ADVERTISEMENT

Holy freakin' Hawkeyes!

we feel that we should generally win at least 2 out of 3 playing Iowa. And win at least half against Wisconsin.

There is a 16 year old next door that "feels" he should be entitled to living like his parents. Like him, you are in for a long hard road.

we feel that we should generally win at least 2 out of 3 playing Iowa. And win at least half against Wisconsin.

There is a 16 year old next door that "feels" he should be entitled to living like his parents. Like him, you are in for a long hard road.

Yeah, because our mediocre coach only had a .750 winning % against Iowa. Long hard road indeed. RollingLaugh

Not in the mood to create a new email. That mediocre coach told you what he thought of the portion of Nebraska fan base which feel entitled. Go ahead and keep your mindset. Time will play it all out.

Not in the mood to create a new email. That mediocre coach told you what he thought of the portion of Nebraska fan base which feel entitled. Go ahead and keep your mindset. Time will play it all out.

Oh, he told us, did he? That must be why he is coaching at Youngstown now. He sure told us.

Why would I not keep this mindset? Our entire history of playing Iowa is winning 2/3 of the games.

I won't go all "starter jacket" on you. Or bring up program stability. I won't talk about the fact that as an Iowa fan I get to watch year round athletics where my team is consistently competitive. I will simply respond the best way possible. Score board.

I won't go all "starter jacket" on you. Or bring up program stability. I won't talk about the fact that as an Iowa fan I get to watch year round athletics where my team is consistently competitive. I will simply respond the best way possible. Score board.

I guess if you say so. Might want to give this a gander. 10th in the B1G last year. Edit - Oops, my bad, 11th. Keep spinning..

http://www.nacda.com/directorscup/nacda-directorscup-current-scoring.html

Big Ladies bowling fan are you? Maybe cross country or golf? The income sports Football, baseball, basketball, wrestling. Iowa>nebraska. Things that are fun to watch iowa>Neb. You can have volleyball. Imo if you don't have a daughter on the team or if you are not young enough to date one of the players it's just weird for an adult male to watch college volleyball.

Hoosker Du needs a hug! If you are that easily baited by an admittedly drunk troll you have some issues!

Big Ladies bowling fan are you? Maybe cross country or golf? The income sports Football, baseball, basketball, wrestling. Iowa>nebraska. Things that are fun to watch iowa>Neb. You can have volleyball. Imo if you don't have a daughter on the team or if you are not young enough to date one of the players it's just weird for an adult male to watch college volleyball.

Wrestling and baseball are revenue sports??LOL! Good lord, you're poorly informed.

Our AD made a bad hire. When we get rid of Riley and get a good coach in here, which we will, then we'll own you in football again and things will be back to normal. We'll have the edge in football and you'll have the edge in basketball. Just like it's always been.

I love your sense of humor. In my short time in Iowa City, I've grown fond of Hawk fans, though I'm a little tired of the "Do you know how many Husker fans it takes to screw in a lightbulb?"* joke.

Men's basketball and football = You've got it, at least over the last three years. Baseball's a tossup, both teams having won a conference title (regular season/tourney) last year. You wanna get off watching wrestling? We'll watch women leap and kill.

* Answer: Three. One to screw in the light bulb and two to talk about how great the light used to be.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
I lived in Lincoln for 12 years so I have a feeling we are probably the inverse of each other. MOST people are able to enjoy a casual back and forth and think it's just good hearted trash talk. I am dead set that 1 of 2 things happens when you move to a different "culture." You either acclimate or you become very set in your heritage. It's all good fun, they are 18-20 year olds. My brother in law is a former Nebraska baseball player and he and I have some of the funniest, brutal, debates you can imagine but at the end of the day we just love our programs. (Though he was a transplant and pays way more attention to the Vikings now compared to when we first met.)

My favorite one was: you know what IOWA stands for right?

I would respond "It's Ohio Without A$$holes" and they would look at me bewildered.

Hoosker Du needs a hug! If you are that easily baited by an admittedly drunk troll you have some issues!

Translation: "I'm a Hawkeye fan, and you're offending my delicate ego while supporting a life-long also ran football program. So please stop it."

Last edited:
I see you as the kinda guy that if he had to sit in a room of mirrors would end up punching himself.

And I see you as a guy that spends his days off clamoring to get those Josey Jewel and Ricki Stanzi posters framed with the finest oak framing materials, so you can add them to the flock of other Iowa players on your paneled walls that have never won squat.

I've grown fond of Hawk fans, though I'm a little tired of the "Do you know how many Husker fans it takes to screw in a lightbulb?"* joke.

Iowa fans are just like Nebraska fans...minus the trophies. I used to go to Iowa City monthly for my job, and it's a nice little berg. The music scene isn't overwhelmingly great, but it's an OK place. Des Moines, on the other hand, is like an oversized outlet mall. Nothing much of value, but there's a lot of it.

I REALLY like the new tradition of saying "hello" to the peds cancer patients. Has very quickly become the best tradition in college football.

BTW, I just noticed...That's Max Fischer!! One of my favorite movies of all time.

Reactions: 9and4
FWIW west des moines and the western suburbs are consistently voted one of the best places to live in the nation. If anything has a "outlet mall" feel it's west Omaha with the exception of the best of the best neighborhoods. What was big money in the 90s is now just dated. Millard is the equivalent of Johnston (nw suburb) in DM. You have to remember I lived there and worked in both omaha and lincoln so im not just going to take your words at face value.

FWIW west des moines and the western suburbs are consistently voted one of the best places to live in the nation. If anything has a "outlet mall" feel it's west Omaha with the exception of the best of the best neighborhoods. What was big money in the 90s is now just dated. Millard is the equivalent of Johnston (nw suburb) in DM. You have to remember I lived there and worked in both omaha and lincoln so im not just going to take your words at face value.

And here they are...clockwork...like posers to Harleys, indigents to The Dollar Store, prom queens to The Gap...defending the boredom that urban sprawl offers up. That's just it, Des Moines is like one big homogenized suburb. I apologize for my initial post being a fly-by on your radar.

That's Max Fischer!! One of my favorite movies of all time.
I just wish we could post in Futura Bold.
2bc449d8c7b0da8c637bd38078ebe199--wes-anderson-brand-building.jpg

Reactions: Hoosker Du
Ahh... but at least I don't have to worry about my hen getting ran over by 55 a couple times a year by.......roosters(is that the analogy we are going for?)

Also you leave my walls out of this panel is coming back.

And...you don't have to be pestered by finding space for those annoying trophies. Building costs have skyrocketed, and think of all the dough $$$ you save by not having to put a trophy case in any new facilities.

Hahaha. I would strongly encourage you to visit Des Moines and get to know it. For example "east Siders" are a VERY different breed and almost have their own cultures.

I lived in Lincoln for 12 years so I have a feeling we are probably the inverse of each other. MOST people are able to enjoy a casual back and forth and think it's just good hearted trash talk. I am dead set that 1 of 2 things happens when you move to a different "culture." You either acclimate or you become very set in your heritage. It's all good fun, they are 18-20 year olds. My brother in law is a former Nebraska baseball player and he and I have some of the funniest, brutal, debates you can imagine but at the end of the day we just love our programs. (Though he was a transplant and pays way more attention to the Vikings now compared to when we first met.)

My favorite one was: you know what IOWA stands for right?

I would respond "It's Ohio Without A$$holes" and they would look at me bewildered.

I guess Lincoln is ok if you like railroad tracks and train whistles 24/7.

He’s from Council Tuckey. I remember him being outed last year about that. Apparently he’s a huge NU hater and likes to post Omaha crime stats and any other negative Nebraska news on the Herky board.
Actually I have friends who have played both FB & BB at Nebraska so I am not a hater, and Omaha crime stats have nothing to do with the University or sports, fwiw I was just trying get advise people to avoid certain areas and not getting shot. Also you are misinformed don’t live in CoBluffs but keep stalking.

Last edited:
I'm glad you're OK with being 1-3 vs Bo. Here's the deal though...we feel that we should generally win at least 2 out of 3 playing Iowa. And win at least half against Wisconsin. Mike Riley is 0-5 against Wisconsin and Iowa, with another loss probably coming the day after Thanksgiving. No coach will last at Nebraska with that record.
Yes, but this isn't the B12 or Big8 anymore. You're not Ohio State, you don't have the money or influence advantages you once had anymore. Michigan State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Penn State, Iowa are all money makers in the top 20. Everyone of us are bigger schools, with bigger Alumni, etc, etc. We all have actual good other sports programs also. I mean, you just need to wake up and realize you don't have the advantages you used to have. You don't play Iowa State yearly now, you play us. We're a different beast, as you may have now realized.

ADVERTISEMENT