ADVERTISEMENT

Holding

headcard

Nebraska Legend
Feb 2, 2005
What is the deal with holding penalties in the B1G? Why are we constantly on the wrong side of this? I know our lines aren’t what we want them to be, but still a hold is a hold: this just seem ridiculous at this point. But I suppose there is nothing we can do, the B1G will just continue to “teach Nebraska a lesson” and everyone else will act like this is perfectly normal.

Last edited:
it would appear the game is afoot - rest assured as we have some of our finest sleuths on the case

VBs95l9RhNeILFmtR0cD5q_fL_E3tMrkAWscGqJiyz3YN8ZIKCd1cmm5fRPMOoildEhhM73K807bVIhtjqLdD71NM_uD3KvXPbeEbQ0amu6gx6ZSqx-yjNsfhOFxa03UBwq-vq6y6J9LqDlJWgrrCbmBuP5ZRE_AIYd5t-_IKw

Last edited:
Reactions: KinnicksRightFoot
You've been told before that there IS an effort to punish Nebraska and prevent a rise. People don't want to listen because we haven't done ourselves any favors and it sounds like sour grapes, but it is happening.

I’m not even sure if it is debatable. Some want to ignore it because it sounds like “excuses” or whatever, but it’s crystal clear. And all our other issues still exist, even if you admit this. It’s pretty messed up how widely accepted it is, no integrity what so ever. Punishing the team for being new to the conference or wanting to play football is just ridiculous, especially when you look at some of the issues at other schools currently, is wanting to play football really that bad? Should the student athletes be getting screwed over like this because of it?

Last edited:
What is the deal with holding penalties in the B1G? Why are we constantly on the wrong side of this? I know our lines aren’t what we want them to be, but still a hold is a hold: this just seem ridiculous at this point. But I suppose there is nothing we can do, the B1G will
Just continue to teach Nebraska a lesson and everyone worse will act like this is perfectly normal.

Is that true?? WTH???

Reactions: headcard
They even had during the Minnesota game in 2018 that was the first accepted holding call on opposing B10 team in 2 YEARS! The game is on YT if ppl don't believe me. First Qtr - they call back a TD, the announcers couldn't believe it.

Great breakdown on his twitter page. A hold on a run up the middle goal line play is unheard of. There should be a lawsuit and discovery, but it would be a VERY bad look to complain more about this publicly. There is something going on.

Would it be a bad look for, say, a group of gamblers to file suit claiming collusion by the Big 10 cost them money and materially damaged their livelihood? The goal here, of course, being discovery.

• Haha
Reactions: KinnicksRightFoot
Maybe try to quit holding? Many times, a team with allot of holding penalties is poorly coached and lacks guys up front that can get the job done. It is tough to lose, but constantly blaming it on the refs just does not look good. When the Huskers win, we hear nothing of it.
You wouldn't hear about it if you stayed on your own board. Weird.

Maybe try to quit holding? Many times, a team with allot of holding penalties is poorly coached and lacks guys up front that can get the job done. It is tough to lose, but constantly blaming it on the refs just does not look good. When the Huskers win, we hear nothing of it.

Of course. A normal amount is expected, but when it's THIS slanted, there is something else going on.

What is the deal with holding penalties in the B1G? Why are we constantly on the wrong side of this? I know our lines aren’t what we want them to be, but still a hold is a hold: this just seem ridiculous at this point. But I suppose there is nothing we can do, the B1G will just continue to “teach Nebraska a lesson” and everyone else will act like this is perfectly normal.

In the Iowa game a Husker clearly hit an Iowa player who was out-of-bounds. Yellow flag rightfully came out. Later in the game a Husker got hit by an Iowa player when they both near the sideline. The Husker was clearly off the field when he had completely freed himself from the first Iowa player when a second Iowa player clearly hit him. No flag.

In the Iowa game a Husker clearly hit an Iowa player who was out-of-bounds. Yellow flag rightfully came out. Later in the game a Husker got hit by an Iowa player when they both near the sideline. The Husker was clearly off the field when he had completely freed himself from the first Iowa player when a second Iowa player clearly hit him. No flag.
And Austin Allen was suplexed after the whistle with no call, could have been seriously hurt. I have a feeling, that if roles were revered we would have seen a flag and would still have dozens of visitors talking about how “dirty” and “undisciplined” the play was.

And Austin Allen was suplexed after the whistle with no call, could have been seriously hurt. I have a feeling, that if roles were revered we would have seen a flag and would still have dozens of visitors talking about how “dirty” and “undisciplined” the play was.

They already are. After the game, they were calling us dirty shit talkers. That we were deliberately trying to hurt their guys. It's like ummm... GO watch the film.

Reactions: headcard
They already are. After the game, they were calling us dirty shit talkers. That we were deliberately trying to hurt their guys. It's like ummm... GO watch the film.
Their hypocrisy knows no bounds. We are shit takers, yet their coach and kicker are the ones running their mouths. Nebraska players are dirty, yet they tired to murder a player after the whistle. Our coach is classless for having a potty mouth, but they defend decades of allegations against their coaches. It’s like they don’t even listen to themselves.

My how Nebbie has fallen! Excuses, excuses. You’ve learned well from your head coach. Do you folks really believe a center who has had snap problems all year can blame clapping from the sideline as a reason for snapping the ball 5 ft offline? You’re really going to buy into that?

Yes you’ve had the most penalties in the conference this year to date. That is typical of undisciplined, poorly coached teams. Good coaching teaches players to hold within the maximum extent of the rule but not to cross over to the obvious hold. Finally, you have a thug for a coach calling an official a “mother-xxxxxx” over a “possible“ motion call. Do you think that does you any favors with officials? Might that affect future calls?

I came over to your site looking for intelligent post-game discussion. What I found was whining. Your team will never get better until it learns to overcome mistakes by improving versus making public excuse after excuse.

Moos or Frost need to draw a huge fine to get the media out of their slumber on this issue.
Something needs to be done. But I am afraid that approach might backfire. The national media is already lining up to take shots at Nebraska, so I'm not sure they would even care, it's pretty unethical and potentially a big story so I could be wrong.

My how Nebbie has fallen! Excuses, excuses. You’ve learned well from your head coach. Do you folks really believe a center who has had snap problems all year can blame clapping from the sideline as a reason for snapping the ball 5 ft offline? You’re really going to buy into that?

Yes you’ve had the most penalties in the conference this year to date. That is typical of undisciplined, poorly coached teams. Good coaching teaches players to hold within the maximum extent of the rule but not to cross over to the obvious hold. Finally, you have a thug for a coach calling an official a “mother-xxxxxx” over a “possible“ motion call. Do you think that does you any favors with officials? Might that affect future calls?

I came over to your site looking for intelligent post-game discussion. What I found was whining. Your team will never get better until it learns to overcome mistakes by improving versus making public excuse after excuse.

Sweet. first post, can't wait for more. Care to comment on the actual holding calls and no calls? There are pictures and stats in this very thread, or are just here to run your mouth? I think I already know the answer.

Also, I'm not sure an Iowa fan really wants to start a pissing match over the ethics of the respective coaching staffs.

Last edited:

He never said F’er.. He said mother and stopped at that...

You either didn’t watch the game you didn’t hear it correctly and just read in the paper or heard it on your pathetic news station..

Shut the FXXX up and go start another Husker football thread on the Iowa football forum.

I live in Iowa City, teach sports writing at the UI, and have a good rapport with my students. However, they are convinced that "everybody knows" that Nebraska is a dirty team, especially in the secondary. It's just a given. Thus, when their kicker talks trash after the game, the accepted opinion is that Nebraska had it coming because we're so dirty.

Reactions: leodisflowers
I live in Iowa City, teach sports writing at the UI, and have a good rapport with my students. However, they are convinced that "everybody knows" that Nebraska is a dirty team, especially in the secondary. It's just a given. Thus, when their kicker talks trash after the game, the accepted opinion is that Nebraska had it coming because we're so dirty.
Good to hear from you 9and4.

Now honestly, WTF is wrong with those people? If anyone in the country should put their head down and keep their mouth shut, it’s Iowa.

Reactions: 9and4
ADVERTISEMENT