ADVERTISEMENT

Holding

Don't forget, it's the timing too. Taking a game winning TD off the board vs. a meaningless 4th quarter hold in a blowout are wayyyy different things. I imagine the numbers are even more egregious if that's taken into account.

Reactions: headcard
Wow, that graph certainly supports why the Iowa linemen are regarded as some of the best, and that many end up in the NFL. Great coaching has shown them that they can get the job done without having to hold. The other end of the graph supports the idea of both poor coaching and the lack of athleticism at those positions. What an eye opener. Can I share this graph?

• Haha
Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Wow, that graph certainly supports why the Iowa linemen are regarded as some of the best, and that many end up in the NFL. Great coaching has shown them that they can get the job done without having to hold. The other end of the graph supports the idea of both poor coaching and the lack of athleticism at those positions. What an eye opener. Can I share this graph?
this is opponents called for holding, not holding calls against

yet another genius iowa fan, I see. try reading for us just one time, inbred.

Maybe try to quit holding? Many times, a team with allot of holding penalties is poorly coached and lacks guys up front that can get the job done. It is tough to lose, but constantly blaming it on the refs just does not look good. When the Huskers win, we hear nothing of it.

Truth. Its not gonna be appreciated here but truth nonetheless.

Not like there are pictures and videos or anything. What’s even the point in denying it?

I have seen the videos. Not even close to a hold on the touchdown. Not sure how you can say otherwise. That was good old fashioned moving your boys out of the way. Fact.

The Alaric Jackson one. seemed like a pretty good hold your block and release to me.

The wide receiver one. Would have to see a little closer. To far away to tell if he is actually holding on to him. It seems your defender could have made a better effort to spin away. Had he done that, and the receiver was holding, it would have been called imo. Not sure if that one was a hold or not, TBH. However, there are many holds that are missed in a game. They could have called holding about 6 times on your oline during that game.

I mean it’s not the truth and there are pics and video clips on this very thread showing exactly that. Why Iowa gets this charity, I have no idea, but here we are.

Whhaaa…. We lost again and I am going to make stuff up so I can feel better about myself.

Reactions: EdgeCat
I have seen the videos. Not even close to a hold on the touchdown. Not sure how you can say otherwise. That was good old fashioned moving your boys out of the way. Fact.

The Alaric Jackson one. seemed like a pretty good hold your block and release to me.

The wide receiver one. Would have to see a little closer. To far away to tell if he is actually holding on to him. It seems your defender could have made a better effort to spin away. Had he done that, and the receiver was holding, it would have been called imo. Not sure if that one was a hold or not, TBH. However, there are many holds that are missed in a game. They could have called holding about 6 times on your oline during that game.

Coming from the Hawk fan.. Ok..

if there is any truth to this and it has been going on for the amount of time alleged then there need to be sweeping changes within the athletic department starting with resignations of the AD and those who directly report to them

• Haha
Reactions: WHCSC
if there is any truth to this and it has been going on for the amount of time alleged then there need to be sweeping changes within the athletic department starting with resignations of the AD and those who directly report to them

Because we can't get a holding call? Even for you, that's pretty out there.

Because we can't get a holding call? Even for you, that's pretty out there.

leadership isn’t about identifying problems it is about effecting change to address these problems and doing so in a manner that does not harm the business or reputation of the company - the big ten in this case - at large

so either Neb leadership doesn’t/hasn’t identified it as a problem or they have been extremely impotent in addressing it

resignations are in order if the holding conspiracy is true

• Haha
Reactions: WHCSC
leadership isn’t about identifying problems it is about effecting change to address these problems and doing so in a manner that does not harm the business or reputation of the company - the big ten in this case - at large

so either Neb leadership doesn’t/hasn’t identified it as a problem or they have been extremely impotent in addressing it

resignations are in order if the holding conspiracy is true
giphy.gif

Edited - I understand now.

Yeah - that's crazy. The b10 definitely has it out for the huskers.

Last edited:
Is this really 3 pages of nebraska fans claiming there is a conspiracy to keep their football program down by having the b10 officiating crew call phantom holding penalties against them, especially at crucial junctures of the game?

Y'all can't be that color blind... can you?

The argument isn't holding calls called against Nebraska.

It's the lack of holding calls called against Nebraska opponents.

Try to keep up.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Made up? Red the thread. Stats. Pics videos.

I read the thread. If the stats are true, then I would say your team needs to get more disciplined. Going 2 years without a hold called for you is definitely a bit head scratching though. I will give you that.

As far as the Iowa game goes. Pics, of holds?? GTFO. Now the videos. Seen them and already posted my comments on them. The td and Alaric Jackson play were not holds. Not even close really.

if you are armed with the facts/truth about something so egregious as what is being alleged and are unable to highlight and effectively make a case for restitution/reparations then you have ineffective leadership

possible scenarios

1. conspiracy theory is true and leadership is just figuring it out

2. Conspiracy theory is true and leadership has been ineffective at addressing

3 Conspiracy theory is bat shit crazy but leadership believes it and is pursuing

4. Conspiracy theory is bat shit crazy and is recognized as such

Any scenario other than #4 should be associated with the AD and his reports moving on.

The AD job is more than just coming in, over paying for a native son as football coach and then putting your feet up and relaxing because the fact that your coach is a former player makes winning or losing immaterial

if you are armed with the facts/truth about something so egregious as what is being alleged and are unable to highlight and effectively make a case for restitution/reparations then you have ineffective leadership

possible scenarios

1. conspiracy theory is true and leadership is just figuring it out

2. Conspiracy theory is true and leadership has been ineffective at addressing

3 Conspiracy theory is bat shit crazy but leadership believes it and is pursuing

4. Conspiracy theory is bat shit crazy and is recognized as such

Any scenario other than #4 should be associated with the AD and his reports moving on.

The AD job is more than just coming in, over paying for a native son as football coach and then putting your feet up and relaxing because the fact that your coach is a former player makes winning or losing immaterial
Or instead of “conspiracy theory”. Stats are stats, pics are pics, vids are vids.....

Or instead of “conspiracy theory”. Stats are stats, pics are pics, vids are vids.....

fair enough -replace conspiracy theory above with facts and the only way athletic department leadership shouldn’t be shown the door is if the alleged facts aren’t true - otherwise you have a clown show that has allowed this to go on for too long

Last edited:
Here's a part of a fun photo taken by an AP photographer at the Illinois game. It was published today in the Cedar Rapids Gazette as part of an Illini preview for Saturday's game versus Iowa.
Screen-Shot-2020-12-01-at-8.21.04-AM.png
And if he would have done a swim move around him, it likely would have been obvious and would have been called. Like I said, if you don't create pressure, you're not going to get holding calls.

Reactions: 9and4
Holding
Is Nebraska called too much for offensive holding? Probably not. Our offensive line has underperformed this year, so 10 in five games is probably about par for us.
Are Nebraska's opponents not called enough for offensive holding? Yeah. Zero total in five games is pretty sketchy, though not enough to call for a full-fledged investigation into the league.
Is it simply bad luck? To a great extent, but don't think there's also not a little bit of self-fulfilling prophesy going on. Alaric Jackson is a sure-fire NFL player, so there's no way he held Ben Stille, right? Tyler Linderbaum is a Rimington Award candidate, so he couldn't have been holding Damien Daniels, right?

Clapping
Obviously, it's not Iowa's fault that Cameron Jurgens can't snap straight or at the right height. But it's pretty bush league for Iowa to have a coach/manager trying to throw off Nebraska's offense by clapping in opposition to Martinez's claps to get the offense started at the same time. And the dean of Big Ten coaches probably shouldn't lie about it in the post-game press conference.

Overall
Nebraska hasn't been good for several years, and we get that. Losing has been deserved in nearly every one of the 38 losses over the past six seasons, dating back to the BYU Hail Mary to start off Riley's ill-fated 2015. But for the love of Pete, it doesn't seem like we get many breaks from anybody — the football gods seem to have a pretty bad hard-on for the Huskers — and watching officials call inconsistent games usually in the favor of our opponents just adds to the sense that we're getting the raw end of just about everything. The media piling-on from the likes of Desmond Howard, Paul Finebaum and Nicole Auerbach just add to the frustration.

But let's not let paranoia get in the way of our better judgement.

Last edited:
Holding
Is Nebraska called too much for offensive holding? Probably not. Our offensive line has underperformed this year, so 10 in five games is probably about par for us.
Are Nebraska's opponents not called enough for offensive holding? Yeah. Zero total in five games is pretty sketchy, though not enough to call for a full-fledged investigation into the league.
Is it simply bad luck? To a great extent, but don't think there's also not a little bit of self-fulfilling prophesy going on. Alaric Jackson is a sure-fire NFL player, so there's no way he held Ben Stille, right? Tyler Linderbaum is a Rimington Award candidate, so he couldn't have been holding Damien Daniels, right?

Clapping
Obviously, it's not Iowa's fault that Cameron Jurgens can't snap straight or at the right height. But it's pretty bush league for Iowa to have a coach/manager trying to throw off Nebraska's offense by clapping in opposition to Martinez's claps to get the offense started at the same time.

Overall
Nebraska hasn't been good for several years, and we get that. Losing has been deserved in nearly every one of the 38 losses over the past six seasons, dating back to the BYU Hail Mary to start off Riley's ill-fated 2015. But for the love of Pete, it doesn't seem like we get many breaks from anybody — the football gods seem to have a pretty bad hard-on for the Huskers — and watching officials call inconsistent games usually in the favor of our opponents just adds to the sense that we're getting the raw end of just about everything. The media piling-on from the likes of Desmond Howard, Paul Finebaum and Nicole Auerbach just add to the frustration.

But let's not let paranoia get in the way of our better judgement.
Probably correct on all accounts.

Reactions: 9and4
Must say it’s quite impressive the high and mighty Huskers have resorted to the ways of Penn State and conspiracy theories. Best of luck next year . Maybe you won’t get another gift first down conversion and the Hawks will have a Quarterback that can find the ocean when he’s standing in it.

Must say it’s quite impressive the high and mighty Huskers have resorted to the ways of Penn State and conspiracy theories. Best of luck next year . Maybe you won’t get another gift first down conversion and the Hawks will have a Quarterback that can find the ocean when he’s standing in it.
The hawks are as sucky as the huskers. Bad time for Nebraska, normal for Iowa.

Are you also thins obsessed with Penn State? It would make sense, as they are so superior to Iowa. It just isn’t healthy.

Bad time for the last 20+ Years ?
I mean 6 years, but whatever helps you with your inadequacy issues. The last 20 years haven’t been up to Nebraska standards, but prior to Pelini being fired, we were still far superior to Iowa.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Are you also thins obsessed with Penn State? It would make sense, as they are so superior to Iowa. It just isn’t healthy.
I mostly wanted to see what you guys were saying after the game. I’m a Frost fan and have encountered him several times... never seemed like a guy to make excuses back then. I guess you adjust to the crowd you’re surrounded by. Hopefully he can get the right people with him and straighten out your ship.

I mostly wanted to see what you guys were saying after the game. I’m a Frost fan and have encountered him several times... never seemed like a guy to make excuses back then. I guess you adjust to the crowd you’re surrounded by. Hopefully he can get the right people with him and straighten out your ship.
What excuses? You are still just talking out your ass, like all the other trolls.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT