ADVERTISEMENT

HOL radio reports

Touché.

I do think McCaffrey can improve, for the record. And if he stayed on, certainly could have helped. But he left. Frost is still in charge. And I don’t have any sway one way or another whether that changes or not.

Would it be better if I said Frost will never be a good coach as more and more seem to be doing? I can’t do that...
I’m not saying that either. I have never even said he should be fired. But I have questioned him and for some on here questioning him or criticizing him is sac religious. If you don’t support Frost 100 percent you are not a true fan.

For the record I am 100 percent for the transfer portal because if used properly it could really help us but again, I don’t think we are using it properly as the big name guys transferring aren’t coming here since our staff doesn’t seem to have the connections.

Because of the Covid thing as had this not even been around, there would be no choice and those players wouldn't have voted against it. Frost is weeding out the disension in the locker room and is pretty much all gone now. 1 heart, 1 mind, 1 team and now the culture can grow.

I am pretty sure every time someone has left the program over the past 3 years, Frost has been weeding out the the disension in the locker room and the cancers are pretty much gone now.

I’m not saying that either. I have never even said he should be fired. But I have questioned him and for some on here questioning him or criticizing him is sac religious. If you don’t support Frost 100 percent you are not a true fan.

For the record I am 100 percent for the transfer portal because if used properly it could really help us but again, I don’t think we are using it properly as the big name guys transferring aren’t coming here since our staff doesn’t seem to have the connections.
I agree frost is not above criticism. And I’m not saying this is you, but there are some on this board who have written him off completely and will not budge. I guess that’s why there are people like me who are extreme in the other direction. We push each other to extremes and the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Personally, I just don’t gain anything from badmouthing the coaches constantly (again, not saying this is you).

Reactions: egaRdeR
Thanks for these...

I sometimes wonder why these kinds of tweets are never posted by those who think Frost has lost the program.

I’m guessing that those in the locker room may be better plugged in than those on this board.
We see these every year. I appreciate Dirk Chatelains article about hard to believe what Frost says anymore. And it’s not hyperbole what he says.

I am happy the players have confidence. I have said they can go 9-3 at worst 7-5. But I also never thought year 4 we would be happy with 7-5.

I agree frost is not above criticism. And I’m not saying this is you, but there are some on this board who have written him off completely and will not budge. I guess that’s why there are people like me who are extreme in the other direction. We push each other to extremes and the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Personally, I just don’t gain anything from badmouthing the coaches constantly (again, not saying this is you).
You have never bad mouthed a coach? Never once said anything bad about Bo, Diaco, or Riley?

Let’s not bring a job into this.. Given a scholarship to play sports it’s the same as staying or leaving for a different job for 25-40 years of your life..

Given?

They are earned by a ton of hard work.

And when you are 18, the next 4-5 years of your life is a HUGE deal.

You can but there are requirements you have to meet in order to do that. For instance many universities require that IF you want to graduate you have to take at minimum number of hours at THEIR institution in order to graduate. It used be that your last 60 hours I think had to be on their campus at many schools.
Yep

I am pretty sure every time someone has left the program over the past 3 years, Frost has been weeding out the the disension in the locker room and the cancers are pretty much gone now.
Just in remission...until the end of next season or possibly during spring ball.

You have never bad mouthed a coach? Never once said anything bad about Bo, Diaco, or Riley?
Read it again pal... I said I don’t gain anything by badmouthing the coaches CONSTANTLY. Don’t you think the word constantly is a key word to leave out?

Reactions: beaglehusker
Read it again pal... I said I don’t gain anything by badmouthing the coaches CONSTANTLY. Don’t you think the word constantly is a key word to leave out?
As much as you don’t like it the people on this board give a real pulse of husker nation. If all I did was listen to Steve Sipple Or other reporters I would think we are top 10 each year. They don’t want to lose access to the program so they never ask the tough questions.

Yes there are people too far against frost and people too far for him. But you constantly disregard Or criticize the people too far against him. When I think it’s just as bad as the people who constantly defend him.

Reactions: timnsun
We praised the new additions from Montana and USC. But we don’t call them losers or quitters because they bailed on their team. So we enjoy the portal when it benefits us but when it hurts us the portal should be gone?

Much like we criticize and question what Lubick does then say it is an indictment on the culture that he would leave.

Basically this site is bipolar.

As much as you don’t like it the people on this board give a real pulse of husker nation. If all I did was listen to Steve Sipple Or other reporters I would think we are top 10 each year. They don’t want to lose access to the program so they never ask the tough questions.

Yes there are people too far against frost and people too far for him. But you constantly disregard Or criticize the people too far against him. When I think it’s just as bad as the people who constantly defend him.
Which is why I said it’s somewhere in the middle. Or did you not finish reading my post?

Reactions: egaRdeR
We see these every year. I appreciate Dirk Chatelains article about hard to believe what Frost says anymore. And it’s not hyperbole what he says.

But I also never thought year 4 we would be happy with 7-5.
We don't have to be happy, but 7 and 5 would be progress, albeit slower than expected, and at this point of the journey, I would take it because it's something to build one. An unrealistic expectation that we deserve 10 wins a year is not helpful. The constant peering into the rear view mirror to draw comparisons to past great teams is counterproductive. We are who we are. Are we improving? That's the question.

What I see is some literally only post how bad Frost is. Like that is the only thing they will say.

I don't see anyone only saying good things about Frost and not seeing issues.

I think that is the difference. And really this site isn't the real feel of the fans across the board. Most fans aren't nearly as invested to sit here and argue on a random Thursday afternoon. Most of the casual fans are tired of losing but still support the coaches and team.

This site is more cease pool than a reflection of reality.

Goodness - all these player tweets of love and harmony coming out in bunches all at the same time

almost appears like organized propaganda

Reactions: NikkiSixx and WHCSC
weird.....i wouldn't think political affiliation has anything to do with it?
Well Nebraska is a very republican state minus Omaha. And studies have shown most Republicans followed Trump blindly. So yeah. I think you could make it political affiliation if you wanted to. Same way you can make it millennial vs boomers.

Goodness - all these player tweets of love and harmony coming out in bunches all at the same time

Exactly. Follow it blindly. Now with rondale gone who will they use in all the videos they post on twitter to show how great things are?

Reactions: NikkiSixx

Shocking that you would take that stance. No way that these kids heard all the noise and decided to show some solidarity. Nope, must be a grand conspiracy.

They even got the former players in on the conspiracy. Outrage!!!

The main leaders for not wanting to play bowl game are no longer in program: Mat Farniok, Warner, Robinson and Luke. Little Farniok probably left as fall out with Matt's position on player. ( Will leaving is my speculation)

Nice to know four guys ran the show. Smh at the entire cluster.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Well Nebraska is a very republican state minus Omaha. And studies have shown most Republicans followed Trump blindly. So yeah. I think you could make it political affiliation if you wanted to. Same way you can make it millennial vs boomers.
I really find this fascinating. So there are studies that show most Republicans followed Trump blindly?

I honestly figured the ones that were completely negative would by Trumpsters. You know, like the uncle Rico's that live in the past and think their generation was so tough.

Maybe everyone should put their age and political affiliation out there so we can figure this all out.

But back to the original question. Who are that ones that are following Frost blindly? I haven't seen that, but you must have some posters in mind.

I really find this fascinating. So there are studies that show most Republicans followed Trump blindly?

I honestly figured the ones that were completely negative would by Trumpsters. You know, like the uncle Rico's that live in the past and think their generation was so tough.

Maybe everyone should put their age and political affiliation out there so we can figure this all out.

But back to the original question. Who are that ones that are following Frost blindly? I haven't seen that, but you must have some posters in mind.
There are people who criticize you if you say one negative thing about frost which makes me want to say 100 things to piss them off. It’s not just posters.

It’s like the people who made it seem like the only reason wandale left was because his mom. Then a few questioned it and said there is more to it. And many of those people defended frost and said there is no way wandale left because of frost. Literally the next day we did find out wandale left for more reasons than his mom. So yes, there are frost apologetics who never question him and only defend him.

But many of us are in a prove it phase and are questioning Frost very seriously. And I think Moos put frost on notice with his comments about winning the west. If we don’t compete for the west or show vast improvement I do think moos will make a change. He knows what this program can be and should be. And 3 losing seasons is not even close no mater the circumstances

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT