ADVERTISEMENT

Houston Astros

Red Sox fire Cora. Apparently he was a ring leader in all of this. I have been a huge Sox fan since the 60's. They did the right thing by letting him go.

Reactions: bshirt73
What a mess for all of us Mets fans.....I didnt like the hire to begin with because of all this hanging over his head.. un real really

Interesting that with just a few weeks until the teams report, three teams currently are without a manager. Time to recycle some old names again is my guess. I also wonder how hard it wlil be for the Astros to sign free agents knowing that organization is tarnished.

One more item that hasn't got a lot of attention. A few years ago the Cardinals had someone arrested for hacking the Astros system. At the time, the guilty party admitted he did it, but only did so because the Astros hacked the Cardinals first. Everyone dismissed that as an excuse. I now believe that guy. I think the GM who just got fired is the same guy who left St. Louis. A leopard never changes his spots.

I think Cora could receive a lifetime ban, he was the leader in this at both Houston and Boston

AlarmingAntiqueBluegill-max-1mb.gif

Altuve getting ready for this season.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
What a mess for all of us Mets fans.....I didnt like the hire to begin with because of all this hanging over his head.. un real really
Beltran was hired before the Astros story came out.
The NY media would crucify Beltran all year if a move had not been made. Still, he is one of my favorite players on the field.

The crazy thing about Altuve and this buzzer business is I very distinctly remember him rounding third and gesturing at his teammates to NOT tear his jersey off after he hit a bomb off Chapman in game 6 of the ALCS this year. I was like, "what was that all about?" MLB has already said there is nothing to the buzzer stuff, but I don't believe it. Something was going on. I very strongly suspect MLB announced the Luhnow/Hinch suspensions and thought everyone would say "oh good" and they just hoped it would go away. It isn't.

Reactions: nwualum and cubsker
The crazy thing about Altuve and this buzzer business is I very distinctly remember him rounding third and gesturing at his teammates to NOT tear his jersey off after he hit a bomb off Chapman in game 6 of the ALCS this year. I was like, "what was that all about?" MLB has already said there is nothing to the buzzer stuff, but I don't believe it. Something was going on. I very strongly suspect MLB announced the Luhnow/Hinch suspensions and thought everyone would say "oh good" and they just hoped it would go away. It isn't.

"Even if you know its coming, you still have to hit it."

Yep. I have heard that sentiment more than once this week. It's absolutely inane.

Yes, you have to be able to hit a 90+ mph fastball.

No, joe six pack absolutely cannot hit a 90+ mph fastball.

But virtually any MLB position player can. That's why they're MLB players.

You take away all pitches but a fastball, there's no game left. It becomes batting practice.

Warren Spahn:

"Hitting is timing. Pitching is upsetting timing."

"A pitcher needs two pitches, one they're looking for and one to cross them up."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT