Holy meteor, Huskers jump to #22!

Bugeater

Assistant Head Coach
May 29, 2001
Surprise, AZ via North Platte
I saw the fireball from my house! :eek:

This is getting kind of fun.
Meteor.jpg

It'll drop some come Wednesday or Thursday unless we land another R250 guy then we should remain top 25.

Most likely it will Tim. On a whole, it looks very solid. Could very well been close to #15 had a few others joined the mix, but overall very happy with the results so far. Hopefully this is a start of Nebraska trending up in quality players the next 3-4 years and seeing improved results on the field. GBR!

Most likely it will Tim. On a whole, it looks very solid. Could very well been close to #15 had a few others joined the mix, but overall very happy with the results so far. Hopefully this is a start of Nebraska trending up in quality players the next 3-4 years and seeing improved results on the field. GBR!

There's 3 of 22 positions we didn't get what was needed...
  1. Impact (2016 season) DE
  2. Second OT
    • IMO, not as big of a loss since top target Farniok is N
  3. Big bodied WR
We nailed
  1. QB
  2. RB
  3. Interior OL
  4. Slot WR's
    • Including potential return guys
  5. TE
    • Sure, could've added another but not necessary
  6. LB
  7. DB

2. Second OT
  3. Big bodied WR
We nailed
  1. QB
  2. RB
  3. Interior OL
  4. Slot WR's
  5. TE
  6. LB
  7. DB
I thought I read somewhere that Raridon was being viewed as being someone that could play OT. I feel pretty good about our DE situation hoping Neal shows us something this spring.

2. Second OT
  3. Big bodied WR
We nailed
  1. QB
  2. RB
  3. Interior OL
  4. Slot WR's
  5. TE
  6. LB
  7. DB

You see any DT's for next year they will go heavy after? I haven't looked that far out but I hope there are a few of them that are already leaning Nebraska's way.

2. Second OT
  3. Big bodied WR
We nailed
  1. QB
  2. RB
  3. Interior OL
  4. Slot WR's
  5. TE
  6. LB
  7. DB
Would big bodied WR be covered if Simmons commits, in your opinion? I know it's a long shot though.

I thought I read somewhere that Raridon was being viewed as being someone that could play OT. I feel pretty good about our DE situation hoping Neal shows us something this spring.

First I heard that. IMO, Raridon has unlimited potential inside. Brokop would be my guess if a choice had to be made.

You see any DT's for next year they will go heavy after? I haven't looked that far out but I hope there are a few of them that are already leaning Nebraska's way.

They have to, right? My guess is 2 minimum, gotta balance out the depth chart (scholarships) position.

Would big bodied WR be covered if Simmons commits, in your opinion? I know it's a long shot though.

Yes, assuming the discussion with him is as a WR. I know it was at one point, but that was months ago.

First I heard that. IMO, Raridon has unlimited potential inside. Brokop would be my guess if a choice had to be made.

They have to, right? My guess is 2 minimum, gotta balance out the depth chart (scholarships) position.

No doubt on that. Hopefully there are a few in state kids worthy of at least being walk on status for added depth as well.

Reactions: HuskerTimOmaha
Raridon said he was being recruited to play either OG or C at the Army Game. Brokop could play OT, as he's 6'5" and play OT in HS.

2. Second OT
  3. Big bodied WR
We nailed
  1. QB
  2. RB
  3. Interior OL
  4. Slot WR's
  5. TE
  6. LB
  7. DB

I know the coaches are bringing in Engelhaupt as H-back, but to me, he's an "athlete" grab. He might be another Reed guy they sort out later.

No doubt on that. Hopefully there are a few in state kids worthy of at least being walk on status for added depth as well.

Ya, there seems to be some heavy action on the W/O commitments over this past weekend. I think we're around 7 or 8 right now, if I had to guess I'd say 12 is the number they prefer to sign.

Ya, there seems to be some heavy action on the W/O commitments over this past weekend. I think we're around 7 or 8 right now, if I had to guess I'd say 12 is the number they prefer to sign.

That's good news. It would be nice to go back to winning that major battle. I know times have changed, but I guarantee there will be a few gems that come out of in-state kids that walk on.

ADVERTISEMENT