ADVERTISEMENT

Holy freakin' Hawkeyes!

Mediocre?

Ferentz has been Big 10 Coach of the Year four times.

During his time at Iowa, the Hawkeyes have finished in the final Top 10 in 4 different seasons.

Can Nebraska say anything close to that over the past 19 years?

Since Iowa hired Ferentz , We've had 2 AD make 2 terrible hires on their own which after this year most likely will give us 4 losing seasons in 55 years. Ferentz has had 4 losing seasons at Iowa in 19 years..

Congrats on Beating the Buckeyes but being rated in the top10 5 times what about the other seasons under Ferentz 19 seasons? That's where Mediocre comes in.

Bo Pelini was 3-1 against Iowa. That tells me all I need to know about Iowa. Sure, Iowa can pound on a Riley-coached team. But during a less than average period of Nebraska football, Iowa was 1-3.

Since Iowa hired Ferentz , We've had 2 AD make 2 terrible hires on their own which after this year most likely will give us 4 losing seasons in 55 years. Ferentz has had 4 losing seasons at Iowa in 19 years..

Congrats on Beating the Buckeyes but being rated in the top10 5 times what about the other seasons under Ferentz 19 seasons? That's where Mediocre comes in.
2 of his losing seasons were his first two seasons. In 17 seasons since then there have been some mediocre seasons for sure. There have also been some fantastic seasons in there. A couple other top 25 finishes in there other than the 5 top 10 seasons. I am happy with his body of work and also where the future of the program is headed. If you consider his body of work mediocre, fine, but you probably thought the same of Frank Solich at one time. I bet his 58-19 record that got him fired would be pretty attractive to you.

2 of his losing seasons were his first two seasons. In 17 seasons since then there have been some mediocre seasons for sure. There have also been some fantastic seasons in there. A couple other top 25 finishes in there other than the 5 top 10 seasons. I am happy with his body of work and also where the future of the program is headed. If you consider his body of work mediocre, fine, but you probably thought the same of Frank Solich at one time. I bet his 58-19 record that got him fired would be pretty attractive to you.

One of AD I mentioned fired him... 58-19 I was fine with...

You're wrong about rankings besides the 5 top 10 finishes Iowa has only been ranked once in the top 25.

Reactions: SiouxCityHawkFan
Apparently that nap didn't go well. Again, the thread is about Iowa you are just coming across as biter. If you don't want to read or hear about Iowa don't open the thread.

And as I've said before...many times...if you want to post articles about Iowa, do it on an Iowa board. Articles on Iowa don't belong on a Nebraska board.

And give "bitter" a try. We would like to maintain proper word usage here, if at all possible.

One of AD I mentioned fired him... 58-19 I was fine with...

You're wrong about rankings besides the 5 top 10 finishes Iowa has only been ranked once in the top 25.
But many were not happy with Solich's results. It wasn't just Peterson if I remember his name correctly.

But many were not happy with Solich's results. It wasn't just Peterson if I remember his name correctly.

Steve Pederson...

Well of course many were not happy, after Osborne won 3 of 4 national titles the fan base became spoiled..

That is what winning all the times does same thing with Oklahoma, Alabama,USC and Notre Dame at one time or another.

If I would have known Pederson was wanting to hire Wannsdt over Solich at the time I would have been very upset..

Yeah husker fan that started a thread about a blue blood getting taken to the house.... this is a Nebraska board..harumph. Far be it an Iowa fan would contribute on a thread about Iowa. You know what you guys need? More threads about frost.. That's the ticket for a lively and engaging board. We don't want to read about another big 10 program we need more Frost. HARUMPH. Your defensive because your football team is bad it ok man. You have a lot of trophies to think fondly of and will be back to winning someday.

Reactions: Arbitr8
Bo Pelini was 3-1 against Iowa. That tells me all I need to know about Iowa. Sure, Iowa can pound on a Riley-coached team. But during a less than average period of Nebraska football, Iowa was 1-3.

Pelini went 3-1 during the second-worst four season stretch of Iowa football since 1979. Don't get too proud of your former mediocre coach (who was better than your current bad coach).

Pelini went 3-1 during the second-worst four season stretch of Iowa football since 1979. Don't get too proud of your former mediocre coach (who was better than your current bad coach).

Pelini, who admittedly was mediocre, was 3-1 against your current coach. Go whine to someone else.

Ohio State, which had averaged 51 points over the past six games and scored eight straight touchdowns on Nebraska, went scoreless for seven consecutive possessions after the game was tied at 17 midway through the second quarter.
Ohio State, which had averaged 51 points over the past six games and scored eight straight touchdowns on Nebraska, went scoreless for seven consecutive possessions after the game was tied at 17 midway through the second quarter.

Since you just want to go back 19 years, NU has had 3 top 10 finishes in that time. If you want to add 5 years more to that add 4 more plus 3 NC's.

Iowa with 4 Top 10 finished in previous 18 years under Ferentz means finishing Top 10 one in every 4-4.5 years. You think that's outstanding for a place like Iowa or no? Personally I think it is. Just note: Expectations at a place like Iowa is really no higher or no lower than at a place like Nebraska.

How many schools during the past 19/19 years can claim to have finished Top 10 4 different times? Nebraska, as you've pointed out, is not one of them.

I'll say bu-bye now, since you probably won't be around tomorrow. Happy trails..

Iowa with 4 Top 10 finished in previous 18 years under Ferentz means finishing Top 10 one in every 4-4.5 years. You think that's outstanding for a place like Iowa or no? Personally I think it is. Just note: Expectations at a place like Iowa is really no higher or no lower than at a place like Nebraska.

How many schools during the past 19/19 years can claim to have finished Top 10 4 different times? Nebraska, as you've pointed out, is not one of them.
Again Frydaze. 5 top 10 finishes. 03, 04, 05, 09, 15

Reactions: ThriceHawk

Plenty
Alabama
Oklahoma
Ohio State
Florida State
Florida
Oregon
USC
Texas
Etc Etc.
I'm not going to look up any more facts maybe you should.

Plenty
Alabama
Oklahoma
Ohio State
Florida State
Florida
Oregon
USC
Texas
Etc Etc.
I'm not going to look up any more facts maybe you should.

Well your list compiled is less than 5% of all programs and most all are blue bloods except Iowa and a couple others.

Thanks for proving my point!

Hoosker Du, hating harms the hater more than the hated. I will pray for you, you could use some counseling.

And that wasn't exactly a great era for Hawkeye football either, you beat very mediocre Iowa teams in that period. The second Iowa started getting some groove was the second Nebraska couldn't hang anymore.

And that wasn't exactly a great era for Hawkeye football either, you beat very mediocre Iowa teams in that period. The second Iowa started getting some groove was the second Nebraska couldn't hang anymore.
The second Nebraska hired a terrible HC you mean. This isn’t “exactly a great era for Nebraska football”.

Iowa sucks.

Iowa sucks.

Hoosker Du, hating harms the hater more than the hated. I will pray for you, you could use some counseling.

Pelini, who admittedly was mediocre, was 3-1 against your current coach. I know, it's painful to you guys, but try not to make it so obvious.

We evaluated where you guys were as a program, and decided a few losses to Bo stung, but certainly wasn't the end of the world.

I'm glad you're OK with being 1-3 vs Bo. Here's the deal though...we feel that we should generally win at least 2 out of 3 playing Iowa. And win at least half against Wisconsin. Mike Riley is 0-5 against Wisconsin and Iowa, with another loss probably coming the day after Thanksgiving. No coach will last at Nebraska with that record.

ADVERTISEMENT