ADVERTISEMENT

Horse thief beaten down, desert style.

Originally posted by tarheelhusker:
"The horse stood idly by."

The sheriff said his men "were dehydrated".

he deserved it, had it comin. He should have known better. I doubt anyone cares, especially al Sharpton.

Yikes, WTF are cops thinking doing this stuff these days where everyone has a camera? I don't even want to think about what it was like in the say...50's through the 70's. Bad time to be a minority in their cross hairs or just a criminal in general back then.

This same thing happened to my brother in Kearney about 6 or 7 years ago. He was sitting on someone's lawn drinking beer with two buddies and the police were called without them knowing. They all got up and ran, but the cop tasered him and then beat the piss out of him.

The cop claimed that my brother took a swing at him while he was being tasered. My brother said the officer punched him in the face a few times and then in the sides and ribs after my brother was flat on the ground.

My brother has never been in a fight before and would never swing at a anyone, let alone a police officer, but we told him that he shouldn't have ran and that wouldn't have happened. Looking back, I truly wonder how often these so-called "police officers" that are sworn to "serve and protect" do the types of things caught in this video.

Originally posted by tarheelhusker:
"The horse stood idly by."

The sheriff said his men "were dehydrated".
This is really sad. The suspect is lying face down with his hands behind his back and yet the first two deputies on the scene kick him in the head multiple times and groin. Then the other deputies come in and join. All of them should get disciplined, some probably fired.

This is another example of a problem we have across the nation. The police are crossing the line and using force when it isn't always warranted. This type of behavior causes people to fear the police. Police are trained to fear the people and things continue to spiral down. Something needs to change and I don't think body cameras are really the solution.

Whats bad is the dude is clearly on the ground already tased and has his hands behind his back as he is instructed to do waiting to be cuffed and they they proceed to gang up on the kid and beat the piss out of him. I have a degree in CJ and have done internships with police dept. and have great respect for how tough a job it is, but these videos are damning to say the least.

My dad & I used to listen to Paul Harvey every day at noon together for a really long time, 15 years straight it seemed? Anyway, I remember his doing a story on policeman and he said, and I remember it like it was yesterday...Policeman have a better record when it comes to getting caught doing immoral stuff than almost any other profession, including priests. So hopefully my comments were not misunderstood, I know the percentage is very tiny, but when it happened back then, and you know it did, the perp really had nothing to fall back on.

Another good example of why you can't make broad-sweeping generalizations...which seems to be all the rage today in the media and among certain groups. In the Ferguson deal, the evidence supported the police officer. In the Charleston case and this case, it's pretty clear the cops are in the wrong. Each one needs to be dealt with on its own merit.

I'm a big supporter of Law Enforcement and the extremely difficult job they do, but these guys (and Charleston) look guilty on tape.

As an aside, starting to wonder if the job doesn't build up so much stress that these types of actions end up bubbling over. Not sure what the solution is, but we seem to be seeing more and more of this type of pent up rage in these officers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT