House of the dragon...

Jaemekon

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Apr 23, 2007
My wife had me watch a show called House of the Dragon, on HBO yesterday.

Has anyone else seen this show? She seemed excited about it. But I couldn't get into it at all. And I love Dark Souls and stuff.

I just don't like any of the characters.

The little girl in the red dress seems like a cvnt.

The guy with the dragon armor has to be one of the most unlikeable characters I've ever seen. I asked my wife if he was supposed to be a vampire or something, and I asked why he was wearing a bunch of makeup, she said that's his regular face. I struggle to look at him. I asked if he is supposed to be the bad guy. She said not really.

The leader or "king" is awful, completely unlikable. He needs to get his kingdom in order. I don't like him.

Will there be any better characters in this show? Who are the good guys supposed to be? It's definitely not these dragon folk, they seem like really bad people.

I don't know. I love fantasy stuff, but really don't have high hopes for this show. Maybe episode two is better.

Also, why does everyone have white hair? It looks weird.

RatTailGuy

Junior
Feb 19, 2022

Has anyone else seen this show? She seemed excited about it. But I couldn't get into it at all. And I love Dark Souls and stuff.

The guy with the dragon armor has to be one of the most unlikeable characters I've ever seen. I asked my wife if he was supposed to be a vampire or something, and I asked why he was wearing a bunch of makeup, she said that's his regular face. I struggle to look at him. I asked if he is supposed to be the bad guy. She said not really.

The leader or "king" is awful, completely unlikable. He needs to get his kingdom in order. I don't like him.

Will there be any better characters in this show? Who are the good guys supposed to be? It's definitely not these dragon folk, they seem like really bad people.

I don't know. I love fantasy stuff, but really don't have high hopes for this show. Maybe episode two is better.

I liked GOT till like the last 2 seasons(got a little to popular so had to appease the simps)

There is give and take and things I’m blah on but overall I really like it.

Corruption power backstabbing politics or medieval times.

Kings brother is an Alpha

Reactions: Jaemekon

Jaemekon

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Apr 23, 2007
I liked GOT till like the last 2 seasons(got a little to popular so had to appease the simps)

There is give and take and things I’m blah on but overall I really like it.

Corruption power backstabbing politics or medieval times.

Kings brother is an Alpha

I've not watched game of thrones. My wife wanted to watch this show. So far, not going good. I literally hate most of the characters so far.

RatTailGuy

Junior
Feb 19, 2022
I've not watched game of thrones. My wife wanted to watch this show. So far, not going good. I literally hate most of the characters so far.
It’s a slow build but a lot of shit that just doesn’t float in todays world (same as GOT) but this was different times and history is full of the stories in this show. I like tens to like the medieval times type battles. Being a poor in those times not fun

Jaemekon

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Apr 23, 2007
It’s a slow build but a lot of shit that just doesn’t float in todays world (same as GOT) but this was different times and history is full of the stories in this show. I like tens to like the medieval times type battles. Being a poor in those times not fun

I love medieval stuff. I love Dark Souls and shit. I just don't like these characters, I think that is a big issue for me. They are very unlikable.

The dude in the dragon armor is my least favorite. Seems like a piece of shit.

RatTailGuy

Junior
Feb 19, 2022
I love medieval stuff. I love Dark Souls and shit. I just don't like these characters, I think that is a big issue for me. They are very unlikable.

The dude in the dragon armor is my least favorite. Seems like a piece of shit.
The kings brother? He’s a total POS that’s why he’s my favorite. He’s also an Alpha so I can relate. I was a huge fan of Joffrey from GOT. Dude was a total little **** face prick but that’s what made the character great.

Jaemekon

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Apr 23, 2007
The kings brother? He’s a total POS that’s why he’s my favorite. He’s also an Alpha so I can relate. I was a huge fan of Joffrey from GOT. Dude was a total little **** face prick but that’s what made the character great.

I'm not sure. The really ugly guy. I asked my wife if he was wearing makeup, she said no. He cheated in jousting, I hate cheaters. Shows his weakness.

Dylman

Walk On
Aug 21, 2022
Love GOT. Haven't watched House Of the Dragon yet but I feel like you could get into it more if you watched GOT first. There's a lot of shows I can't get into unless I've done a few dabs first. Macro dose and enjoy man.

Jaemekon

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Apr 23, 2007
Love GOT. Haven't watched House Of the Dragon yet but I feel like you could get into it more if you watched GOT first. There's a lot of shows I can't get into unless I've done a few dabs first. Macro dose and enjoy man.

I tried watching the game of thrones too. I got about ten minutes in, and just kind of moved on. I understand that's not a full representation of the show.

It's just tough for me to get into. I feel like I love fantasy stuff, but then I find myself never watching it. I love the Souls games though.

I've never seen the game of thrones, I fell asleep trying to watch one of the hobbit movies, I don't watch star wars, I fell asleep at the theater for Ironman, and then never watched another mcu movie, I've never seen avatar. Maybe I'm a dickhead?

• Haha
Reactions: Dylman

Dylman

Walk On
Aug 21, 2022
I tried watching the game of thrones too. I got about ten minutes in, and just kind of moved on. I understand that's not a full representation of the show.

It's just tough for me to get into. I feel like I love fantasy stuff, but then I find myself never watching it. I love the Souls games though.

I've never seen the game of thrones, I fell asleep trying to watch one of the hobbit movies, I don't watch star wars, I fell asleep at the theater for Ironman, and then never watched another mcu movie, I've never seen avatar. Maybe I'm a dickhead?
Not a dick head. I absolutely loath anything MCU or DC related. The new starwars stuff is garbage. I honestly just prefer comedy.

Jaemekon

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Apr 23, 2007
Not a dick head. I absolutely loath anything MCU or DC related. The new starwars stuff is garbage. I honestly just prefer comedy.

I did enjoy the Deadpool movies, Logan, John Wick, and Nobody.

Reactions: Dylman

Jaemekon

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Apr 23, 2007
It's interesting how different the responses are between RSS and tOS. For as much shit as people talk about tOS, y'all are way nicer people than those found on RSS.

72b1b6d0-bbec-43c3-9f12-976f27c9e00b_text.gif

RatTailGuy

Junior
Feb 19, 2022

Come son Stark taking that dudes head at the beginning was awesome. It’s twists and turns till abiut the red wedding then it became really trendy and you know how that always ends

Reactions: Dylman and Jaemekon

Jaemekon

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Apr 23, 2007
Just watched the new episode of Bleach. I like it way better than the house of the dragons.

Tetonia

Senior
Jan 22, 2022

I like it so far! The little white haired gal in the first few episodes ends up f*cking her uncle with the same white hair (king’s brother), so I thought that was pretty cool. If ya didn’t like GOT, you not love HOD.

Jaemekon

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Apr 23, 2007
I like it so far! The little white haired gal in the first few episodes ends up f*cking her uncle with the same white hair (king’s brother), so I thought that was pretty cool. If ya didn’t like GOT, you not love HOD.

My wife loves it. I ended up not watching anymore, she is on the last episode I think.

My brother also really likes it. He said he thinks I would like the game of thrones more.

Jul 2, 2020
Oh for sure. OP is way in to fantasy but never watched or read (or has a clue about) GoT…also watches some small budget GRRM-produced show.

Jaemekon

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Apr 23, 2007
Oh for sure. OP is way in to fantasy but never watched or read (or has a clue about) GoT…also watches some small budget GRRM-produced show.

What's grrm? Sorry I haven't watched the game of thrones. I've also only watched part of one of the Lord of the rings, I've not seen all the star wars, I've never watched star trek, I've never seen avatar, I don't watch the marvel movies, and I'm sure there are many more examples that might blow your mind.

But yes...

RatTailGuy

Junior
Feb 19, 2022
What's grrm? Sorry I haven't watched the game of thrones. I've also only watched part of one of the Lord of the rings, I've not seen all the star wars, I've never watched star trek, I've never seen avatar, I don't watch the marvel movies, and I'm sure there are many more examples that might blow your mind.

But yes...

I don’t trust you now ;)

• Wow

RedMyMind

Offensive Coordinator
Aug 22, 2017
I've watched some GOT but the god damn length sex scenes got tiresome. Maybe if I were 13 or if they were shorter. Just get to the backstabbing.

I've been watching the Orville.