ADVERTISEMENT

Holding

Sounds good headcase
giphy.gif.cf.gif

Never been in the Nebraska-gets-picked-on camp, but I am amazed what some offensive linemen in this conference get away with. Was just watching the Indiana-Wisconsin game and the Badgers' right tackle completely whiffed on his block. Defender had a straight shot at the QB, so the OT grabs him by the back of the jersey with both hands. No flag, and UW completes a pass for a first down.

Perhaps by an act of God, QB gets sacked on the next series and fumbles.

Reactions: ATX Husker
Never been in the Nebraska-gets-picked-on camp, but I am amazed what some offensive linemen in this conference get away with. Was just watching the Indiana-Wisconsin game and the Badgers' right tackle completely whiffed on his block. Defender had a straight shot at the QB, so the OT grabs him by the back of the jersey with both hands. No flag, and UW completes a pass for a first down.

Perhaps by an act of God, QB gets sacked on the next series and fumbles.

Totally standard. They get away with murder.

The 2 holdings they called on our last scoring drive were total BS. I see blocks like the 2 that were called on almost every play.

of course then we proceed to have the block below the knees so it all didn’t matter anyway.

The 2 holdings they called on our last scoring drive were total BS. I see blocks like the 2 that were called on almost every play.

of course then we proceed to have the block below the knees so it all didn’t matter anyway.
I really didn’t get that chop block call.

I live in Iowa City, teach sports writing at the UI, and have a good rapport with my students. However, they are convinced that "everybody knows" that Nebraska is a dirty team, especially in the secondary. It's just a given. Thus, when their kicker talks trash after the game, the accepted opinion is that Nebraska had it coming because we're so dirty.
“Everybody knows”. You crack me up. Every single big 10 game is physical with trash talk. Are you dumb or blind.

“Everybody knows”. You crack me up. Every single big 10 game is physical with trash talk. Are you dumb or blind.
I'm certain you misread my post. Please try again. Also, an interrogative ends with a question mark, not a period.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT