ADVERTISEMENT

Honestly, how do you think Neb will do?

Where do you HONESTLY see Neb ending up?

• 6-7 wins and a bowl game

Votes: 57 24.8%
  • 8-9 wins and BIG10 west champions

Votes: 123 53.5%
  • 9-10 wins and BIG10 champions

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • 10-12 wins, BIG10 Champions, and playoff team.

Votes: 15 6.5%

• Total voters

husker2612

Recruiting Coordinator
Nov 29, 2010
Im curious as to where everyone is realistically thinking for this years results. We hear some saying, West champions, BIG10 Championship, Dark horse for playoff contender, 10 wins, 11 wins, undefeated season. How much of that is honest belief and how much is just hope or wishful thinking?

IDK man... all this koolaid is making me nervous for the season. I look at the schedule and I see 9-10 wins. But knowing Nebby likes to piss a game or two down their pants keeps me thinking 6-8 wins is more likely. But i know one thing...
i-am-ready-to-get-hurt-again-20009216.png

Disappointment if we don’t win the West .. we have a very favorable schedule and all the tough games at home

We have as much talent as any team on our schedule except OSU. We have the best QB on the field in any game we play. And the tough games are at home

These are the seasons where we get some hint as to how much of an upgrade we have got with this coaching staff

Are we better coached than our opponents
Is it a push
Are we less outcoached than in prior years
Have we not improved at all in the coaching arena (doubtful)

Last edited:
Not sure about winning the west, but we finished last half of our schedule winning 2/3rds average.
We replace the mich schools with indy and the terps, everybody else we play is at home except minny.

This isnt our year, but it is our year to make a major statement.

We definitely have a few none Huskers voting...10 picked us to go 6-7 wins? Only ones going to pick that is our guests that refuse to give any credit. We are definitely an 8 to 9 win team this season with our schedule. 10 wins is definitely possible as well. But for now, I’m sticking with the 8-4 to 9-3 predictions I been saying all summer long. GBR

Reactions: HuskerO
We definitely have a few none Huskers voting...10 picked us to go 6-7 wins? Only ones going to pick that is our guests that refuse to give any credit. We are definitely an 8 to 9 win team this season with our schedule. 10 wins is definitely possible as well. But for now, I’m sticking with the 8-4 to 9-3 predictions I been saying all summer long. GBR
It's ok, the longer they hold on,the greater the pain when they lose.
Been saying 8 since late winter, without Green and Daniels and Noa and Mills

High probable wins - SA, NI, Illini, Maryland
Better than 50/50 - Indiana, Northwestern
Tossup - CU, Iowa, Purdue, Minnesota
Not favored - OSU, UW

Win all high probables, one of better than 50/50, 2 of the toss ups and pull out an upset on the unfavorable.

8 wins with victories over CU, Iowa and UW and I would be happy...

Not favored - OSU, UW

Win all high probables, one of better than 50/50, 2 of the toss ups and pull out an upset on the unfavorable.

The oddsmakers significantly disagree with your analysis.

Not favored - OSU, UW

You're not supposed to drink the bong water.

What "credit" has this team deserved after going 4-8 the last 2 seasons?

7-5 to 9-3 hard to predict. Lotta unknowns. A lot depends on defensive and special teams. Both units have gotten crushed the past few years.

I think we have the talent, potential and schedule to get to 10 wins, win the West, and possibly make a solid game of the BIG championship. We win that who knows, maybe playoffs.
However, like many have said their are so many unknowns, will the D make significant enough improvements (pass rush, take aways, 3rd down stops, run stop), can Martinez stay healthy the whole year, will a few WR break out, will the O-line be any good?
On top of the unknowns it is hard to not fall into the, "here we go again" mode. It has been a long painful 15+ years of hype and disappointment. I believe in Frost and I have little to no doubt he will eventually get us back to where we want to be. Year 2 is probably to soon to realistically think playoff or even BIG title. So my 100% honest prediction is 7 -9 wins 50/50 shot to win the West. Although if Iowa or another fan base asks me, " easily west champs, 10 wins, with a realistic shot at the BIG"

I think 6 wins will be the minimum and 10-11 wins the maximum with anything in between being possible as well. Remember this is only the second year of the Scott Frost era. Lets not get the cart ahead of the horse. My optimistic preseason prediction is the Huskers win against So Ala, CU, N Illinois, Illinois, Minn, IU, Purdue and Maryland. Then a toss-up in the four remaining games Ohio State, Northwestern, Wisconsin and Iowa. I am excited to see the kids play. Have my airplane ticket to DIA and my tickets for Folsom Field on September 7.

Reactions: scarletred
I think we have the talent, potential and schedule to get to 10 wins, win the West, and possibly make a solid game of the BIG championship. We win that who knows, maybe playoffs.
However, like many have said their are so many unknowns, will the D make significant enough improvements (pass rush, take aways, 3rd down stops, run stop), can Martinez stay healthy the whole year, will a few WR break out, will the O-line be any good?
On top of the unknowns it is hard to not fall into the, "here we go again" mode. It has been a long painful 15+ years of hype and disappointment. I believe in Frost and I have little to no doubt he will eventually get us back to where we want to be. Year 2 is probably to soon to realistically think playoff or even BIG title. So my 100% honest prediction is 7 -9 wins 50/50 shot to win the West. Although if Iowa or another fan base asks me, " easily west champs, 10 wins, with a realistic shot at the BIG"

That sounds about right to me. The defense really improving......who knows? Injuries to key players......who knows?

Reactions: husker2612
On top of the unknowns it is hard to not fall into the, "here we go again" mode. It has been a long painful 15+ years of hype and disappointment. I believe in Frost and I have little to no doubt he will eventually get us back to where we want to be. Year 2 is probably to soon to realistically think playoff or even BIG title. So my 100% honest prediction is 7 -9 wins 50/50 shot to win the West. Although if Iowa or another fan base asks me, " ehowasily west champs, 10 wins, with a realistic shot at the BIG"
How about a paragraph break.??

How about a paragraph break.??

On top of the unknowns it is hard to not fall into the, "here we go again" mode. It has been a long painful 15+ years of hype and disappointment.

I believe in Frost and I have little to no doubt he will eventually get us back to where we want to be.

Year 2 is probably to soon to realistically think playoff or even BIG title.

So my 100% honest prediction is 7 -9 wins 50/50 shot to win the West.

Although if Iowa or another fan base asks me, " easily west champs, 10 wins, with a realistic shot at the BIG"

Better?

On top of the unknowns it is hard to not fall into the, "here we go again" mode. It has been a long painful 15+ years of hype and disappointment.

I believe in Frost and I have little to no doubt he will eventually get us back to where we want to be.

Year 2 is probably to soon to realistically think playoff or even BIG title.

So my 100% honest prediction is 7 -9 wins 50/50 shot to win the West.

Although if Iowa or another fan base asks me, " easily west champs, 10 wins, with a realistic shot at the BIG"

Better?
Too many paragraphs now.

Reactions: husker2612
Im curious as to where everyone is realistically thinking for this years results. We hear some saying, West champions, BIG10 Championship, Dark horse for playoff contender, 10 wins, 11 wins, undefeated season. How much of that is honest belief and how much is just hope or wishful thinking?
8 reg season wins, 2nd in the West. Nice bowl game and good momentum for 2020.

On paper, it feels more like 10 wins,. My prediction of 8 wins factors in:

Injuries, bad luck, bad calls, bad juju, marijuana, some team in the division, playing over their head, a week or two where they don't bring their "A" game and only year 2 of a new regime. The Kool-Aid, is hard to resist. I want to see how they handle prosperity.

GBR

I think the season comes down to two 3 consecutive games.

1)tOSU, NW and Minnesota
2)Wisconsin, Maryland and Ioway..

Win 2 of 3 from both and Nebraska finishes 10-2.
Win 2 of 3 from just one of these two 9-3
Win only one game each between the two consecutive games Nebraska finishes 8-4..

I think these posts are all hitting upon two very important facts:

1.) As Nebraska fans, we are happy with Frost and his coaching crew, and we know we have talent. We want to see that yield a great year and a great record, but we've endured 15+ years of disappointment. Even when Pelini had us winning a lot, we would get crushed by a Wisconsin or we would lose a title game by a fake second. It's hard to just shake those bad feelings.

2.) Added to that, as MANY analysts have pointed out, the Big Ten West is basically the "Wild West" this year. There are like 5 teams that could win it, conceivably. We're kind of the favorite right now, but you could say Iowa, Northwestern, Purdue, Wisconsin, or Minnesota and nobody would be too shocked. Well, maybe they'd be shocked if Minnesota won, but you know what I mean.

So, I voted for 9 wins, West Title, going to the Championship. I think our floor is 7 wins, and our ceiling is undefeated. And that's a WIDE berth to guess from.

We are an 8 win team with a 9-10 win + big ten west champion schedule.
Winners are prepared to take advantage of opportunities when they present themselves.
Our schedule this year affords us a great opportunity that shouldn't be squandered.

Many point to 2020 - we may be more talented - however the OSU, Iowa, Wisconsin and NW games are all on the road and we add Penn State. Many of our opponents will be starting new QBs in 2019 and will have a full year of experience in 2020.

Win the West.

I'll take heat for this - but these are the type of years where Bo would win the division

Bo only won one B1G division.. just saying.

ADVERTISEMENT