ADVERTISEMENT

Honas Iowa's 2018 most wanted linebacker and Heinrich Iowa's 2019

most wanted linebacker both decide to play for Nebraska...that's gotta hurt! Can't wait to find out who Iowa's 2020 most wanted linebacker is?

Phenomenal post.. :eek: I'm guessing winning 3 straight takes most of the sting away of losing those 2 players. You can stop posting now.

Reactions: bmb81664
I don't get the fascination with Iowa and their fans. They don't post any more rediculous stuff than some of our fans. If you don't like it, don't read and respond. As a news flash, we haven't exactly been dominant over Iowa. They have earned bragging rights.

Stayed away for a few days because this one hurt. You guys got two good ones for sure. The Hawks aren’t lacking at the LB position but losing a supposed Hawk fan to a LB coach that hasn’t coached a game is somewhat worrisome. Things are gonna get interesting in the West the next few years as the talent level for both teams is on the rise.

I’m also not sure if Honas was Iowa’s most wanted LB but not getting him opened the door to get a stud and start a pipeline in Georgia that has yielded a 5.7 RB that a publication has on the first team all Georgia offense.

Stayed away for a few days because this one hurt. You guys got two good ones for sure. The Hawks aren’t lacking at the LB position but losing a supposed Hawk fan to a LB coach that hasn’t coached a game is somewhat worrisome. Things are gonna get interesting in the West the next few years as the talent level for both teams is on the rise.

That LBer Coach played 8 years in the NFL and is the all time tackler in Nebraska football history.;)

I’m also not sure if Honas was Iowa’s most wanted LB but not getting him opened the door to get a stud and start a pipeline in Georgia that has yielded a 5.7 RB that a publication has on the first team all Georgia offense.

If I'm being honest with myself, we needed both those recruits more than Iowa did, and we got them. That's good. I'm excited for the Nebraska/Iowa game to have meaning and competitiveness again.

I'm excited to see how they develop, hopefully they become great players for the Huskers. I have a lot of faith in Coach Ruud's ability to bring them along. Right now, neither have played a down. We won't know more until they produce at the division 1 level.

Iowa has never knocked the doors down recruiting, but they're doing a fine job with recruiting to their system and developing players. They will be fine.

Success in college football is a precarious witch. Any program with a successful coach over the age of 60 (KSU, Iowa... Alabama) should look at Nebraska as a cautionary tale. Seems like the shoe is always on the other foot eventually. Alabama isn't going to be on top of the world forever either, it just feels like it.

I fully endorse bragging while you can, sooner or later we'll get our turn, then someone else, then back to Iowa, then someone else, then Nebraska.... Minnesota (nah, just kidding)...

Reactions: SWIowahawks
If I'm being honest with myself, we needed both those recruits more than Iowa did, and we got them. That's good. I'm excited for the Nebraska/Iowa game to have meaning and competitiveness again.

I'm excited to see how they develop, hopefully they become great players for the Huskers. I have a lot of faith in Coach Ruud's ability to bring them along. Right now, neither have played a down. We won't know more until they produce at the division 1 level.

Iowa has never knocked the doors down recruiting, but they're doing a fine job with recruiting to their system and developing players. They will be fine.
Well said. They are definitely trending up though. Iowa isn’t beating out MAC schools anymore. Highlight videos show a lot more athleticism than we have seen since the early 2000’s. I’m not sure what to think of the Newsome commit. I know he and Iowa separated along time ago. Don’t know if he straight up told Kirk he wasn’t interested or what.

Success in college football is a precarious witch. Any program with a successful coach over the age of 60 (KSU, Iowa... Alabama) should look at Nebraska as a cautionary tale. Seems like the shoe is always on the other foot eventually. Alabama isn't going to be on top of the world forever either, it just feels like it.

I fully endorse bragging while you can, sooner or later we'll get our turn, then someone else, then back to Iowa, then someone else, then Nebraska.... Minnesota (nah, just kidding)...
Amen to this. Which is why I don’t brag, especially on other people boards. I know this stuff is cyclical and Nebraska will have its run.

I think you might be confusing your 5.6 Georgia RB commit with our 5.7 Georgia RB commit.

I think you might be confusing your 5.6 Georgia RB commit with our 5.7 Georgia RB commit.
For some reason I was thinking he was a step below a four star, but you’re right. The rest of my comment still stands. Friday Night Football has Goodson on the first team offense. Thompkins isn’t listed an any of the first three teams but looks like a stud from his tapes. I would venture to guess we are both happy they have selected our respective schools.

Reactions: Reaper98C
For some reason I was thinking he was a step below a four star, but you’re right. The rest of my comment still stands. Friday Night Football has Goodson on the first team offense. Thompkins isn’t listed an any of the first three teams but looks like a stud from his tapes. I would venture to guess we are both happy they have selected our respective schools.

And then the Iowa fan took a look at the 2 RB's offer lists and walked away much like this...

And then the Iowa fan took a look at the 2 RB's offer lists and walked away much like this...

Nah, I’m not worried about an offer list in this case. Goodson’s coach even says that the SEC has a model they want in a RB. They want bigger backs, like Thompkins. Kirk stopped recruiting a four star that was high on Iowa after he received a silent commit from Goodson. I said a couple months ago that Goodson’s film was better than Brock’s, so I’m happy with it.

Nah, I’m not worried about an offer list in this case. Goodson’s coach even says that the SEC has a model they want in a RB. They want bigger backs, like Thompkins. Kirk stopped recruiting a four star that was high on Iowa after he received a silent commit from Goodson. I said a couple months ago that Goodson’s film was better than Brock’s, so I’m happy with it.

I'm going to trust D1 coaches on this one, and some of the best programs in the nation wanted Thomkins. He may be a decent sized back (5'11" 195 lbs) but he's no plodder. He has excellent speed and athleticism. He was labeled an athlete by some recruiting sites. Frost is looking to upgrade team speed as quickly as possible.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
It’s a message board. And I don’t think it will take long to get back to dominating Iowa like we did pre-Riley.

2013, Iowa beat Nebraska 38-17, which was the first time in my lifetime I had witnessed a Hawkeye win in Lincoln.

Iowa vs. Nebraska is developing into a rivalry.

LB Dillon Doyle was in for spring for Iowa. He is son of Iowa strength and conditioning coach and will be the next #43.

Pat Angerer and Josey Jewell both played wore the #43 well at Iowa.

Will Honas will be a junior this fall in the 3-4 at Nebraksa.

At end of the day, we have noticed the 3-4 at Wisconsin and the 3-4 at Nebraska.

Scott Frost said today in Chicago that Nebraska has some work to do, when it comes to rivalries.

Iowa signed Jayden McDonald, after Honas said Nebraska. Other B1G teams liked McDonald out of GA, as well.

In time, we will see it all sorted out. The rivalry has just begun.

The B1G West is getting more competitive, not less.

I'm going to trust D1 coaches on this one, and some of the best programs in the nation wanted Thomkins. He may be a decent sized back (5'11" 195 lbs) but he's no plodder. He has excellent speed and athleticism. He was labeled an athlete by some recruiting sites. Frost is looking to upgrade team speed as quickly as possible.
I watched some of his film when he committed and he is definitely a talent.

Thomkins is definitely the most talented RB we have in this class. Rahmir is probably faster, but Thomkins is much more polished in his running ability. He makes insanely quick cuts and even has the ability to set up multiple defenders in the open field to gain more yards and it's all very quick. Not many running backs at any level can see the field like this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT