ADVERTISEMENT

How big will this class be?

TheBeav815

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Feb 19, 2007
Chicago Suburbs
Am I the only one with a sneaking suspicion that NU signs kind of a big class? There has been a lot of innuendo that the attrition could be a little on the high side again this year.

Remember, they already told several dudes to pound sand last year. Not sure what their deadline would be to "make room" if they oversigned by a bit...

I'm thinking 25 to 28 could happen. That's a lot of work to get done in half a months time, but it is what it is... This staff has already started to make it clear that they aren't going to self-sanction themselves.

I would love to see them push toward 30 in the class. Obviously I don't want them to sign guys just to have warm bodies, but that "44 scholarship players in 3 classes" bit from the USA Today piece blew my mind.

I would love to see them push toward 30 in the class. Obviously I don't want them to sign guys just to have warm bodies, but that "44 scholarship players in 3 classes" bit from the USA Today piece blew my mind.

30 would be tough to squeeze in
25 is the limit - unless you can get guys to enroll in December (as long as the previous year's class was < 25) - those early enrollees would count against last year - or you give out grey shirts

30 would be tough to squeeze in
25 is the limit - unless you can get guys to enroll in December (as long as the previous year's class was < 25) - those early enrollees would count against last year - or you give out grey shirts
just a simple question...what's the obsession with Red Rover? Personal beef?

I agree that we need to get a bigger number of wanted players but don't think the coaches need to sign extra guys that may be reaches or projects. The last thing we want to do is handcuff ourselves to more guys and take up schollies that more than likely will not contribute down the road. The way it looks though as of right now they are being selective and pursuing talented players that don't seem to be reaches.

It's time to fill the rooster back up with "scholarship players".

Reactions: dinglefritz
This is what I've been thinking all along. Now with Riley saying 4-5 guys will go, it seems a lot more likely it'll be between 26-28. Doubt they get to 30. You can oversign by 3 in the B1G.
we already have 2 early enrollees on campus so I think they can count against last year's number. That should mean we could take a total of 27 this cycle including those guys I think. I don't know how the JUCO guys count if replacing a transfer.

ADVERTISEMENT