ADVERTISEMENT

HOL radio reports

Thanks for these...

I sometimes wonder why these kinds of tweets are never posted by those who think Frost has lost the program.

I’m guessing that those in the locker room may be better plugged in than those on this board.
Yeah! Message sent and message delivered. I f**king love Nebraska football.

There are people who criticize you if you say one negative thing about frost which makes me want to say 100 things to piss them off. It’s not just posters.

It’s like the people who made it seem like the only reason wandale left was because his mom. Then a few questioned it and said there is more to it. And many of those people defended frost and said there is no way wandale left because of frost. Literally the next day we did find out wandale left for more reasons than his mom. So yes, there are frost apologetics who never question him and only defend him.

But many of us are in a prove it phase and are questioning Frost very seriously. And I think Moos put frost on notice with his comments about winning the west. If we don’t compete for the west or show vast improvement I do think moos will make a change. He knows what this program can be and should be. And 3 losing seasons is not even close no mater the circumstances

Do you know what a strawman is?

People don't criticize you for making "one negative thing". They criticize you for pretty much only saying negative things.

And I keep hearing about Frost apologists. Are there really any left? Wanting him to succeed doesn't make someone an apologist. I hope he makes it, but don't see how it will happen. I honestly feel next year is the end of the road for him here.

But seriously, who is defending and blindly following him? I just don't see that anymore. Is there anyone left that really is that way?

Do you know what a strawman is?

People don't criticize you for making "one negative thing". They criticize you for pretty much only saying negative things.

And I keep hearing about Frost apologists. Are there really any left? Wanting him to succeed doesn't make someone an apologist. I hope he makes it, but don't see how it will happen. I honestly feel next year is the end of the road for him here.

But seriously, who is defending and blindly following him? I just don't see that anymore. Is there anyone left that really is that way?
I don’t keep track of names. And that’s very negative that you don’t think he is lasting next year. I have said we are going 8-4 next year. However, we should not be happy with 8-4 after year 4 unless we win the west.

I mean...a coach they love is getting ripped...so they are sticking up for him. You stick up for family.

one of the keys of effective organized propaganda is to sufficiently disguise it so it doesn't appear so obviously coordinated

the propaganda minister needs some coaching

Last edited:
What would be worse? The players all jumping on Twitter and professing support for the coaching staff?

Or silence?

Some of you look absolutely ridiculous trying to manipulate this into a coaching or athletic department propaganda machine. The simplest explanation is these kids are seeing their coaches being questioned by douchebag “fans” and have, of their own accord, jumped to the defense of the coaches.

But yeah, Frost is behind all the player tweets.

Well I guess it's interesting that all of these posts come out today.. must be coordinated.. prob by the players themselves, but it still seems odd that players on a losing team have to come out and profess their love for the team, school, and coaches.

If this is just because some guys left, then the thin skin down in Lincoln really is bad.

What does it then say about players that have not put up a twitter love note?

Are they now not good teammates, and not getting a starting job?

I don't mind kids sticking up for their coaches.. heck they stuck up for Bo Pelini too..

But, I have to ask though, what is it about things that required this level of coordinated 'devotion' in the media today?

I swear in some ways, its starting to look like a cult a la North Korea style..

If I'm a parent, I'm actually now concerned.

Well I guess it's interesting that all of these posts come out today.. must be coordinated.. prob by the players themselves, but it still seems odd that players on a losing team have to come out and profess their love for the team, school, and coaches.

If this is just because some guys left, then the thin skin down in Lincoln really is bad.

I don't mind kids sticking up for their coaches.. heck they stuck up for Bo Pelini too..

But, I have to ask though, what is it about things that required this level of coordinated 'devotion' in the media today?

Do these players live in a vacuum???? Do you think they don’t see what is being said by a bunch of Dbag “fans” about their coaches???

I am grateful they are speaking out. If they didn’t, the look would be far worse... this isn’t about thin skin.

Unbelievable what people choose to believe about a unified voice from the players. I guess the simplest answer isn’t always right. All these guys are in a cult or suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Wandale and McCaffrey were the lucky ones who made it out alive.

Un-freaking-believable.

"Four legs good. Two legs baaaaaaaad."

Reactions: dinglefritz

It is odd. That’s all I know. It’s clearly coordinated and what does happen with the players who don’t post something? Is this a team vote thing?

Reactions: NikkiSixx
It is odd. That’s all I know. It’s clearly coordinated and what does happen with the players who don’t post something? Is this a team vote thing?

eventually all will capitulate and publicly declare their devotion

Obvious trolling is obvious trolling. Not even trying to hide it anymore.

They are keeping track of those who don’t tweet something supportive? If they don’t they will be voted off the island? How dumb is that?And why didn’t Bootle get the message, since he’s already off the island? Why isn’t he burning the place down?

Do these players live in a vacuum???? Do you think they don’t see what is being said by a bunch of Dbag “fans” about their coaches???

I am grateful they are speaking out. If they didn’t, the look would be far worse... this isn’t about thin skin.

Unbelievable what people choose to believe about a unified voice from the players. I guess the simplest answer isn’t always right. All these guys are in a cult or suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Wandale and McCaffrey were the lucky ones who made it out alive.

Un-freaking-believable.
A few days ago you said we shouldn’t believe what Frost says since it’s hyperbole. But now douchebag fans have more value in their words?

put your tinfoil hat back on. The players are bought in, they see the lies about their coaches and they're speaking out to support them. No one tells teenagers and 20-somethings anything. This is organic. An attack on their coaches is personal.

Obvious trolling is obvious trolling. Not even trying to hide it anymore.

They are keeping track of those who don’t tweet something supportive? If they don’t they will be voted off the island? How dumb is that?And why didn’t Bootle get the message, since he’s already off the island? Why isn’t he burning the place down?
It’s odd. It’s very odd that they are doing this. I’m not going as far as saying they are being held hostage. But it’s super odd and speaks to the culture being something not there yet and that’s concerning. If you gotta speak about culture and tell how great things are it’s probably not that great.
Most people I know who are unhappy in their relationship are the ones who post publicly how great things are for social media.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
put your tinfoil hat back on. The players are bought in, they see the lies about their coaches and they're speaking out to support them. No one tells teenagers and 20-somethings anything. This is organic. An attack on their coaches is personal.

it's like a spiritual awakening

c89303f36fcc108369f458db8d793c34.jpg

• Haha
It’s odd. It’s very odd that they are doing this. I’m not going as far as saying they are being held hostage. But it’s super odd and speaks to the culture being something not there yet and that’s concerning. If you gotta speak about culture and tell how great things are it’s probably not that great.
Most people I know who are unhappy in their relationship are the ones who post publicly how great things are for social media.
Would you prefer silence? That’s the problem with some of you guys… If these guys were silent, you would be complaining about no one coming to the coaches’ defense. There is nothing they can do that will please some of you…

Whatever they do, you’re gonna find something to nitpick.

Would you prefer silence? That’s the problem with some of you guys… If these guys were silent, you would be complaining about no one coming to the coaches’ defense. There is nothing they can do that will please some of you…

I would prefer if they got better at football. Or made better decisions in their votes to play games.

The fans that think this is some conspiracy about insane. You are literally getting the the words from the players that you love and support, telling you that they love it at NU but now you are calling them liars.

Not you timnsun, but the nutbars.

Classic avoidance. That’s not the question I asked. Given the choice, would you rather them tweet support or be silent? Those are the only two choices that I’m looking for an answer for.
The question you should be asking is why do they need to publicly support a coach after 3 years of a 7 year deal?

The question you should be asking is why do they need to publicly support a coach after 3 years of a 7 year deal?
Anyone with eyes can see there is some turmoil. It’s natural to speak up in support when you see turmoil if you support the object of the turmoil.

I thought you could figure that one out without my telling you.

Now, what would be more concerning? If the players didn’t say a damn thing? Or is it more concerning that they are supporting the coaching staff? I know the right answer, you obviously don’t want to give credence to it because it would undermine what you’ve been saying about the coaches.

Wow, you are really getting creative with this one. Players supporting each other is the sign of a bad culture? Sure, makes sense.

Reactions: Bigred_b1624
The players are having fun with this. And why shouldn't they troll douchenozzle fans? They're on the brunt end of a lot of undeserved criticism.
the players have never reacted to fans on this or any other board.. this has nothing to do with fans.. who have been much more vocal about things in the past than anything in the last 36 hours.

this is a coordinated effort to shore up a question about a culture problem because some guys left and the coaches are worried about losing more and or it's effect on recruiting.

Reactions: Tuco Salamanca
Anyone with eyes can see there is some turmoil. It’s natural to speak up in support when you see turmoil if you support the object of the turmoil.

I thought you could figure that one out without my telling you.

Now, what would be more concerning? If the players didn’t say a damn thing? Or is it more concerning that they are supporting the coaching staff? I know the right answer, you obviously don’t want to give credence to it because it would undermine what you’ve been saying about the coaches.
I don’t think the players need to say anything. All this falls squarely on the coaches and the man in charge. I rarely say anything bad about players. But maybe it’s good the players and the coaching staff are hearing from us douchebag fans. Maybe it will push them a little harder to put a good product on the field instead of losing and saying “everyone can see this is going on the right direction “. So many people want players who get in another’s players face and tell that player to get in gear. Well some of are those fans telling frost to get in gear. So maybe we will see some better results since he isn’t comfortable to just lose

the players have never reacted to fans on this or any other board.. this has nothing to do with fans.. who have been much more vocal about things in the past than anything in the last 36 hours.

this is a coordinated effort to shore up a question about a culture problem because some guys left and the coaches are worried about losing more and or it's effect on recruiting.
RollingLaugh

I don’t think the players need to say anything. All this falls squarely on the coaches and the man in charge. I rarely say anything bad about players. But maybe it’s good the players and the coaching staff are hearing from us douchebag fans. Maybe it will push them a little harder to put a good product on the field instead of losing and saying “everyone can see this is going on the right direction “. So many people want players who get in another’s players face and tell that player to get in gear. Well some of are those fans telling frost to get in gear. So maybe we will see some better results since he isn’t comfortable to just lose

Yep a classic tale. Player X was going to just quit, but then he remembered some douchbag was going to call him names on the internet again, so he dug deep and got the job done. LULZ

Reactions: timnsun
Yep a classic tale. Player X was going to just quit, but then he remembered some douchbag was going to call him names on the internet again, so he dug deep and got the job done. LULZ
No I’m saying the coaches might hold themselves a little more accountable if they know fans aren’t buying it anymore. Frost can feel the uncomfortableness and that’s a good thing. Might make him work a little harder

Yes that’s the culture we want. Let’s not focus on football but let’s focus on our Twitter game.
Yeah, that’s what us fans are most excited about. Their Twitter game.

You must think we are the biggest morons alive if you believe that...

ADVERTISEMENT