ADVERTISEMENT

Hickman

inWV

Offensive Coordinator
Sep 22, 2007
Could turn out to be a successful experiment, regardless of what happens to Manning and Betts. Kid likes to block and he is a big target. I see Brown and Wandale as a pair, Betts and Manning as another, with Kade and Hickman being a third pair that are willing to do a bit of everything. Why not be pollyannaish wrt WRs. If we get Manning or Betts or both, I think NU will be fine.
https://247sports.com/college/nebra...8kdVLgfevq0Ye24P8_YOg1LT1RcYi9VkOGCs1PK4jb3p8

Could turn out to be a successful experiment, regardless of what happens to Manning and Betts. Kid likes to block and he is a big target. I see Brown and Wandale as a pair, Betts and Manning as another, with Kade and Hickman being a third pair that are willing to do a bit of everything. Why not be pollyannaish wrt WRs. If we get Manning or Betts or both, I think NU will be fine.
https://247sports.com/college/nebra...8kdVLgfevq0Ye24P8_YOg1LT1RcYi9VkOGCs1PK4jb3p8
Does he have any speed?

I like having big bodied Hickman to help play the role of Manning during spring ball. He’s pretty light to be TE, but a nice hybrid piece could certainly be valuable.

Dated a firefighter from there...she was as cute as a button and had the weirdest life story you ever heard...and just the sweetest little thing ever. It's why I clocked on this thread actually, turns out we're talking about a person...
Clocked lightspeed?? I think you got ATLEAST one letter wrong!!

Dated a firefighter from there...she was as cute as a button and had the weirdest life story you ever heard...and just the sweetest little thing ever. It's why I clocked on this thread actually, turns out we're talking about a person...
Epic lite stories about dating.. popcorn ready carry on

Reactions: leodisflowers
Ran a 4.91 at the Sparq combine. So....
I'm betting with our S&C he could run faster than that now. I think Nate Swift was only in the 4.7 range and that Peterson kid was a tick slower than that as a senior. I would say they were pretty effective. We've got kids with more speed at WR but not with that kind of size and leaping ability.

Reactions: yunginsNU2
How does he compare to kyler reed?
Kyler Reed ran a great 4.43 40yd. Very underutilized. He benched 24 same as several OL that year. I think they’re a bit different but still similar as tweeners.
Reed was shorter. Hickman taller and lanky. Hope he develops well. Already praised for blocking is a great start.

Kyler Reed ran a great 4.43 40yd. Very underutilized. He benched 24 same as several OL that year. I think they’re a bit different but still similar as tweeners.
Reed was shorter. Hickman taller and lanky. Hope he develops well. Already praised for blocking is a great start.
Hickman is a RS freshman so he is still learning. He isn't going to be the straw that stirs the drink for the offense. But if it's true that he is a good blocker, he can be a much taller version of Kade. A guy that does the things needed for the offense to run well and can catch the ball and run with it. At 6-6, he is a mismatch for a lot of defenders simply because of that height.

When he was out there against Iowa, he at least looked the part. That helps, considering we haven't looked the part in a long time. Big, willing to block. Don't think he had a ball thrown his way and I didn't get a good sense of his speed.

Reactions: dinglefritz
ADVERTISEMENT