ADVERTISEMENT

Hoiskers +11 Tonight vs Wisc

tenor.gif

• Haha
Reactions: nu2u and RedMyMind
Massive problem that we have is we dribble-penetrate, 3-4 defenders collapse on you, so in your head as an offensive playmaker SOMEBODY should be WIDE OPEN for a three...but you still try to score over 3-4 people and of course fail.
Yeah and McGowens is guilty of that too, but I still think the only time Nebraska even sniffs a half-court offense is when he controls the ball and attacks early in the shot clock. Banton handles the ball okay for a 6'9" guy, but that doesn't make him an effective point guard. He mostly just walks the ball up the court, looks around for a while and then the Huskers start from square one with about :10 left to shoot.

Fred should offer Saint Thomas from Millard North first thing tomorrow morning. He's a far better shooter than anyone on this current roster. Tell Lakes, Stevenson, Wood, Yvan, to move on to D-II ball next season.

Last edited:
Fred should offer Saint Thomas from Millard North first thing tomorrow morning. He's a far better shooter than anyone on this current roster. Tell Lakes, Stevenson, Wood, Yvan, to move on to D-II ball next season.

Correct if I’m wrong but I thought FH offered Saint Thomas already..

How can a team possibly have 24 conference losses in a row?

Last year a couple of more games would have been obtained if we would have had a better Free throw shooting percentage...

Last night reminded me of last year at the strip..

How is it possible for a D1 basketball team to go 7-17 from the FT line?

The FT thing is crazy. Its like there is pandemic that inflicts all transfers ensuring their FT % drops by 15-20% when they hit NU's roster. Teddy Allen shot 88% at Juco last year and he's 67% at NU. Webster shot 78% before NU and he's at 63%. McGowens shot 78% his fr year at Pitt and he's 64% at NU. Level of competition doesn't impact FT's - must be the curse of Moe Iba.

The FT thing is crazy. Its like there is pandemic that inflicts all transfers ensuring their FT % drops by 15-20% when they hit NU's roster. Teddy Allen shot 88% at Juco last year and he's 67% at NU. Webster shot 78% before NU and he's at 63%. McGowens shot 78% his fr year at Pitt and he's 64% at NU. Level of competition doesn't impact FT's - must be the curse of Moe Iba.
Losing is a sickness that infects every aspect of a program. Confidence doesn't exist on this team.

Losing is a sickness that infects every aspect of a program. Confidence doesn't exist on this team.
Our coach is super confident. And they have a fear of failure so maybe that’s why they fail a lot. Not afraid of it so it’s easy

In that first half you could see their confidence building. They were hitting shots, playing good D etc and then Teddy would have 3 ridiculous turnovers in a row and thing would fall apart. IF he would just play under control and not try to make the highlight reel passes or dribble in to trouble so much, he would be a much better player. His stupid stupid fouls lead to him not getting calls when he gets whacked and leads him to not getting the benefit of the doubt when he doesn't deserve one. IMO, more than anything, Teddy's sloppy play is what killed our mojo.

The refs giving call after call to Davison on his flops was a morale killer. Damn. That kid uses his own arm to push himself to the floor as somebody is driving past him and he draws the charge. As a player that kind of crap is demoralizing. Davison got 3 of those calls last night that were obvious flops. The officiating is just horrible. I watched on multiple possessions last night where a Wisconsin player would change pivot feet to enable themselves to get a pass around a defender on a cutter or give themselves a better point of attack to drive from. Tough for me to watch basketball like that.

How can a team possibly have 24 conference losses in a row?
A losing streak like this is hard to break because every next opponent will be extra motivated to play their best so as not to be known (and ridiculed) as the school to lose to a hopelessly bad basketball team.

Reactions: Oiler402
Just look at how stacked the BIG 10 is this season. Four teams in the top 10 and ten in the top 50 NET rankings. The Big East has only one team in the top 25 at this point and four in the top 50. If Creighton doesn't finish strong, they risk not making the tournament based on their NET ranking at this point. They have some horrendous losses on their record - 85 - Providence, 108 - Marquette, 111 - Georgetown, and 124 - Butler. Also have a bad narrow win vs 172 - DePaul.

Duke, NC, and Kentucky are all in the bottom 50 as well. Goofy year in basketball given the situation. Hoiberg gets a pass on this season but needs to get things going next year or else.

Yeah and McGowens is guilty of that too, but I still think the only time Nebraska even sniffs a half-court offense is when he controls the ball and attacks early in the shot clock. Banton handles the ball okay for a 6'9" guy, but that doesn't make him an effective point guard. He mostly just walks the ball up the court, looks around for a while and then the Huskers start from square one with about :10 left to shoot.

He is guilty of it, but either he or Webster should be the PG. I'm not sure where that leaves Banton. Banton needs to develop a better lateral hop move and work on his 3's from set spots.

Lack of talent and finding a game plan to make best use of that talent is also a sickness. NW has the last 80 year record for consecutive BIG losses at 32. Neb could definitely beat that record. If not, they will be awful close. The University of Chicago has the all time BIG consecutive losing conference record at 56 which will probably not be beat. But that was in 1941 and who the the hell are they?

Sooner or Later, one of these smokin' red-hot takes about Creighton missing the tournament has to come true.

Reactions: Tuco Salamanca
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT