ADVERTISEMENT

Hodge decommitting

Did he just visit SMU or is that coming up?

Pretty sure that was his first choice. Maybe something changed and they offered him.

I think the coaches are higher on the 2 JUCO LBs visiting this weekend (Mauga and Butler). Plus we are still in good shape with Kaden Johnson and Jared Ivey.

He doesn't sound like somebody who chose to decommit. Either NU got a silent from somebody further up their LB board or the staff learned something else that made them pull the offer such as he's not going to make grades (DISCLAIMER, I HAVE NO IDEA IF HIS GRADES ARE GOOD OR NOT).

The unfortunate part about not being allowed to comment on this stuff is that the kid and the staff will get dragged through the mud over it and we'll never really know the truth.

giphy.gif

This sounds like Iowa fans when a commit goes somewhere else. . Trying to spin it to look like we didn't want him. Seen it a hundred times.
Normally I'd agree with you. I thought he wanted to go to SMU, but someone posted a link up above to an article quoting him that looks like the coaches have backed off for some reason. I believe he was one of the JUCOs with 3 years to play as well. Since the cupboards are bare at LB for recruiting this year, it is odd. Either we have more LBs lined up the coaches think are better or something happened between him and the coaches.

He got and offer from Louisville then decomitted shortly after. Not sure if that had anything to do with it.

I think the coaches are higher on the 2 JUCO LBs visiting this weekend (Mauga and Butler). Plus we are still in good shape with Kaden Johnson and Jared Ivey.
If that was the case, why not ask Aho to move on? Hodge was the closest thing I've seen to a Lavonte David type. Aho looks like an Alex Davis clone.

Reactions: spinner4
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT