ADVERTISEMENT

How competitive is Nebraska at NIL funding?

In the B1G? I would guess we are probably 3rd or 4th behind Ohio State, Penn State, and Michigan. Michigan State, Rutgers, and Maryland have bigger pockets to reach into. I'm not sure if they have yet though.

Iowa, Illinois, Northwestern, Wisconsin, Indiana, Purdue, Minnesota aren't on that level and I'm not sure if they can get there.

I don’t think we have as much as people would hope. Even if we did have 5-10 million to start I can’t see that being available every year.

Nobody on here would know
Even if they say they do
agree

I think it's possible to track & quantify the NIL collective stuff (Pipeline Products, etc.), but since any Tom, Dick or Harry with some cash and a front can cut a check, it's impossible to know the full breadth of our NIL resources, however scant or bountiful they may be

no way of knowing

perhaps the the amount can be partially inferred from

the size of your alumni and fan base
the wealth of your alumni and fan base
the business wealth in the state
the generosity of the above (perhaps the schools endowment is a crude measure of the above)

then how much value do the above place in having competitive athletic teams

I would vote along with the guy that says the situation is fluid. Personally over the long term I suspect the money game will ultimately be harmful to NU.

The more CFB starts to reflect pro sports, its instructive to remember that pro sports doesn't have any dominate pay roll teams in small markets. Its always the LA/NY/Dallas/DC etc type of teams with both historical notoriety and big fan bases with deep pockets that have the most to throw around.

Does Nebraska have a NIL collective?

That ace is The 1890 Initiative, a newly launched NIL collective that's well-funded and has strong ties to both the school and the business community in Nebraska. The collective is founded by successful Nebraska businessmen Tom Peed and Shawn Peed, along with former Husker football player Matt Davison.Oct 5, 2022

A collective of Nebraska-supporting businesses and donors has made gross payments of more than $850,000 to Husker student-athletes in seven-plus months as NU continues to push into the burgeoning name-image-likeness era.

Another new initiative coming this summer is a focus on raising direct financial NIL support of walk-ons.
“ABM will assist in solidifying Nebraska’s place as the best walk-on program in the country,” said Lambrecht, ABM’s president, in the release.

While the NCAA green-lit NIL activity beginning July 1, 2021, ABM made its first payment Aug. 22 of that year – the day Lambrecht got his license. The collective has been growing since, with more than 25 business partnerships and 450 paid deals secured. The company also said it has more than $3.5 million raised and committed for “NIL activities.”

NIL company has raised $3.5 million, paid almost $1 million to Husker athletes.

College athletes earned an estimated $917 million in the first year of Name Image and Likeness (NIL) payments, according to new data from ...

College athletics fans from all across the country are wondering how the size and popularity of a school will impact a player’s potential benefit. Certainly, the bigger program would earn a player more opportunities to make money, right?
Mike Farrell of Rivals revealed his top-10 programs for NIL benefit.
  1. Alabama
  2. Notre Dame
  3. Nebraska
  4. LSU
  5. Ohio State
  6. Clemson
  7. Texas
  8. Georgia
  9. Oklahoma
  10. USC

Last edited:
Does Nebraska have a NIL collective?

That ace is The 1890 Initiative, a newly launched NIL collective that's well-funded and has strong ties to both the school and the business community in Nebraska. The collective is founded by successful Nebraska businessmen Tom Peed and Shawn Peed, along with former Husker football player Matt Davison.Oct 5, 2022

A collective of Nebraska-supporting businesses and donors has made gross payments of more than $850,000 to Husker student-athletes in seven-plus months as NU continues to push into the burgeoning name-image-likeness era.

Another new initiative coming this summer is a focus on raising direct financial NIL support of walk-ons.
“ABM will assist in solidifying Nebraska’s place as the best walk-on program in the country,” said Lambrecht, ABM’s president, in the release.

While the NCAA green-lit NIL activity beginning July 1, 2021, ABM made its first payment Aug. 22 of that year – the day Lambrecht got his license. The collective has been growing since, with more than 25 business partnerships and 450 paid deals secured. The company also said it has more than $3.5 million raised and committed for “NIL activities.”

NIL company has raised $3.5 million, paid almost $1 million to Husker athletes. Nebraska players including Garrett Nelson (44), Caleb Tannor (left) and Nick Henrich (42) celebrate a recovery of an Iowa fumble on Nov. 26, 2021, at Memorial Stadium.Apr 8, 2022

College athletes earned an estimated $917 million in the first year of Name Image and Likeness (NIL) payments, according to new data from ...

College athletics fans from all across the country are wondering how the size and popularity of a school will impact a player’s potential benefit. Certainly, the bigger program would earn a player more opportunities to make money, right?
Mike Farrell of Rivals revealed his top-10 programs for NIL benefit.
  1. Alabama
  2. Notre Dame
  3. Nebraska
  4. LSU
  5. Ohio State
  6. Clemson
  7. Texas
  8. Georgia
  9. Oklahoma
  10. USC
Good post!!

Reactions: cavalot
Nobody can really understand how schools truly rank for NIL as it is all estimated numbers. But I do think Nebraska ranks high whatever their actual numerical rank.

Garrett Nelson and VB player Kenzie Knuckles must be millionaires as those 2 seem to pop up on TV all the time in commercials.
💰💰💰💰

no way of knowing

perhaps the the amount can be partially inferred from

the size of your alumni and fan base
the wealth of your alumni and fan base
the business wealth in the state
the generosity of the above (perhaps the schools endowment is a crude measure of the above)

then how much value do the above place in having competitive athletic teams
I think that is a fair assessment, however I would say based on the above analysis there is no way on this green earth that Nebraska-ranks in the top twenty Nil. Unless you find a way to stear tv revenue into an Nil I don’t see how you count on boosters to support every thing that is going on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT