ADVERTISEMENT

HOF game in Canton cancelled due to field conditons

bigboxes

Nebraska Legend
Sep 4, 2004
Arlington, TX
Lame. How did it ever get to this? A total failure by the Pro Football HOF. I thought that the Saints donated their old field to the HOF. Wouldn't professionals know how to safely paint the various types of field? They had a whole year to get this right only to fail at the last minute. Incredibly lame.

Reactions: HBK4life
Lame. How did it ever get to this? A total failure by the Pro Football HOF. I thought that the Saints donated their old field to the HOF. Wouldn't professionals know how to safely paint the various types of field? They had a whole year to get this right only to fail at the last minute. Incredibly lame.
rookies were upset that they cancelled it. Established vets were happy they cancelled it. Right or wrong my first reaction is...what a bunch of sissies.

I laughed, should have had a 7 on 7 from the 30 haha
There has to be a high school stadium roughly the same size as that one within 30 miles of there that they could have held the game at. Unbelievable.

Whoever scheduled a Tim McGraw concert on the night before the Hall of Fame ceremony and two nights before the biggest and (I think) the only football game of the year should have to answer some tough questions on the topic. Pretty poor management choices to say the least.

New turf(complete renovation of the stadium this summer). Concert 2 nights before the game and it rained just after the concert. Then the HOF got the wrong type of paint which did not dry correctly for the HOF logo @ the center of the field.

They have been having concerts for several years but probably should move the location of the concert after this mess. The city of Canton had no real culpability for this. Canton is no model city by any stretch of the imagination but not their fault on this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT