ADVERTISEMENT

Hoops - these guys will win in the teens this year...

Chief Wiggum

Sophomore
Sep 29, 2001
With Walker in the lineup, these guys can be a fairly dangerous team - no, not good enough to make the big boys sweat, but they will win some games in the B1G this year, hoping at least 6.

FSU has also been in every game they played so far this year, despite their record. I'm not saying we are going dancing, but they are much better than they have been in years' past. Having Walker back and healthy makes this team dangerous on any given night.

I’ll root for any team that gives effort on the defensive side

Need the guards to hit 3s. If we do, we'll be in games. If we don't, we'll lose by 10 to 15 a lot.
I would love to see NU rely wayyyyy less on the three and pound the ball inside. It won't be exciting and the analytics honks will hate it, but it would beat TF out of going 3-17 in conference play.

Reactions: king_kong_
I would love to see NU rely wayyyyy less on the three and pound the ball inside. It won't be exciting and the analytics honks will hate it, but it would beat TF out of going 3-17 in conference play.

We have one inside threat and don't have a lot of guards that can get to the rim. We have to hit 3s.

We have one inside threat and don't have a lot of guards that can get to the rim. We have to hit 3s.
Griesel is a threat to get to the rim. So is Gary.

Huskers ranked 13th in the Big Ten in 3 pt. FG% last year. If they must hit threes to win, they won't.

Reactions: ssmill777
Griesel is a threat to get to the rim. So is Gary.

Huskers ranked 13th in the Big Ten in 3 pt. FG% last year. If they must hit threes to win, they won't.

Very different team this year. Bryce was a large part of our bad shooting last year - took a lot of 3s and didnt make em.

Griesel isn't going to get to the rim in conference much, he's just not all that quick. Good presence for us at the point though.

Very different team this year. Bryce was a large part of our bad shooting last year - took a lot of 3s and didnt make em.

Griesel isn't going to get to the rim in conference much, he's just not all that quick. Good presence for us at the point though.
Sure Bryce was part of the problem, but NU only had three guys who hit at least 35% from three last year, and two of them - Webster and Trey McGowens - are gone. Wilcher is the only one of those three who is back, and I don't see the new players knocking down a lot of 3-pt shots.

Wilcher and Tominaga are going to be shooting a lot more of em this year.

I think the biggest thing I see is we aren't being automatically out-rebounded every night....definitely will be on some nights, especially against good B1G teams, but we will hold our own against the lower half.

Reactions: ssmill777
I think the biggest thing I see is we aren't being automatically out-rebounded every night....definitely will be on some nights, especially against good B1G teams, but we will hold our own against the lower half.
That's been a major improvement, but the biggest is HIGH PERCENTAGE SHOTS.

I realize that 3 > 2, but it doesn't change the fact that looooooong scoring droughts lose games. You don't have those when you get the ball into the paint.

Great win for Nebraska hope it propels them the rest of the season will fun to follow if they keep it up.
I really hope Fred can get to the middle of the pack of the B1G this year. I really don’t follow basketball like I used to other than the Huskers. The NBA has lost me.

I would not put too much stock in this. My takeaway from the game tonight is that there is at least one P5 team worse than NU.
While now that makes 3... including Creighton. I understand why you felt this way at the time of this post, but they obviously are capable

jays have one very lucky win this year over a good team.
Texas Tech and Arkansas are both solid wins. They also lost to Arizona by 2 point and were in the game at Texas. Nebraska could of beaten Kansas or Duke and you would have a reason they lost and not how we won.

I am not going to down play this one! Not one of the Creighton fans would of said this before that game yesterday. So you saying this now is ignorant

Texas Tech and Arkansas are both solid wins. They also lost to Arizona by 2 point and were in the game at Texas. Nebraska could of beaten Kansas or Duke and you would have a reason they lost and not how we won.

I am not going to down play this one! Not one of the Creighton fans would of said this before that game yesterday. So you saying this now is ignorant
They got owned by Zona and made a few hail mary 3's at the end...that big for Zona owned the paint.

Arkansas is crazy athletic, that is a nice win.

TT is lame

NU beat the sit out of the jays in every way possible. It was great to see.

I am not downplaying it a all. **** he jays and their lame fans that thought they had two lottery picks on this team.

Reactions: leodisflowers
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT