ADVERTISEMENT

HOL radio reports

The main leaders for not wanting to play bowl game are no longer in program: Mat Farniok, Warner, Robinson and Luke. Little Farniok probably left as fall out with Matt's position on player. ( Will leaving is my speculation)

Unfreakin inconceivable, what a joke. Where is leadership when you need it. Frost made another big mistake allowing this vote.

Frankly the debate about playing in a bowl game really boils down to husker fans ego. The streak for not appearing in a bowl game would be broken and how they got there would be forgotten by must down the road. 2020 was a year unlike most. The season started late with the final add on game one week before the bowl season started. No real benefit for extra practice for the young players. Why waste energy over something that was nothing but a fan ego builder.

Frankly the debate about playing in a bowl game really boils down to husker fans ego. The streak for not appearing in a bowl game would be broken and how they got there would be forgotten by must down the road. 2020 was a year unlike most. The season started late with the final add on game one week before the bowl season started. No real benefit for extra practice for the young players. Why waste energy over something that was nothing but a fan ego builder.

I’d say those on the team who voted to play, in which were the majority, would disagree with this take.

I call shenanigans on that entire "report".

What an amazing coincidence -- the supposed "leaders" of not wanting to play in the bowl game are the exact same ones no longer with the program.

The main leaders for not wanting to play bowl game are no longer in program: Mat Farniok, Warner, Robinson and Luke. Little Farniok probably left as fall out with Matt's position on player. ( Will leaving is my speculation)
I remember several posters on here praising the players for chickensh*ting out of a bowl game. Now they are praising the purge of the leaders who voted no. Just another day in the Scott Lost era of Nebraska.

Because of the Covid thing as had this not even been around, there would be no choice and those players wouldn't have voted against it. Frost is weeding out the disension in the locker room and is pretty much all gone now. 1 heart, 1 mind, 1 team and now the culture can grow.
What a kool- aide drinking fool you are !!!!

Just a reminder that players vote the captains. This one isn’t on Frost.
While I agree that the team votes on captains, it’s my take that it’s actually much scarier knowing that these two guys (who were elected by their peers) have decided to leave the program.

The expectation is that Frost has had ample time to instill his culture within the program, meaning the guys elected as team captains (by their peers) should truly embody said culture and in-essence be an extension of Frost himself. As a result of our on the field performance, as well as the recent transfer events, my fear is that the team doesn’t truly believe in his vision and are therefore hesitant/resistant to wholeheartedly adopt it. This team desperately needs an identity to which they can lean and build upon.

I would be very interested to see how many other team’s captains (who were not graduating seniors) have put themselves into the transfer portal following the 2020 season. Something tells me that Nebraska would probably top that list.

While I agree that the team votes on captains, it’s my take that it’s actually much scarier knowing that these two guys (who were elected by their peers) have decided to leave the program.

The expectation is that Frost has had ample time to instill his culture within the program, meaning the guys elected as team captains (by their peers) should truly embody said culture and in-essence be an extension of Frost himself. As a result of our on the field performance, as well as the recent transfer events, my fear is that the team doesn’t truly believe in his vision and are therefore hesitant/resistant to wholeheartedly adopt it. This team desperately needs an identity to which they can lean and build upon.

I would be very interested to see how many other team’s captains (who were not graduating seniors) have put themselves into the transfer portal following the 2020 season. Something tells me that Nebraska would probably top that list.
Note: Warner was a walk on who basically was standing on the sidelines at the end of the season. Captain or not if you want to play football you go where you can play you don't just stand on the sidelines and stay.

Note: Warner was a walk on who basically was standing on the sidelines at the end of the season. Captain or not if you want to play football you go where you can play you don't just stand on the sidelines and stay.

That is the modern day kids motto.. If you don’t let me play I’ll take my ball with me despite other players are playing better than I’am..

Shit like this didn’t happen in the 70’s 80’s 90’s 2000..
You wait your turn if someone was better then you or you get better yourself..

That is the modern day kids motto.. If you don’t let me play I’ll take my ball with me despite other players are playing better than I’am..

Shit like this didn’t happen in the 70’s 80’s 90’s 2000..
You wait your turn if someone was better then you or you get better yourself..
I bet it would have happened in the 70s, 80s, 90s and 2000s if there had been a transfer portal and lax rules on sitting out after a transfer like there is now.

I bet it would have happened in the 70s, 80s, 90s and 2000s if there had been a transfer portal and lax rules on sitting out after a transfer like there is now.

Don’t you think the rule resembles the present times of being not patient and wanting EVERY THING RIGHT NOW, because we do not want to work for it and earn it but we want it given to us..🥴

Don’t you think the rule resembles the present times of being not patient and wanting EVERY THING RIGHT NOW, because we do not want to work for it and earn it but we want it given to us..🥴

coaches making millions can pack up and take their entire staff with them at a moments notice and if they underperform they have millions as a parachute to soften the failure - why shouldn't the kids have some freedom as well

when it is a young talented player that is leaving all the talk is of the need for patience and loyalty but if it is a likely noncontributor there is a sense of relief and the positive of an open scholarship

let the billion dollar industry figure out how to best deal with 18-21 yo kids exercising some choice

Last edited:
I call shenanigans on that entire "report".

What an amazing coincidence -- the supposed "leaders" of not wanting to play in the bowl game are the exact same ones no longer with the program.
The guys that left didn't all just decide to leave after the Rutgers game. This has been on their minds probably at least for the last half of the season. SO, if a guy is leaving and doesn't give a sh## about A. His teammates and B. His legacy as a Husker, why the hell would he want to play in a bowl game that means nothing and could just lead to an injury?

I have no doubt that the "report" is accurate. The Husker Online guys get their stories from guys in the locker room (relationships they've developed with players) and not the message boards. For this team, the best thing we can do at this point is flush this. Luke was the ONE guy I thought had a good chance of leaving after spring ball and that concerned me. Now his reps will go to a QB who wants to be here. Time to put this craptastic year behind us and look forward.

The guys that left didn't all just decide to leave after the Rutgers game. This has been on their minds probably at least for the last half of the season. SO, if a guy is leaving and doesn't give a sh## about A. His teammates and B. His legacy as a Husker, why the hell would he want to play in a bowl game that means nothing and could just lead to an injury?

I have no doubt that the "report" is accurate. The Husker Online guys get their stories from guys in the locker room (relationships they've developed with players) and not the message boards. For this team, the best thing we can do at this point is flush this. Luke was the ONE guy I thought had a good chance of leaving after spring ball and that concerned me. Now his reps will go to a QB who wants to be here. Time to put this craptastic year behind us and look forward.
41e965472cf092b8be0bd70a19d788c0.jpg

This is straight up twisting of the truth narrative. The word was Frost didn't want to play, and left it up to the players, and cue Martinez who then didn't want to play, and it was the defense that wanted to play. And now you have some marginal guys on offense saying bye.

It sure smells like that to some degree. That said, it also makes a lot of sense given the fact that those guys all bailed. The other guy IMO who likely didn't want to play was Mills. That would have been a pretty slim roster to go try to play in a bowl game with. Frankly I'm glad we didn't play. Nothing to gain IMO and plenty to lose.

This is straight up twisting of the truth narrative. The word was Frost didn't want to play, and left it up to the players, and cue Martinez who then didn't want to play, and it was the defense that wanted to play. And now you have some marginal guys on offense saying bye.
I don’t recall that Frost didn’t want to play. That’s was the assumption by many on this board, but when did frost say he didn’t want to play? Unless I missed something, which could easily be the case, Frost was talking about being tired after the Rutgers game, and a lot on here automatically assumed that meant Frost didn’t want to play.

Again, maybe I missed something. I am not plugged in like many others are.

I don’t recall that Frost didn’t want to play. That’s was the assumption by many on this board, but when did frost say he didn’t want to play? Unless I missed something, which could easily be the case, Frost was talking about being tired after the Rutgers game, and a lot on here automatically assumed that meant Frost didn’t want to play.

Again, maybe I missed something. I am not plugged in like many others are.
during his press conference, he basically cried about the season being so hard and what not.. he didn't feel there was any more gas in the tank to play a bowl game, then sort of said, well I guess I will let the players vote on it, but it was clear from that performance, he didn't want to play it. This coming from a guy just a few months earlier making the biggest stink in college football that they wanted to play, back when the whole season was in doubt.

Frost is an embarrassment to the university, the football program, and himself.

You only get 4 Years. So no reason to ride the bench when you can play somewhere else right away.

I don't, I think it is just fair. Why shouldn't they be able to leave. A typical college student can leave and go to a new school.

The idea of staying in one spot, no matter how things are going for you, is really weird to me. Are we all still working out first job ever? Or have we looked and accepted other jobs that we felt were better for us? Does that make us a quitter? Why not just wait it out at your first job, work harder and hope that your boss (that is roughly the same age of you) leaves or dies.

Reactions: jlb321
I don't, I think it is just fair. Why shouldn't they be able to leave. A typical college student can leave and go to a new school.

The idea of staying in one spot, no matter how things are going for you, is really weird to me. Are we all still working out first job ever? Or have we looked and accepted other jobs that we felt were better for us? Does that make us a quitter? Why not just wait it out at your first job, work harder and hope that your boss (that is roughly the same age of you) leaves or dies.

Let’s not bring a job into this.. Given a scholarship to play sports it’s the same as staying or leaving for a different job for 25-40 years of your life..

You can but there are requirements you have to meet in order to do that. For instance many universities require that IF you want to graduate you have to take at minimum number of hours at THEIR institution in order to graduate. It used be that your last 60 hours I think had to be on their campus at many schools.

Let’s not bring a job into this.. Given a scholarship to play sports it’s the same as staying or leaving for a different job for 25-40 years of your life..
I think there is some merit when it comes to coaches leaving that a kid should be able to as well. That said, I think the immediate eligibility rule is insane. IF you want to transfer, fine. There needs to be some disincentive IMO to leaving. JMO.

ironically ... those you are most against paying players may be fueling this phenomenon

if athletes are getting paid -- the power 5 schools are going to be able to fund the most -- if the pay is set high enough, there may be a financial downside to entering the portal where there is no guarantee of landing at another power 5 school

power 5 schools and the NCAA can counter this freedom of movement by placing some financial downside to leaving

my guess is that as the talk of paying players ramped up, the schools instead offered student athletes more freedom hoping to dampen the call to pay them

I think there is some merit when it comes to coaches leaving that a kid should be able to as well. That said, I think the immediate eligibility rule is insane. IF you want to transfer, fine. There needs to be some disincentive IMO to leaving. JMO.

Couldn’t agree more with this.. They just opened a big fan of warms and some of these players that won’t find a home that weren’t good enough after being given a chance to succeed...

Reactions: dinglefritz
We praised the new additions from Montana and USC. But we don’t call them losers or quitters because they bailed on their team. So we enjoy the portal when it benefits us but when it hurts us the portal should be gone?

We praised the new additions from Montana and USC. But we don’t call them losers or quitters because they bailed on their team. So we enjoy the portal when it benefits us but when it hurts us the portal should be gone?
We don’t have to like the portal but we have to play the game. If. Have players entering the portal, then we better be ready to take guys from the portal. Just because we got some good players doesn’t mean I think the portal is awesome now when it benefits us.

That’s silly for you to think this about people who aren’t enamored with the portal. All you’re doing is trying to fan the flames. Which you’ve been doing a lot of lately.

We don’t have to like the portal but we have to play the game. If. Have players entering the portal, then we better be ready to take guys from the portal. Just because we got some good players doesn’t mean I think the portal is awesome now when it benefits us.

That’s silly for you to think this about people who aren’t enamored with the portal. All you’re doing is trying to fan the flames. Which you’ve been doing a lot of lately.
No. I’m saying the same people who bash players for leaving and call them quitters are the same ones praising the guys who join us from other programs. It’s hypocritical.

Reactions: Red I 73
No. I’m saying the same people who bash players for leaving and call them quitters are the same ones praising the guys who join us from other programs. It’s hypocritical.
Welcome to the real world. This is how it works. Not just at Nebraska, but everywhere. But thanks for putting a magnifying glass on husker fans only. Awesome.

It’s a husker board.
Sure is. And there’s blood in the water. Keep posting Facebook rumors and poking husker fans to stir the water. I’ve never been sure of your intentions on this board, and I’m still not sure. You might be a husker fan who just enjoys stirring the turds. Or you could be pretending and trying to create chaos.

At times, your posts are spot on. At times, they feel like an effort to create chaos. This is what an anonymous message board provides I guess.

I’m just frustrated, and unfortunately, it’s directed at you. Sorry for putting you in the crosshairs.

Sure is. And there’s blood in the water. Keep posting Facebook rumors and poking husker fans to stir the water. I’ve never been sure of your intentions on this board, and I’m still not sure. You might be a husker fan who just enjoys stirring the turds. Or you could be pretending and trying to create chaos.

At times, your posts are spot on. At times, they feel like an effort to create chaos. This is what an anonymous message board provides I guess.

I’m just frustrated, and unfortunately, it’s directed at you. Sorry for putting you in the crosshairs.
I would rather my posts stir the pot rather than others who think what’s going on is okay. Just like some people compare Luke mccaffrey to ell Roberson one week and the next week he wasn’t a loss at all and Frost is supreme leader who is always right.

I would rather my posts stir the pot rather than others who think what’s going on is okay. Just like some people compare Luke mccaffrey to ell Roberson one week and the next week he wasn’t a loss at all and Frost is supreme leader who is always right.
Touché.

I do think McCaffrey can improve, for the record. And if he stayed on, certainly could have helped. But he left. Frost is still in charge. And I don’t have any sway one way or another whether that changes or not.

Would it be better if I said Frost will never be a good coach as more and more seem to be doing? I can’t do that...

Edit: also for the record, I’m pretty sure I never referred to Frost as the supreme leader, and I definitely haven’t said he is always right.

ADVERTISEMENT