ADVERTISEMENT

Hottest Coaches/Hot Seat Thread

bearcats7734

Nov 23, 2020
Who doesn’t love a good ranking??

Top 5 hottest coaches for new hires:
1. Matt Campbell - is Iowa state a destination or a stepping stone?
2. Hugh Freeze - you have to think AD’s are forgiving the shenanigans he got himself into at Miss.
3. Luke Fickell - might be first G5 team to make playoffs. Only a matter of time until P5 team offers something he can’t refuse.
4. Lance Leopoid - team is off to 4-0 start, built D-III Whitewater to power house. Running back almost broke rushing record today.
5. Jamey Caldwell - have Coastal in the top 20 and have turned around a new D-1 football program. Really great personality too.

Hot Seat:
1. Derek Mason - great dude but probably the worst P5 team this season (even ahead of KU)
2. Jim Harbaugh - just not working out at his Alma mater. Jets?
3.Clay Helton - probably doesn’t deserve it but if SC doesn’t win the PAC 12 this year he’s gone.
4. Steve Campbell - has south Alabama at 8-24 in 3 seasons. A 3-5 start in a covid year might save him for now
5. Kevin Sumlin - Seems that Johnny Manziel really inflated Sumlins success at A&M. Financial
issues might save his job for now

2. Hugh Freeze - you have to think AD’s are forgiving the shenanigans he got himself into at Miss.
3. Luke Fickell - might be first G5 team to make playoffs. Only a matter of time until P5 team offers something he can’t refuse.
4. Lance Leopoid - team is off to 4-0 start, built D-III Whitewater to power house. Running back almost broke rushing record today.
5. Jamey Caldwell - have Coastal in the top 20 and have turned around a new D-1 football program. Really great personality too.

Hot Seat:
1. Derek Mason - great dude but probably the worst P5 team this season (even ahead of KU)
3.Clay Helton - probably doesn’t deserve it but if SC doesn’t win the PAC 12 this year he’s gone.
4. Steve Campbell - has south Alabama at 8-24 in 3 seasons. A 3-5 start in a covid year might save him for now
5. Kevin Sumlin - Seems that Johnny Manziel really inflated Sumlins success at A&M. Financial
I think there's some available NFL coaches who could do well at the college level if they were interested.

Reactions: BleedRed78

Hot Seat:
Top candidates needs to include Urban.
Sarkisian and Tony Elliott from Clemson also make the list. Campbell and Fickell too.

Your other two guys are less hot commodities, you didn’t even spell their names right. Leipold is pretty old to have never been a P5 cosch, the closest he got was whatever his official role was with NU was all those years ago. Chadwell has had success but doesn’t have the profile of the other guys I put on the list.

Tom Herman not on your hot seat list!

Replace Herman for Helton. Helton is something like 40-22 and his teams always play with fire. They may not win but they play hard which reflects on the coach.

Hot Seat:
Wow, Frost is not on this list?

Reactions: Rick Chick
Jamie Caldwell did not turn that program around. Moglia was winning 11 games a year before he took over. He has been able to maintain though

Reactions: cidsports and WHCSC
Everyone knows we can’t afford to fire another head coach and Frost (like his
predecessors) is married to his assistants.

Campbell needs to go to greener pastures Iowa st won’t be able to maintain their high level of play, just look at David shaw from Stanford he should have left 3 years ago now he’s not even mentioned
what has campbell actually accomplished at ISU? a winning record is about it. this is his best season ever and they lost to louisiana and will likely have at least 3 losses in a shortened season

Reactions: SoFla-Hawkeye
Nope. College is the jv. You want to be in the show or nothing

I always thought Caldwell did well for the Lions. I can’t believe they fired him for Patricia. Wouldn’t be mad at all if Caldwell was Nebraska’s next coach.

First NFL guy I would call IF I were a college AD looking to rebuild a program from scratch would be Bill Callahan. Find him a good DC, and he would build a winner.
JC, that was absolutely not one of the guys I was talking about. How about Bill O'Brien who turned around a complete shitshow of a situation at Penn State? Matt Patricia is a protégé of the Bill Belicheck coaching tree. Doug Pederson is a good coach and runs a scheme that would be successful at the college level. Maybe Joe Brady wants to be the head man? Bieniemy is a guy who's getting a lot of talk for head coaching positions at the college level. I have no idea how much interest any of these guys have at the college level, but the NFL game has gotten much closer to the college game in recent years. I think there would be a lot of good options if a college team wanted to go the NFL route in picking a head coach.

Replace Herman for Helton. Helton is something like 40-22 and his teams always play with fire. They may not win but they play hard which reflects on the coach.
USC has been paying through the nose for #metoo cases. They dont have the money to can Helton.

Reactions: Hugo_Stiglitz7
Top candidates needs to include Urban.
Sarkisian and Tony Elliott from Clemson also make the list. Campbell and Fickell too.

Your other two guys are less hot commodities, you didn’t even spell their names right. Leipold is pretty old to have never been a P5 cosch, the closest he got was whatever his official role was with NU was all those years ago. Chadwell has had success but doesn’t have the profile of the other guys I put on the list.

Tom Herman not on your hot seat list!

Haha, are you serious? Urban Meyer? Matt Campbell? Like Fickell?

You are as delirious as those Tennessee fans a few years back that felt they'd be getting John Gruden and who also didn't feel Greg Shiano was good enough for them. Urban Meyer, LOL LOL

As for Matt Campbell, he could go anywhere, why the hell would he go to a school that has a penchant for firing coaches every 3/4 years over the past 15+ years? On top of this, the job he has today is as good as your job.

Fickell can also go anywhere he wants. Nebraska wouldn't even make his list.

Finally, stop with the stupid talk of Frost being gone after this year. Idiotic to think otherwise.

Last edited:
Alternatively, I had this in mind when I read “Hottest Coaches”

VBNQSCAAYKHUPIZ.20130524144942.jpg

Mandy Close of Oregon State women’s basketball.

Reactions: headcard
Pat Fitzgerald at NW could move on to the NFL. Also, who the heck is Michigan going to get to replace Harbaugh that would fair any better? He’s won 10 games in a season 3 times.

Haha, are you serious? Urban Meyer? Matt Campbell? Like Fickell?

You are as delirious as those Tennessee fans a few years back that felt they'd be getting John Gruden and who also didn't feel Greg Shiano was good enough for them. Urban Meyer, LOL LOL

As for Matt Campbell, he could go anywhere, why the hell would he go to a school that has a penchant for firing coaches every 3/4 years over the past 15+ years? On top of this, the job he has today is as good as your job.

Fickell can also go anywhere he wants. Nebraska wouldn't even make his list.

Finally, stop with the stupid talk of Frost being gone after this year. Idiotic to think otherwise.
Good God, can you read? The thread was the hottest coaching hires. Not the hottest hires for NU. Are you a troll or a moron?

Good God, can you read? The thread was the hottest coaching hires. Not the hottest hires for NU. Are you a troll or a moron?
Just realized by your user name you are actually probably both.

JC, that was absolutely not one of the guys I was talking about. How about Bill O'Brien who turned around a complete shitshow of a situation at Penn State? Matt Patricia is a protégé of the Bill Belicheck coaching tree. Doug Pederson is a good coach and runs a scheme that would be successful at the college level. Maybe Joe Brady wants to be the head man? Bieniemy is a guy who's getting a lot of talk for head coaching positions at the college level. I have no idea how much interest any of these guys have at the college level, but the NFL game has gotten much closer to the college game in recent years. I think there would be a lot of good options if a college team wanted to go the NFL route in picking a head coach.
Bill O'Brien?? LOL. IF he couldn't deal with the boosters at PSU there's no way in hell he wants to deal with the meddlers at NU. Face it. Frost is here and you can go pound sand with your expert analysis. Hell. You may as well throw your name in the ring. You're great at critiquing coaches. I sure as hell hope you've got some high school parents chewing your sorry ass when you won't play Jr.

Reactions: headcard
Bill O'Brien?? LOL. IF he couldn't deal with the boosters at PSU there's no way in hell he wants to deal with the meddlers at NU. Face it. Frost is here and you can go pound sand with your expert analysis. Hell. You may as well throw your name in the ring. You're great at critiquing coaches. I sure as hell hope you've got some high school parents chewing your sorry ass when you won't play Jr.
Your fake optimism about everything and history of backing losers when they're already halfway out the door gets pretty old too. Maybe Tim Miles or Mike Riley or Erstad will turn it around someday, I know they will. Just gotta give them a chance.

ADVERTISEMENT