ADVERTISEMENT

How far have we come since this..

bearcats7734

Nov 23, 2020
I went back and watched the 2006 Big 12 championship yesterday because I was trying to remember some better times in the past 15 years but then i stumbled upon this gem. I was 13 when i went to this game, and unfortunately was one of my first Memorial Stadium memory.

Reactions: CatColumbia
There's somebody that used to have the sig "A win is a win, unless it's a last second win vs Ball St."

This was the point of no return for Callahan. Not because of how close the game was, but because of how nonchalant he was afterwards. At that point it was obvious that he didn't really care about anything other than his paycheck.

One of those moments that you knew something was very, very wrong. You might say that was the beginning of the era of playing down to any opponent.

NU won't rise up and punch above it's weight to play on the level with the big dogs, but they'll slouch down for anybody. They want nothing more than an easy, lackadaisical Saturday.

I think this is the only game since the early 90s I haven't seen. Was out of town and periodically listened on KFABs website.

Somehow the 2007 team seems better coached

That's because it was. Callahan was the antithesis of what Frost has been thus far. Which is ironic considering the letter Frost penned. He should go back and read that letter to himself.

Somehow the 2007 team seems better coached
No. Just no.

Almost everything about the Callahan years was embarrassing. I get the idea of time healing all wounds but if we are to the point of thinking Callahan wasn't that bad, this program is done.

I think Whitlock went to Ball State, and I was so glad we pulled that out for fear of having to listen to that guy if we had lost

ADVERTISEMENT