ADVERTISEMENT

Hodge decommitting

citing continuity as a primary reason for one team's success while, just a single paragraph later, heating up the seat of a pre-3rd year coach unless fairly drastic changes are seen is some galaxy brain posting.

I guess someone needs to bring you up to speed on expectations at both Iowa and Nebraska. Iowa is still satisfied with 8 win seasons 20 years in. Our fanbase won't be satisfied with 8 wins 4 years in. Does this really need to be revisited?

We were a Top 25 offense in Frost's 1st year, so my comments aren't directed at the offense nearly as much as they are the defense, because our defense has cost us decidedly more games than our offense. Having players not knowing their assignments after 24 games is on the coaching. It needs to improve dramatically next year, and if not, fans would be justified becoming more vocal.

I guess someone needs to bring you up to speed on expectations at both Iowa and Nebraska. Iowa is still satisfied with 8 win seasons 20 years in. Our fanbase won't be satisfied with 8 wins 4 years in. Does this really need to be revisited?

We were a Top 25 offense in Frost's 1st year, so my comments aren't directed at the offense nearly as much as they are the defense, because our defense has cost us decidedly more games than our offense. Having players not knowing their assignments after 24 games is on the coaching. It needs to improve dramatically next year, and if not, fans would be justified becoming more vocal.
I didn't see anything in your post about expectations or win totals. You cited longevity and familiarity as primary reasons iowa has had success and will continue to play us close, and followed that up just sentences later with veiled threats of what is justified should you not see fairly dramatic improvement (unquantified) in year 3.

Sorry for not being a mind-reader.

I didn't see anything in your post about expectations or win totals. You cited longevity and familiarity as primary reasons iowa has had success and will continue to play us close, and followed that up just sentences later with veiled threats of what is justified should you not see fairly dramatic improvement (unquantified) in year 3.

Sorry for not being a mind-reader.

There was nothing veiled about my comments, and they weren't threats. They are reality. If we as fans don't see progress next year, you tell me what the fanbase will do.

The main point of my post was that I disagreed that Iowa has great talent coming into their program, and that you have to give them credit for developing players. I think it's as simple as comparing recruiting rankings vs where a team ends up in the polls.

All I wanted to see this year is progress, and I think we ended up a lesser team at the end of this year vs at the end of last year. I have said that I think we have the potential to be a pretty productive offense next year, with returning all 11 starters. I am concerned that I'm not seeing the type of progress on defense that I believe we should be seeing. Fundamentally we haven't been a sound defense for both years under Chinander. I believe it is beyond a talent issue.

Not surprised you missed my point. You’re an Iowa fan and all... I’m not bragging about almost beating iowa. We lost.

But guess what? We’ve been pretty bad the last several years and it still game down to a field goal on the last play of the game each of the last two years for you. When things start clicking for the huskers, your prediction that it’ll be a long time before Nebraska beats Iowa will make you look as dumb as you do already, and you won’t have any defense for that.

Good job!
"Things start clicking for the Huskers"? They haven't been the same since they fired Solich because he only won 9 games a year. That win total =2018/2019 for Frost.

Recruiting junior colleges tells me the program is a long ways from being competitive.

"Things start clicking for the Huskers"? They haven't been the same since they fired Solich because he only won 9 games a year. That win total =2018/2019 for Frost.

Recruiting junior colleges tells me the program is a long ways from being competitive.
Man, you really are a disgrace to Mitch’s everywhere. I know. I’m one of them. Go back to the Iowa board.

What does that say for Iowa? You really make this way too easy... if we are a long ways from being competitive, why has Iowa struggled so mightily to beat the huskers the last two years?

What does that say for Iowa? You really make this way too easy... if we are a long ways from being competitive, why has Iowa struggled so mightily to beat the huskers the last two years?
So.......moral victories to a team that you currently have a 4 game losing streak to is progress for the Huskers?

Congrats... I guess.

So.......moral victories to a team that you currently have a 4 game losing streak to is progress for the Huskers?

Congrats... I guess.
are you going to the banner hanging ceremony for your bowl participation this year? I hear it's a can't-miss event in iowa city.

Reactions: headcard

Congrats... I guess.
Done trying to reason with you. You don't have the capacity for it. You barely beat 2 terrible husker teams. How will it be when we are clicking? I know, we aren’t yet, but it will happen.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Done trying to reason with you. You don't have the capacity for it. You barely beat 2 terrible husker teams. How will it be when we are clicking? I know, we aren’t yet, but it will happen.
You believe in Santa Claus too?

Don't confuse his tiny brain.

Reactions: timnsun
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT