ADVERTISEMENT

How good were the top 10 rated recruits in each class 2019-2022

itseasyas1-2-3

Recruiting Coordinator
Sep 6, 2021
The Top Ten rated recruits by NU in 2019 and succeeding years according to their * ratings.

Wan'Dale, Henrichs, Pola-Gates, Benhart, Robinson, McCaffery, J. Green, Chase, Houston, Nance.

Corcoran, Betts, K. Greene, Fleming, Gray, O. Manning, Joseph, Francois, Smothers, S. Morrison.

Fidone, Ho'ouli, Prochazka, Kpai, Lutovsky, Carnie, Buckley, Haarberg, Gbayor, Neville.

Gould, Bonner, Crawford, AJ Allen, Martin, A. Grant, Hausmann, V. Jones, J. Morton, Appleget.

The Top Ten rated recruits by NU in 2019 and succeeding years according to their * ratings.

Wan'Dale, Henrichs, Pola-Gates, Benhart, Robinson, McCaffery, J. Green, Chase, Houston, Nance.

Corcoran, Betts, K. Greene, Fleming, Gray, O. Manning, Joseph, Francois, Smothers, S. Morrison.

Fidone, Ho'ouli, Prochazka, Kpai, Lutovsky, Carnie, Buckley, Haarberg, Gbayor, Neville.

Gould, Bonner, Crawford, AJ Allen, Martin, A. Grant, Hausmann, V. Jones, J. Morton, Appleget.
A whole lot of busts.

You should probably ask @TruHusker , he’s been whining like a little bitch about the new commit.

Depending on how you define “quality” (above what any less than average player could do), one could argue we’ve only gotten quality production out of a few of those players.

One could argue almost zero “above average” play sustained over multiple years, with maybe Wandale as the lone exceptiom.

The success rate is horrendous.

Reactions: huntered
Depending on how you define “quality” (above what any less than average player could do), one could argue we’ve only gotten quality production out of a few of those players.

One could argue almost zero “above average” play sustained over multiple years, with maybe Wandale as the lone exceptiom.

The success rate is horrendous.
I would say of the 7, the only real standout among the starters is Grant, and of course, he went into the shitter late.

I would say of the 7, the only real standout among the starters is Grant, and of course, he went into the shitter late.
Agreed. He was good, but also not sure I’d call him “great.”. Hard to judge him when he had zero OL help and his peers on other conference teams had functional lines.

He’s still most definitely a bright spot.

Agreed. He was good, but also not sure I’d call him “great.”. Hard to judge him when he had zero OL help and his peers on other conference teams had functional lines.

He’s still most definitely a bright spot.
Actually, I said he was a "standout". I think he got really frustrated and went away from the running style which had worked well the first part of the season. That's when, imo, he went into the shitter by trying to do too much.

I guess, if Allen stays healthy, they are both pretty solid backs. Grant was put in a spot to do too much without Allen.

Regardless, the number of busts in those classes is too much. Especially when you look at the production that Wandale and McCaffery put up elsewhere.
Totally agree.

This list is why NU has only won a third of its games over the past couple of years.
I have multiple questions. Did we get recruits who were not as good as their star ranking. We're they actually good recruits but our staff didn't know how to coach them up? Did we recruit good athletes but they didn't fit our system (Not even sure anybody knows the system we've been running)?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT