ADVERTISEMENT

Holding

Moos or Frost need to draw a huge fine to get the media out of their slumber on this issue.
This. We have seen basketball coaches do it for decades.
The next time Frost sees a blatant hold by an opponent that isn’t flagged, he could force the officials to throw a flag on him. Get his “technical foul” so to speak. Maybe even go so far as to get himself ejected and fined. Let your players know you have their backs on this issue, and force some attention on the issue.
If Alabama’s opponents hadn’t been flagged for holding the entire season, you think Saban wouldn’t go ape s*** on the refs?

He never said F’er.. He said mother and stopped at that...

You either didn’t watch the game you didn’t hear it correctly and just read in the paper or heard it on your pathetic news station..
Don‘t tell me, explain that to the official he was berating. I’m sure he gave Frost extra credit for stopping at “You Mother...”. He probably had no clue what word came next 😏

Don‘t tell me, explain that to the official he was berating. I’m sure he gave Frost extra credit for stopping at “You Mother...”. He probably had no clue what word came next 😏
Right? This guy would never do such a thing
11694110776_d2738a0908_o.gif.cf.gif

And do Iowa fans really want to start a conversation about the morals of coaches?

I bet the number of holds called against Nebraska opponents in the last five years can be counted on one hand. Seriously.

Reactions: scarletred
And Austin Allen was suplexed after the whistle with no call, could have been seriously hurt. I have a feeling, that if roles were revered we would have seen a flag and would still have dozens of visitors talking about how “dirty” and “undisciplined” the play was.

I thought that was also illegal. Or is that just non-runners. I forgot how it's worded.

Reactions: headcard

Can’t wait till Fran this Basketball season he loves that Mother part.

F%$k iowa and the racist program. And f%$k the shitty little 10. Worst power 5 conference there is.

• Wow
Reactions: SkerInCo
F%$k iowa and the racist program. And f%$k the shitty little 10. Worst power 5 conference there is.

NFL Draft 2020 Picks by Conference
Division I FBS
1. SEC NFL Draft Picks: (63)
SEC NFL Draft First-Round Picks: (15)

2. Big Ten NFL Draft Picks: (48)
Big Ten NFL Draft First-Round Picks: (5)

3. Pac-12 NFL Draft Picks: (32)
Pac-12 NFL Draft First-Round Picks: 3

4. ACC NFL Draft Picks: (27)
ACC NFL Draft First-Round Picks: (3)

5. Big 12 NFL Draft Picks: (21)
Big 12 NFL Draft First-Round Picks: (5)

6. American NFL Draft Picks: (17)
American NFL Draft First-Round Picks: (0)

7. Mountain West NFL Draft Picks: (10)
Mountain West NFL Draft First-Round Picks: (1)

8. Conference USA NFL Draft Picks: (10)
Conference USA NFL Draft First-Round Picks: (0)

9. Independent NFL Draft Picks: (9)
Independent NFL Draft First-Round Picks: (0)

10. Sun Belt NFL Draft Picks: (7)
Sun Belt NFL Draft First-Round Picks: (0)

11. MAC NFL Draft Picks: (2)
MAC NFL Draft First-Round Picks: (0)

Division I FBS

Oh congrats. All that talent and this worthless conference cant win a championship.

Why has Nebraska had 377 defensive plays without a single holding call against the offense? Well, mainly because they did not have to hold in order to win! Well coached teams have few penalties. Nebraska is not a well coached team. Fire him now.

Reactions: KinnicksRightFoot
Why has Nebraska had 377 defensive plays without a single holding call against the offense? Well, mainly because they did not have to hold in order to win! Well coached teams have few penalties. Nebraska is not a well coached team. Fire him now.

Sick

Last edited:
Reactions: bigredhunter
How many holding calls did Iowa get? They key is to hold enough to be effective, but not enough to be caught. It takes smarter athletes that have been well coached to know where the line is.

• Haha
Reactions: baseball31ne
I believe it was last year that they announced that we had gone 25 B1G games (conference games) without a single offensive holding called on the opposing team. That’s 3 years without a single hold. If that’s not biased, I don’t know what is. The number 25 might be +\- a few but the number was jaw dropping.

That being said, if we cut out the boneheaded mistakes, we have between 5-7 more wins over the past 3 years. I don’t like blaming refs but the bias is obvious and very frustrating.

EDIT: @cubsker found the correct announcement below. It was 21 games without holding “on a pass play”, so I assume that doesn’t apply to running plays. Still 21 games without a conference opponent being called for holding us a bit absurd.

Last edited:
Holy Shit 25 games without the opponents in the Big 10 being called for holding as off last year...

I’m tempted to find the actual number, as I didn’t bother to fact check the announcers. I believe it was the NW game last year where that streak was broken.

Reactions: scarletred
When you talk about the struggles of our run D over the last several years you have to wonder how much this plays in. You're not telling me that opponents don't keep holding more and more when they see nothing is being called.

I’m tempted to find the actual number, as I didn’t bother to fact check the announcers. I believe it was the NW game last year where that streak was broken.

Believe it was the minnesota game in 18. Kugler was doing the game for BTN IIRC and was clearly fed the stat by Nebraska.

Believe it was the minnesota game in 18. Kugler was doing the game for BTN IIRC and was clearly fed the stat by Nebraska.

That definitely sounds right. I split tickets with my dad and it was one of the games I didn’t go to, as I was able to hear the stat on TV. Still would like to go back and fact check it, as the stat was pretty unbelievable, but believable if you’ve watched Husker football since joining the B1G.

It's not a coincidence. Our guys never put any pressure on the offensive line.

My how Nebbie has fallen! Excuses, excuses. You’ve learned well from your head coach. Do you folks really believe a center who has had snap problems all year can blame clapping from the sideline as a reason for snapping the ball 5 ft offline? You’re really going to buy into that?

Yes you’ve had the most penalties in the conference this year to date. That is typical of undisciplined, poorly coached teams. Good coaching teaches players to hold within the maximum extent of the rule but not to cross over to the obvious hold. Finally, you have a thug for a coach calling an official a “mother-xxxxxx” over a “possible“ motion call. Do you think that does you any favors with officials? Might that affect future calls?

I came over to your site looking for intelligent post-game discussion. What I found was whining. Your team will never get better until it learns to overcome mistakes by improving versus making public excuse after excuse.
Well then, make your visit short and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way back with your report to the Grand Wizard at the next kkk meeting.

If your a fan of a B1G west team, your team isn't good. You're a Big Drum fan right? You're team is terrible. and you have Bobby Disco, stupid. The originator of a trophy game that was never recognized. Tuck your chin, and shuffle away.

My how Nebbie has fallen! Excuses, excuses. You’ve learned well from your head coach. Do you folks really believe a center who has had snap problems all year can blame clapping from the sideline as a reason for snapping the ball 5 ft offline? You’re really going to buy into that?

Yes you’ve had the most penalties in the conference this year to date. That is typical of undisciplined, poorly coached teams. Good coaching teaches players to hold within the maximum extent of the rule but not to cross over to the obvious hold. Finally, you have a thug for a coach calling an official a “mother-xxxxxx” over a “possible“ motion call. Do you think that does you any favors with officials? Might that affect future calls?

I came over to your site looking for intelligent post-game discussion. What I found was whining. Your team will never get better until it learns to overcome mistakes by improving versus making public excuse after excuse.
Hey genius, the original poster was not making excuses for the huskers 10 holding calls this season. they were not trying to say we don't hold. they were making the point that having zero holds being called on your opponent this far into a season is well pretty freaking amazing. I shouldn't have to point this out to you, but you seem pretty dense. Maybe you need pictures, in crayon.

Division I FBS

National championships over the past 50 years:
Nebraska - 5
Rest of B1G combined - 3

Yeah... what a powerful conference this is.

Here's a part of a fun photo taken by an AP photographer at the Illinois game. It was published today in the Cedar Rapids Gazette as part of an Illini preview for Saturday's game versus Iowa.
Screen-Shot-2020-12-01-at-8.21.04-AM.png

Here's a part of a fun photo taken by an AP photographer at the Illinois game. It was published today in the Cedar Rapids Gazette as part of an Illini preview for Saturday's game versus Iowa.
Screen-Shot-2020-12-01-at-8.21.04-AM.png

Put this picture in the Sad thread.. much Appreciated for doing so.

Reactions: 9and4
ADVERTISEMENT