ADVERTISEMENT

How good is Indiana State??

Cornhusker_fan99

All-American
Gold Member
May 26, 2006
Their record is 8-7 on the year.. I see they took one game from Vanderbilt, got swept by Ga Tech, and have won 5 of their last 6 games. Really need to win these two mid week games with CSF and Texas coming to town next week. GBR!

Well, there is nothing scary about them. They're on a four game win streak and they always seem to figure in the Mo Valley conference race but it's the Mo Valley and they are Indiana St. Average, average.

No one's season ever hinges on a two game mid week series but good teams have to win these for confidence purposes and to avoid looking back asking, "What if?" If we can't blow past Indiana St then we'll just have to grind out the wins. Mustn't lose here.

Originally posted by k9_r:
Well, there is nothing scary about them. They're on a four game win streak and they always seem to figure in the Mo Valley conference race but it's the Mo Valley and they are Indiana St. Average, average.

No one's season ever hinges on a two game mid week series but good teams have to win these for confidence purposes and to avoid looking back asking, "What if?" If we can't blow past Indiana St then we'll just have to grind out the wins. Mustn't lose here.
what-he-said.gif

Originally posted by Roscoe 12oz:
Below average team, we should sweep.
I agree we should sweep but they are not a below average team. My son played HS baseball with a few of these players and summer ball with a number of others on this team. They will be a decent offensive team, but in no way should have the pitching depth to compete with us in a midweek series.
This post was edited on 3/17 8:49 AM by bigredrl

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT