ADVERTISEMENT

Honas.

slwags

Sophomore
Jan 7, 2004
Yesterday Sipple seemed to indicate there was a significant injury to Honas. Anyone heard the detail?

I heard he popped a knee. Major bummer, I wonder if he'll seek a medical or try to go UDFA next year.

If there was any position that could absorb losing a projected starter, that position was ILB. They had more guys than they could really get on the field and that wasn't even counting 4* guys in Hannah and Mauga-Clements.

Yesterday Sipple seemed to indicate there was a significant injury to Honas. Anyone heard the detail?
You'll likely know tomorrow when Frost addresses the media post Spring game.

Feel terrible for him. Sat out the entire spring, they bring him back for the very last practice of spring camp… And he tears the ACL a third time. Absolutely brutal.

He actually didn't sit out the whole Spring. His reps were just limited. But yeah.... there was no reason for him to practice.

Heartaches for him.

You gave it a good run big fella, sadly your body couldn't hold up it anymore. Without all the injuries I think he would have easily been the best ILB we had in at least 6 years....

Reactions: baseball31ne
I don't know why you would think he wouldn't come back for another year. He wants to make it in the NFL. He's back next year
Right now, the NCAA is not granting extra scholarships for next year beyond the 85. So while everyone (not just the "super seniors") is getting an extra year of eligibility, that doesn't mean the staff will allow them to come back on scholarship. So given his injuries and the emergence of Nick Henrich, Honas is probably done at NU.

For a staff that needs to win now, I would expect Frost to keep more older players than he would otherwise though. So we could see the 2020 and 2021 recruiting classes be smaller in numbers because of that.

Reactions: BleedRed78
You gave it a good run big fella, sadly your body couldn't hold up it anymore. Without all the injuries I think he would have easily been the best ILB we had in at least 6 years....

I am not trying to be a jerk but being the best Husker ILB in the last 6 years is not really a great achievement, but more importantly I always thought he had slow reaction time to a play. Maybe he is just slow, but he has been caught out of position lots of times. I feel bad that he has been hurt so much during his time in Lincoln. As I remember he had a significant injury even before he suited up for the Huskers. He must be a great guy because he sure gets support from the staff.

Reactions: leodisflowers
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT