ADVERTISEMENT

How did this not get talked about yesterday? Frost planning to still use CTB for punt returns...

regionsdoc

Senior
Feb 4, 2004
"I trust him. We've got to continue to put him out there." -Frost on CTB at punt returner. Said Taylor-Britt is NU's best chance to make a play on punt returns"

I wish I was more tech savvy so I could post a giant face-palm. Does Frost have any critical thinking skills (or just plain common sense)? How can we expect the players to cut out elementary mistakes when the head coach can't fix an obvious problem that keeps kicking him in the solar plexus?

"I trust him. We've got to continue to put him out there." -Frost on CTB at punt returner. Said Taylor-Britt is NU's best chance to make a play on punt returns"

I wish I was more tech savvy so I could post a giant face-palm. Does Frost have any critical thinking skills (or just plain common sense)? How can we expect the players to cut out elementary mistakes when the head coach can't fix an obvious problem that keeps kicking him in the solar plexus?
Prolly run one back tomorrow just for you

Reactions: huntered

No, I don't think he does.

Reactions: Baxter48
ctb, will be given some medicine before the game to calm his nerves and reduce dirt dumb mistakes.

Reactions: bshirt73
Frost is very much a “ride or die” kind of guy.
I respect the loyalty until it puts the individual ahead of the program.

This also feels like an indictment on the rest of the roster if no one can be relied on to commit less errors.
I mean how bad are the others?
I may prefer selling out for the blocks and leaving no one back there.

3 turnovers in a dozen or less attempts?
That’s ridiculous to profess that as “he’s our best option.”

Last edited:
Frost is “I trust Jason Ankrah absolutely” if he put him at QB. Hell, Garrett Nelson is somehow playing and that should say enough

Not surprised in the least. We are on year 4 of starting a QB who

A) can't deliver a football accurately down the field or
B) get into a second or third read once the first option is unavailable

Both of the above severely limit the offense, making it look every week like it's the first week we are installing a new system -- instead of resembling the "completed product" offense run at UCF.

Given that issue still remains -- instead of addressing it any time over the last 3 years via the portal -- no, it's no surprise that we will continue to trot out a player who demonstrates he's not capable of taking care of the basics at punt returner.

Sadly, that attribute is going to be the reason he gets canned here. Offensive and special teams here are two of the worst units in college football, and the glaring issues there go unaddressed week after week, year after year.

Not surprised in the least. We are on year 4 of starting a QB who

B) get into a second or third read once the first option is unavailable
I have seen him do this plenty this season. The problem is by the time he gets to his 3rd and check down, he has a defender in his face.

pressure makes it look like he isn’t getting through reads. It’s because he also has to worry for his life most plays. Until we have an a over average line, most qbs won’t look good

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT