions: TwinsRRUs
Look at this article:
https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/nebraska-recruiting-cam-taylor-official-visit-missouri-auburn

Moos KNOWS football
Moos LOVES football
Moos is a competitor and is doing EVERYTHING humanly possible to help Scott Frost be successful
Frost.

Really a fan of this guy

Eichorst was the same, except he hired a loser coach named Riley. Moos fell into Frost.

A+ in my book. nice guy, goes out in public, not afraid to tell it like it is, very personable fella, knows what the hell he is doing. getting things put in place for us to be competitive again, people not afraid to talk that work for him, what more do you want from him. have heard nothing but good things.

Look at this article:

Moos KNOWS football
Moos LOVES football

Really a fan of this guy

THIS^

Look at this article:

Moos KNOWS football
Moos LOVES football

Really a fan of this guy

Moos also helped us land Andre Hunt. He's becoming quite the recruiter for us.

Hunt was asked if there was a moment that stood out to him during the visit.

“Wow, there was a bunch,” Hunt told Land of 10. “If it had to be only one I would probably say the time we got to spend with [athletic director Bill] Moos. He’s fantastic! You can feel the passion for the program that he has. Just like coach [Scott] Frost.

https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/n...t-cam-taylor-auburn-matthew-tago-oregon-state

His performance will be graded on how the football team does. Nothing else will matter.

Hate to derail the thread but, Swiss, you make those biscuits in your profile pic from scratch?

Moos is doing fantastic! This is a football state. Nebraska is a football school. Moos is a football guy. I hope he stays awhile.

Lots of variety of beef raised in this state if he wants to ranch again. This could be an excellent match Moos and Nebraska U.

Saw his statement yesterday supporting the Men's and Women's basketball teams in their stance on the recent events on campus with the white supremacist.

Of course one bozo used that opportunity to respond and threw in his disappointment about not being able to get spring game tickets so I know there are some morons out there that don't think he's doing all that great. Eek

Time and place for everything Husker fans.....that wasn't the platform to bitch about not being able to get a ticket to watch a glorified practice.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
Saw his statement yesterday supporting the Men's and Women's basketball teams in their stance on the recent events on campus with the white supremacist.

Of course one bozo used that opportunity to respond and threw in his disappointment about not being able to get spring game tickets so I know there are some morons out there that don't think he's doing all that great. Eek

Time and place for everything Husker fans.....that wasn't the platform to bitch about not being able to get a ticket to watch a glorified practice.

Or you could look at it like a distraction from that guy recruiting impressionable young people into his scheme...not saying that was intended but maybe it will help derail any attention that dude may get.

Some of you seem to think that Frost coming here was a done deal whether Moos was here or not. I think Frost's comments have made it clear that he wouldn't be here right now if the leadership wasn't fixed.

Moos had to sell TO on himself being the kind of AD that he could recommend to Frost and then he had to sell himself to Frost. Like Frost said, he knew what Nebraska had to offer in regards to tradition, fan support, facilities, etc. The wildcard was Moos (as well as Green and Bounds to a lesser extent).

Moos was able to convince TO and Frost that he's a guy they can trust and work with. Although it's still early, from all appearances he is going to be an AD that gives the keys to the program to Frost and lets him drive it. As we've seen from Petersen and then Eichorst, big egos and micromanagement from that position is not conducive to a highly successful program.

Still is handcuffing Miles and making it impossible to do his job, by not extending him during this season. I can't believe someone with so much experience as an AD would do something so horrible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT