ADVERTISEMENT

How dangerous is Minneapolis now? The Univ of Minnesota

---Do you have a link showing people are flocking to New York, Washington and Oregon?---

It's from your own video. Did you not watch it? 6 of the 10 states mentioned in the video where Californians are heading to were won by Hillary Clinton in 2016. On top of that, Trump is in danger of losing 2 of the other 4 mentioned on the video.

Watch your video next time, eh?
What’s amusing to me is you’re quoting all kinds of ‘facts’ with no links, and yet you are asking for links proving points being made by people you don’t agree with.

Do you see the irony?

The change in Population that might be occurring right now will be interesting.

What is causing it?

Political unrest, the pandemic showing the ability to work from anywhere for certain jobs, the pandemic showing people they want more space, and I am sure there are other reasons.

I think the biggest factor will be jobs...if someone has to work in downtown Chicago, they aren't going to want to live 2 hours away in Sycamore, IL...but will find a place with a reasonable commute....but if they only have to be at the office 1 or 2 days a week, then a longer commute is more tolerable. Finding reasonably priced homes with outdoor space is usually easier the further you get away from a downtown area.

What’s amusing to me is you’re quoting all kinds of ‘facts’ with no links, and yet you are asking for links proving points being made by people you don’t agree with.

Do you see the irony?
Joel posted a video about the top 10 states that Californians are flocking to, and claiming that they were bailing to red states. The 10 states in the video are Idaho, Virginia, NY, Washington, Oregon, Colorado, Texas, Arizona, Florida, and Nevada. Joel seems to think that those are red states, despite Hillary Clinton winning 6 of them, Trump being in danger of losing 2 others, and one that is becoming more purple by the day.

My proof is the video he posted, which he apparently didn't watch, and electoral map from 2016, which he also posted.

Last edited:
Willing to bet he lives in a mostly white suburb. Ask him when he's planning on moving in with a bunch of Somali immigrants.
He does live in the suburbs - Burnsville ... I kid you not, his next door neighbors are Somalians. Sorry, But they like their Somalian neighbors. They helped him build an elaborate stone patio/retaining wall. They have shared meals, he invited them to his church. See those noN white guys aren’t ruining the suburbs or bringing down his prop values. Only Trumplicans or simpletons buy that garbage.

He does live in the suburbs - Burnsville ... I kid you not, his next door neighbors are Somalians. Sorry, But they like their Somalian neighbors. They helped him build an elaborate stone patio/retaining wall. They have shared meals, he invited them to his church. See those noN white guys aren’t ruining the suburbs or bringing down his prop values. Only Trumplicans or simpletons buy that garbage.
Living in Burnsville is worlds apart from living in the Phillips neighborhood of Minneapolis. If GBRforlife1 didn’t have the Somali crack in there, you’re response would have been quite different. Burnsville is as far away from Minneapolis as you can get and still be called a suburb.

Step outside your CNN echo-chamber friend.

I have been to Burnsville. It's very white. Most people in the Minneapolis area don't view the influx of Somalis as a positive.

Sorry if that interferes with your diversity initiative.

Last edited:
That is scary as hell. After the Dims destroyed California, New York, etc.....they're fully ready to destroy the next place they go to.

It's already happening - look at Colorado, Arizona and other Western States. Colorado in particular was at one time a reliably red State, but too many Cali transplants have turned it pretty much blue.

Reactions: bshirt73
It's already happening - look at Colorado, Arizona and other Western States. Colorado in particular was at one time a reliably red State, but too many Cali transplants have turned it pretty much blue.

Yep. I feel really sorry for Texas especially. All those endless California welfare recipients (99.99% Dims) are now flooding Texas. God help Texas.....

Reactions: GammaxuvirHusker
Yep. I feel really sorry for Texas especially. All those endless California welfare recipients (99.99% Dims) are now flooding Texas. God help Texas.....

God help Texas and the nation. If Texas turns purple (which seems likely, considering how close a complete moron like Robert "Beto" O'Rourke came to beating Ted Cruz), the road for a R winning the White House all but disappears.

Reactions: bshirt73
I have been to Burnsville. It's very white. Most people in the Minneapolis area don't view the influx of Somalis as a positive.

What's interesting is that BLACK Somali immigrants who mostly came to this country with NOTHING are able to succeed to the point that they can move to the suburbs to escape the welfare neighborhoods of inner Minneapolis...... How can that be?

What's interesting is that BLACK Somali immigrants who mostly came to this country with NOTHING are able to succeed to the point that they can move to the suburbs to escape the welfare neighborhoods of inner Minneapolis...... How can that be?
It's not because there is opportunity in this country. No. It's only because democrats give them handouts.

So you're one of those guys that punts when presented with facts. Got it.

I didn't dispute that their murders were up. All I did was point out that if they go up even 100% this year from 2019, that number is still between 1/4 and 1/3 the number of murders that occurred in 1990.
So you want to discuss how percentages based on small numbers can be misleading?a

---Do you have a link showing people are flocking to New York, Washington and Oregon?---

It's from your own video. Did you not watch it? 6 of the 10 states mentioned in the video where Californians are heading to were won by Hillary Clinton in 2016. On top of that, Trump is in danger of losing 2 of the other 4 mentioned on the video.

Watch your video next time, eh?
People are leaving those states. Especially NY.

Why do you hate facts?

People are leaving those states. Especially NY.

Why do you hate facts?
People are leaving "those states", like Colorado (pop. growth from 2010-2019 estimated to be 15%)? Nevada (growth 14.1%)?

You don't even know what the video was about, or the point either of us were making.

Helpful Hint--When you jump in the middle of a discussion without actually knowing what it is about, you'll often come off looking stupid, like you are right now.

Living in Burnsville is worlds apart from living in the Phillips neighborhood of Minneapolis. If GBRforlife1 didn’t have the Somali crack in there, you’re response would have been quite different. Burnsville is as far away from Minneapolis as you can get and still be called a suburb.
fully aware of geography of the twin-cities metro area. I'm not sure a response would have been, but since his neighbors are somalian, it was pretty natural to use as a response that 100% true and contrary to the quasi-racist trope presented by the other guy

Step outside your CNN echo-chamber friend.

I have no idea what you are getting at, but it looks like you respond to racist dog-whistle and stereotypes.

WTF - I have no initiative. I responded to a post. Following this thread, whoever you are, you seem like a pretty undesirable. miserable race-baiting person. Thank gooodness for the ignore button. Peace

WTF - I have no initiative. I responded to a post. Following this thread, whoever you are, you seem like a pretty undesirable. miserable race-baiting person. Thank gooodness for the ignore button. Peace

mug,standard,x400,center-bg,ffffff.u1.jpg

Wow you must have done the same drugs as NikkiSixx to draw your conspiracy theory conclusions.

Military article says military grade equipment increased back in the 60s. Still not sure what any of this has to do with cops shooting criminals that are attacking them with weapons.
When criminals open fire on police, they are probably going to get return fire. At least they should.

it's scary watching libs leave the hell holes they make, to make other places the same
A LOT of the people fleeing the blue cities are actually conservatives tired of the chaos, taxation and crime. I have a B-In-law who says he's going to leave California soon and he's somewhere to the right of Rush Limbaugh. A realtor friend of mine in the Blackhills of South Dakota says that houses are selling like hotcakes to people from New York, New Jersey etc. and most of them seem to be Republican.

A LOT of the people fleeing the blue cities are actually conservatives tired of the chaos, taxation and crime. I have a B-In-law who says he's going to leave California soon and he's somewhere to the right of Rush Limbaugh. A realtor friend of mine in the Blackhills of South Dakota says that houses are selling like hotcakes to people from New York, New Jersey etc. and most of them seem to be Republican.
Interesting... I was wondering the same thing. Those who are leaving are more likely to be what you have described, in my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT