ADVERTISEMENT

Hoiskers 17 point dog playing in Ioway City

scarletred

Nebraska Legend
Jun 17, 2001
Very tough match up defending Garza will be very difficult.. Need to get him in foul trouble like in Lincoln last year...

Don’t give Wieskamp and Fredrick open shots force them to let C.McCaffery take outside shots, he usually is a brick layer from the perimeter...

I would also get the ball to whoever Bohannon is pretending to guard and have him go directly to the basket - over and over and over again. A lot of teams don't make Iowa pay enough for Bohannon's complete disdain for playing defense.

Great point, he isn’t very good defending quicker athletes..

Last edited:
Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Iowa has a lot of defensive holes but usually make up for it on offense. JBo is a player you take the good with the bad sometimes as he is basically a non factor on the defensive end.

I think Neb can keep it close if they can hit some shots and maybe get Garza out of the game in foul trouble.

Reactions: scarletred
Very tough match up defending Garza will be very difficult.. Need to get him in foul trouble like in Lincoln last year...

Don’t give Wieskamp and Fredrick open shots force them to let C.McCaffery take outside shots, he usually is a brick layer from the perimeter...
I don't care win, lose, or draw. I am watching Eduardo Andre all game. Big learning experience for him

The starting lineup for iowa is full of punchable faces.....

71164196.jpg

Reactions: leodisflowers
Don't expect this one to be close in the 2nd half.
I'm going with iowa by 18.
Hope I'm off here on the 18 point win.
Don't get down. Nebraska will really gain ground next year.

I don't care win, lose, or draw. I am watching Eduardo Andre all game. Big learning experience for him
If Andre is on the court for more than 5 minutes Nebraska is toast. Either the other big men are in foul trouble or he is getting more late minutes in a blowout loss. He may develop into a decent defender but right now.... a long, long way to go.

If Andre is on the court for more than 5 minutes Nebraska is toast. Either the other big men are in foul trouble or he is getting more late minutes in a blowout loss. He may develop into a decent defender but right now.... a long, long way to go.
Unless Fred decides to go zone, Andre will play a bit more than that just spelling Walker. Like him or not, guarding Garza man-to-man is exhausting.

“If Andre is on the court for more than 5 minutes Nebraska is toast. Either the other big men are in foul trouble or he is getting more late minutes in a blowout loss.”

You haven’t been watching Huskers basketball as of late, have you? As of right now he’s basically the 7th guy in after Banton.

Vs Rutgers he had 15 minutes
Vs Minnesota he had 15 minutes
Vs Illinois he had 11 minutes

He scored a total of 16 points during those 3 games. Andre has really started to come on as of late, he’s playing some decent minutes and looks fairly good considering (now that his conditioning is catching up). Yvans minutes on the other hand have become none existent since Andre has really started to come on. Andre will no doubt be a solid player before he finishes his career here as a Husker center.

Last edited:
Reactions: SomedayHusker
And I won’t touch this game, let alone the points. Iowa could come into this game and beat the Huskers soundly. OR, the Huskers could show up and make a game of it and take it to the wire (like they have done a few times this year). The Huskers have started to play some solid basketball the last 2-3 games. So who knows, Huskers could come out with a win tonight and make it 3 in a row. Anything could happen 🤷🏽

It's too many points, that's the problem.
so many points.

also - sparty are +11.5 tonight in ann arbor. no clue when the last time an Izzo team was getting double-digit points in March, but would not be shocked if that's never happened before.

maybe iowa will pull a rutgers and shoot 10% from 3?

Worked last year in Lincoln, From my Iowa bias I think Iowa wins, No way I touch the point spread. I have been really impressed with how hard Nebraska has continued to play for Fred, He will get things turned around. Hopefully a good injury free game.

Reactions: bigboxes and 9and4
Worked last year in Lincoln, From my Iowa bias I think Iowa wins, No way I touch the point spread. I have been really impressed with how hard Nebraska has continued to play for Fred, He will get things turned around. Hopefully a good injury free game.
Should be fun for fans of both programs to watch. For us, it's about how this improvement will translate against a true top-notch team that features a Player of the Year candidate. For you, there's little chance of a loss, so you can enjoy it without all the "Iowa angst" that I've learned about the last four years living here.

Reactions: Scott559
Should be fun for fans of both programs to watch. For us, it's about how this improvement will translate against a true top-notch team that features a Player of the Year candidate. For you, there's little chance of a loss, so you can enjoy it without all the "Iowa angst" that I've learned about the last four years living here.

Sadly These are exactly the type of games that give me angst:(, My true Iowa fandom shows through.

Reactions: spliff45
Sadly These are exactly the type of games that give me angst:(, My true Iowa fandom shows through.
Dochterman had a good piece on it today in The Athletic. As of today, Iowa stands atop the Big Ten in several sports, is a top 5 team in basketball, has winning streaks in football against most of its major rivals, will win a national wrestling championship this year — and yet you bastards are always waiting for the other shoe to drop. Have fun! Enjoy the ride! I know we did back when ... well, you know.

Reactions: cecilB and Scott559
Thanks for the heads up on Scott’s article, I subscribe to the Athletic as well, Not sure how good the coverage is for Nebraska but I really enjoy the Iowa, Colts and Cubs coverage.

Gambling is a crap shoot. I'd take the points if I were betting

Thanks for the heads up on Scott’s article, I subscribe to the Athletic as well, Not sure how good the coverage is for Nebraska but I really enjoy the Iowa, Colts and Cubs coverage.
Scott's a friend, and his passion for covering the program and his interest of the program matches that of the fans. Mitch, the Nebraska beat guy, doesn't provide the same depth, at least not yet. But that's just my opinion, and it can be skewed by my friendship.

As a Cubs fan, how do you feel about the fact that it took a Nebraskan to buy the team in order to get over the World Series jinx?? Lol.....nice to have a decent iowa fan show up for once....:)

As a Cubs fan, how do you feel about the fact that it took a Nebraskan to buy the team in order to get over the World Series jinx?? Lol.....nice to have a decent iowa fan show up for once....:)

Nebraska/Iowa, We have our differences but in the end mostly all good Midwest people. I have to admit I really never thought I would see a Cubs Championship in my lifetime. ( Same with Iowa in FB or BB, Although I do think sadly this one is going to be reality, Unless maybe Warren Buffett buys Iowa:D)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT