ADVERTISEMENT

Houston College Classic

RobsterMobster

Administrator
Jan 5, 2010
Looks like Mississpi State pulled out of the 2015 tourney opening up another spot.

As of now it's Nebraska, LSU, A&M, Baylor, and Houston. The 6th spot now open.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by RobsterMobster:
Looks like Mississpi State pulled out of the 2015 tourney opening up another spot.

We gonna get our heads handed to us.

Originally posted by k9_r:

Will be the first to admit that I have no idea how each of these teams were impacted by graduation and/or the draft, but I'm not sure I would head down that path quite yet. LSU came on strong at the end of the season but was pretty pedestrian up until the half way point if I recall correctly. ATM will be salty. Baylor wasn't very good last year and really hasn't been since their CWS run in 2004 (?). Lived in that area for 4 years and my Baylor friends down there believe Steve Smith is coaching for his job this year. Houston was fighting for a regional host but we were coming on strong as well at the end and until they show some year in, year out consistency, not sure they scare me a ton.

Outside of the southern teams having an advantage over us (getting outside, etc...) early in the season whats got you so concerned?

Originally posted by bigredrl:

Will be the first to admit that I have no idea how each of these teams were impacted by graduation and/or the draft, but I'm not sure I would head down that path quite yet. LSU came on strong at the end of the season but was pretty pedestrian up until the half way point if I recall correctly. ATM will be salty. Baylor wasn't very good last year and really hasn't been since their CWS run in 2004 (?). Lived in that area for 4 years and my Baylor friends down there believe Steve Smith is coaching for his job this year. Houston was fighting for a regional host but we were coming on strong as well at the end and until they show some year in, year out consistency, not sure they scare me a ton.

Outside of the southern teams having an advantage over us (getting outside, etc...) early in the season whats got you so concerned?
Agree on Baylor. And depending on who fills the remaining spot, I expect Baylor and us to compete for the bottom. Why?

Well, as you say.... southern teams having an advantage over us (getting outside, etc...) early in the season.

Hope I'm wrong but that is one terrific advantage early. Quality programs take advantage of their advantages against teams like us.

Agree on Baylor. And depending on who fills the remaining spot, I expect Baylor and us to compete for the bottom. Why?

Well, as you say.... southern teams having an advantage over us (getting outside, etc...) early in the season.

Hope I'm wrong but that is one terrific advantage early. Quality programs take advantage of their advantages against teams like us.

There is no substitute for getting outside early, but it's an advantage we can't do anything about. With the facilities in place now it's hopefully not quite as detrimental for us at has been in the past. Hopefully another mild winter will allow us a few days outside as well but certainly can't count on that. Maybe its semantics but I just don't see us getting our "heads handed to us". We lost some key pieces but have a substantial part of our line-up back as well and would expect us to be very competitive regardless of the opponent.

I will give you that we've had some pretty lack luster starts the last few years. I personally believe being a "northern" program is only a minor piece of it and will be curious to see if the staff changes their approach at all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT