ADVERTISEMENT

houston/tcu and miami/fsu to the big in 2026

redwine65

Offensive Coordinator
Jun 23, 2010
some quotes on the moves

ryan day " I been real happy with osu and winning games, but it' been 7 years since a NC.....we need recruitng footprints in the south"

mich coach "yah know we beat osu and won the championship, but playing georgia it dawned on me the big needs southern recruiting footprints"

iowa coach "it would be nice if I could recruit a texas qb like turner gill...our defense can't do it all"

scott frost "lets be clear, tommie frazier was from florida, and lp was from so cal"

usc coach "we are kings of so cal recruiting, but you have to have a recruiting footprint in texas and florida..it's a must do deal"

big commisioner "I've waited for nd to return my calls, but keep getting rejected...we will save a spot in the 24 for them...but right now it's texas and florida recruiting"

fox sports "if you get 100 million per team...and alot of them ain't winning....it's time to recruit"

nebraska fan "3-9 = a coaching and recruiting issue"

oregon fan "it' nice how usc and ucla locks up the so cal recruiting for the big...but all the nike money in the world can't match texas and florida recruiting combined.."

stanford fan "we have the greatful dead, lbgt rights, and even lackadaisical prosecutors, but not texas and florida type recruiting"

nd fan "born free as free as the wind blows, and just say no to mich"

^^^^^^^^

trains-planes-and-automobiles-john-candy.gif

some quotes on the moves

ryan day " I been real happy with osu and winning games, but it' been 7 years since a NC.....we need recruitng footprints in the south"

mich coach "yah know we beat osu and won the championship, but playing georgia it dawned on me the big needs southern recruiting footprints"

iowa coach "it would be nice if I could recruit a texas qb like turner gill...our defense can't do it all"

scott frost "lets be clear, tommie frazier was from florida, and lp was from so cal"

usc coach "we are kings of so cal recruiting, but you have to have a recruiting footprint in texas and florida..it's a must do deal"

big commisioner "I've waited for nd to return my calls, but keep getting rejected...we will save a spot in the 24 for them...but right now it's texas and florida recruiting"

fox sports "if you get 100 million per team...and alot of them ain't winning....it's time to recruit"

nebraska fan "3-9 = a coaching and recruiting issue"

oregon fan "it' nice how usc and ucla locks up the so cal recruiting for the big...but all the nike money in the world can't match texas and florida recruiting combined.."

stanford fan "we have the greatful dead, lbgt rights, and even lackadaisical prosecutors, but not texas and florida type recruiting"

nd fan "born free as free as the wind blows, and just say no to mich"

90042b12-2f73-4f2f-9d23-0bf48f455815_text.gif

clemson fan "I don't blame the big for getting 4 south teams before us and nd...we have a grasp of the recruiting process also"

nc fan "I don't blame the big for getting 4 south teams before us and nd...we have a grasp of the recruiting process also"

boilermaker fan " I'd like to go to games in other places then the rust belt, it might help out recruiting also"

northwestern fan " we try to recruit chicago, but it's more about gangs then football on up here, plus the bible belt makes for better students then liberal swamps"

Texas/Texas A&M = yes. TCU/Houston = no. Not the same.
I will say, Houston and TCU are better sports programs then Rutgers.

Houston went to the elite 8 last year in hoops and beat Auburn in a bowl game and finished #17 in football.

Last edited:
Reactions: resdog851
Texas/Texas A&M = yes. TCU/Houston = no. Not the same.
indeed, currently

but...lets say texas loses a bit in the sec..starts doing bad....all the sudden players from houston and dallas don't feel the need to get dragged in the sec....they figure they will stay closer to home, by the family, save fuel costs, and avoid the fast spread of monkey pox in the austin area...

then Nebraska beats them a few times and they get thinking, why not be in a academic elite conferance?
deliverance was filmed in sec country, is that the way forward? nay, they will start looking towards the good life.

so the recruits pour in and any non coaching issues/excuses will be settled by that time.
combine the with solid florida and so. cal recruiting...and stop the running off of good Nebraska recruits
a perfect storm of good things.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT