ADVERTISEMENT

Hornibrook wins Passing Academy top grade

The notion that Nebraska played neck-n-neck with Wisconsin sounds like loser speak. We used to chuckle when teams also said they played neck-n-neck but still left 0-3.

Wiscy has our number right now and in my opinion, it will take a couple years to turn that around.
A couple of years, or a couple of turnovers, whichever comes first

Who is Red Rover? I've been posting under this name for 10 years lol.

So you're on the fence that Wisky will wax us this year like everyone else thinks? Well I'll be waiting for you to eat crow after we win. And I'll ask you what did you expect when Riley almost beat them for 3 straight years and he was a horrid coach.
Top 5 Top 10 whatever. This is one of the best staffs in the nation and if you can't see that then you don't know football. UCF had a bottom 10 offense when Frost arrived and within 2 years had a top 5 offense... show me the coaching staffs that have accomplished that recently... don't worry, I'll wait.

So help me out big guy, where did I say anything about beating Wisconsin this year? You were giving all of the examples of past games and how we were so close to beating them but never seemed to get it done which you based the reason for now all of the sudden being able to put that one in the W column. You always have a chance to win on any given day but to win consistently is another story.

I am going to go out on a limb and say that Frost will find some things a bit more difficult in the B1G and playing in a P5 conference against better teams week in and week out. I am 100% behind the guy and his staff but at the same time I know winning consistently does not start overnight like you seem to think. There is a reason he is hitting the juco ranks so hard, think about it. It isn't just magic to have a great coaching staff but not the athletes to run it on both sides of the ball. But I guess we do live in the world where instant success is expected. I have no metric to declare this staff to be "one of the best in the nation" given they have not been together very long and this is their first venture into a P5 conference. I will let it all play out and cheer the team on this year, take the good with the bad and not make excuses as I am sure Frost won't as well.

As for your comment about me not knowing football based on the opinion that I have not seen ALL of the coaching staffs in the nation but yet you are willing to anoint ours a top 5 or when you hedge a bit, a top 10. I have no way to compare. Here is one for you - if the Huskers win 6 or 7 games or whatever it will be, I will still think the staff is good, it doesn't always mean wins. Sometimes you simply don't have the horses and the other team can be better. I know that is a reality you do not wish to confront as it interrupts your trips to la la land.

Reactions: c3ntral08
This just goes to show how worthless these passing camps are for determining the abilities of a college qb. Of the games I watched of Wisconsin last year Hornibrook barely looked like a serviceable division II qb let alone division I.

Reactions: c3ntral08
I don’t want to rain on anyone’s parade but Wisconsin returns all 5 starters on the oline, a 2 yr starter at QB and a heisman candidate at RB. We play in Madison with a QB who has never taken a div 1 snap.

Going to be a tough go
Didnt you hear? Wisconsin sucks and all their wins over the past ten or so years are an outlier and dont really count.

He still threw 15 INTs last year, to 21 TDs. He might have better accuracy, but he needs to be very accurate with a noodle arm like his.
In fairness you're leaving out the 4 TD 0 Int Orange Bowl (25 TD, 15 INT looks better). He used bowl prep to work on his pocket presence and it helped a ton vs Miami. He looked like a different QB and we're expecting that to carry over into this year.

Pretty level headed discussion though.

In fairness you're leaving out the 4 TD 0 Int Orange Bowl (25 TD, 15 INT looks better). He used bowl prep to work on his pocket presence and it helped a ton vs Miami. He looked like a different QB and we're expecting that to carry over into this year.

Pretty level headed discussion though.[/QUOTE

I gained so much respect for Chryst when ESPN caught him mouthing “f***k your turnover chain”, or something like that

I gained so much respect for Chryst when ESPN caught him saying “f*** your turnover chain”, or something to that effect.

Lmao at everyone down playing Hornibrook. If our QB was given that award at the Manning Pasing Academy we’d all be tucking our boners in our waist band for a week.

My gut tells me we beat them, my gut also tells me we win 9 in Frosts 1st year. My gut also says we beat 4 out of the 5 teams we aren't supposed to beat. The one we lose to is Ohio St but not in blowout fashion.

Are you sure that isn't just indigestion? I would relax a little on winning 9 games. We have arguably the most difficult schedule in the nation, and to win 5 more games than last year with that schedule would truly be an accomplishment of miracle proportions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT