ADVERTISEMENT

Hire Frank Solich

Huskerz99

Junior
Oct 27, 2019
Not as head coach, but as kind of a co-head coach. Convince him to come back and teach Frost how to run a program. He has done very well at Ohio and has done some evolving. He is 76 so he does it for 3 Years and I bet we find success and show Frost a different recipe. I think it would be good for Frank where he is in his career to help bring back a program that kind of burned him. It would change his legacy at Nebraska which we all know looking back we would want a do over.
Frost would need to understand Frank would be a major part of it and not just a consultant. Crazy idea but Doc Sadler is doing it for Basketball and I think it will work.

Not as head coach, but as kind of a co-head coach. Convince him to come back and teach Frost how to run a program. He has done very well at Ohio and has done some evolving. He is 76 so he does it for 3 Years and I bet we find success and show Frost a different recipe. I think it would be good for Frank where he is in his career to help bring back a program that kind of burned him. It would change his legacy at Nebraska which we all know looking back we would want a do over.
Frost would need to understand Frank would be a major part of it and not just a consultant. Crazy idea but Doc Sadler is doing it for Basketball and I think it will work.
He's got Davison for that. He and Davison meet every single day........maybe we need somebody with some coaching experience to be meeting with Frost instead of one of his hunting buddies.

I wonder if Frank could still out bench press some of our current players on the offensive line. Winking

Pound for pound...he was/is a powerhouse for his size.

No but he can still put up a .500 season....
giphy.gif

Why stop there...Give T.O. a call while you're at it....Bo will be available soon...let's get the band back together...bring back Callahan to coach the O-line while we're at it....people are laughing at us anyway, how much worse could it get?

If we’re going to dig up fossils, find Bill Snyder for a 3 year consultant plan. I read that he only slept 4 hrs a night during the season because he was so meticulous in game planning. I think there is a Frost-Snyder connection.

Reactions: headcard
If we bring anyone let it be Brett Bilema to coach up these lines and consult on how to win in this league. The only ex coach I’d love to see come back is Marvin Sanders.

Last edited:
If we bring anyone let it be Brett Bilema to coach up these lines and consult on how to win in this league. The only ex coach I’d love to see come back is Marvin Sanders.

The lack of knowledge of our fan base never fails, Bielema has never coached OL and had one year on DL before he was moved on, he was a LB coach and DC.

Yeah. I mean we all wanted Frost 3 Years ago now half want him fired yesterday. So I would say about 100 percent of our fan base is delusional. Me included. But we are delusional together!!!

I don’t see half wanting him fired, but clearly what they are doing is not getting results that matter.

Reactions: scarletred
Yeah. I mean we all wanted Frost 3 Years ago now half want him fired yesterday. So I would say about 100 percent of our fan base is delusional. Me included. But we are delusional together!!!

Half wanting him fired isn’t realistic..But if this continues for the next year or two, all of Husker nation will wash their hands from him and be done with it...

Name another CEO that makes $5,000,000. per year that needs a tutor after three years at the helm. To do so now is basically admitting a blunder in the hiring process. The better option is to scapegoat then replace the top assistants and find a contract provision to make Verduzco payback his salary..

• Haha
Reactions: frydaze
Posts like this remind me why coaches are coaches and fans are fans. Hilarious

If the discussion for solich is brought up why not bring back the coach who’s had the most success outside of Nebraska as an assistant. Kevin Steele anyone??

If the discussion for solich is brought up why not bring back the coach who’s had the most success outside of Nebraska as an assistant. Kevin Steele anyone??

Like one poster said if we’re claming to bring back Solich we might as well ask TO to come out of retirement..🥴

Curious - how many other “successful” D1 programs have hired a coach to come in and coach the existing head coach? The fact that this suggestion gets brought up and discussed at length says a lot about the Scott Frost experiment.

Please tell me you didn't think of this plan, then thought so highly of it you'd come to this board with it and not think youd get ridiculed? The thought never crossed your mind that if you did half the posters would laugh their asses off at your post and the other half would call your idea idiotic?

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you were just trying to pick up a beaten down fan base by being humorous.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: cidsports
I like your idea:

Frank Solich as HC
Bill Callahan as OL Coach
Bo Pelini as DC
Mike Riley as QB Coach
Scott Frost as OC

All the coaches after TO might make a serviceable staff.

• Haha
Reactions: TampaBaySkers
ADVERTISEMENT