ADVERTISEMENT

HOL radio reports

why the hell would frost give them any kind of voice in the decision

for someone who knew early and often who was bought in and who wasn't, this doesn't really jive
Remember when Robinson and Luke came in how vocal they were and people were excited about their leadership? This last year the D was older and the O pretty young except for some linemen. You see the older mature guys returning on D and the young guns off to fulfill their dreams.

for someone who knew early and often who was bought in and who wasn't, this doesn't really jive

Frost thought they would have voted to play. Those close to the program say that if Frost had to do it over he would not leave it to a vote.

Remember when Robinson and Luke came in how vocal they were and people were excited about their leadership? This last year the D was older and the O pretty young except for some linemen. You see the older mature guys returning on D and the young guns off to fulfill their dreams.
I would say it's curious to see the losingest QB in Husker history's name absent from the list.

but, then again, he couldn't lead ants to a wedding cake, so I'm sure he just kept to himself.

Reactions: tarheelhusker
Maybe I’m not remembering the scenario clearly.... but for Rutgers game, didn’t Luke come out dressed for pregame warmups but at game time was dressed in sweats? No real reason given other than maybe stating he was ‘unavailable’?
Fast forward to yesterday and among Luke’s farewell message was, ‘I have been struggling with this decision for weeks.......’.
So did he inform coaches prior to kickoff that he was a no go than? If so, they knew of 1 no vote already for the bowl game so it was easy for the other offensive players to vote that way as well.

Because of the Covid thing as had this not even been around, there would be no choice and those players wouldn't have voted against it. Frost is weeding out the disension in the locker room and is pretty much all gone now. 1 heart, 1 mind, 1 team and now the culture can grow.

Because of the Covid thing as had this not even been around, there would be no choice and those players wouldn't have voted against it. Frost is weeding out the disension in the locker room and is pretty much all gone now. 1 heart, 1 mind, 1 team and now the culture can grow.

If it wasn’t for Covid we would not have had an opportunity to go to bowl game.

Wildcard, is this that you are saying here about “weeding out” actually so or speculation? Not going blustery at all - but just wanting to know.

We gonna pretend like half a week of practice and one more loss was gonna flip the program?

No but it’s a clear indication of who loves to play and who doesn’t. Just my opinion. I get it, a lot of other programs opted out but we’ve had 5 losing seasons in the past 6 years, we need to play as much as possible to get better.

No reason not to have a winning season this year then, correct?

Reactions: Wyldcard
I would say it's curious to see the losingest QB in Husker history's name absent from the list.

but, then again, he couldn't lead ants to a wedding cake, so I'm sure he just kept to himself.
I hadn't thought about it that way before but it's statistically true that Adrian Martinez has lost more games as the starting QB than anyone else in Husker history since the days of Bob Devaney. A dubious record for sure. Now of course folks can argue until the cows come home whether or not Adrian was responsible for all those losses but statistically at least he was the starting QB for those games.

I hadn't thought about it that way before but it's statistically true that Adrian Martinez has lost more games as the starting QB than anyone else in Husker history since the days of Bob Devaney. A dubious record for sure. Now of course folks can argue until the cows come home whether or not Adrian was responsible for all those losses but statistically at least he was the starting QB for those games.
with potentially 2 more full years to add to it!

forget NU, he might be the losingest QB in college football history when he unceremoniously is ushered out of town.

Reactions: Chuck003
So help me understand the premise here. Two of the players who were recruited by Frost, and apparently well respected by their peers we're not buying into the culture?

Anyone who thinks there is always going to be a 100% no questions asked buy in to any organization or goal, is dreaming. There are degrees of buy in and dedication at best and relatively few in any group can dedicate themselves unabashedly to the culture.

The main leaders for not wanting to play bowl game are no longer in program: Mat Farniok, Warner, Robinson and Luke. Little Farniok probably left as fall out with Matt's position on player. ( Will leaving is my speculation)

I don’t remember Frost leaving the program?

Reactions: stucknks
ADVERTISEMENT