ADVERTISEMENT

HH v.s Purdue?

Sep 14, 2021
All week long I’ve been hearing from various Husker related podcasts how susceptible Purdue is to QB runs. I suspect they’ll have a package or two for him, but If they strike gold with it will they stick to it?

Not saying HH gets the start. What I’m saying is what if they have a package for him, and he ends up taking a QB counter to the house for 50+ yards? You’d be crazy not to stick with it.

Reactions: oldjar07
Not saying HH gets the start. What I’m saying is what if they have a package for him, and he ends up taking a QB counter to the house for 50+ yards? You’d be crazy not to stick with it.
What is crazier is the message it would send to the best QB talent we've had in decades - hey Dylan, go take a seat, we think HH gives us a better chance of beating Purdue. Head up though, we'll probably need you next week against Rutgers. Yikes.

If the scenario you present unfolds, you pat HH on the back for a job well done and put DR back under center the next series unless the game is no longer in question.

Reactions: saluno22
marcus and uncle donnie need a lot of help scheming and committing to the run game

gimmicks aren’t the answer

marcus and uncle donnie need a lot of help scheming and committing to the run game

gimmicks aren’t the answer
They need a lot of help blocking. How we don't have 5 solid O lineman by now is mind numbing. We win recruiting battles for guys who don't pan out while watching The Iowa and Indianas of the world have better Olines with low rated guys and walk ons. I love this staff but it has to be coaching. The odds we whiffed on every O line recruit are slim and none

They need a lot of help blocking. How we don't have 5 solid O lineman by now is mind numbing. We win recruiting battles for guys who don't pan out while watching The Iowa and Indianas of the world have better Olines with low rated guys and walk ons. I love this staff but it has to be coaching. The odds we whiffed on every O line recruit are slim and none
It’s not a secret

Our OL coach had never run his own room and had never recruited before he got here 3 years ago

This is his first big boy job, thus the results

I'm all about winning the game, and don't care if someone's feelings are hurt if we do the best thing we can to win the game.

I am in no way advocating for Haarberg to play this weekend. we have to figure it out up front and on the playsheet.

but this was awesome. unquestionably the moment our season peaked last year:

Should have known better to post this thread. Just trying to point out that the majority of rush yards Purdue has given up were by QB runs by both ND and OSU. I still doubt are run game will be effective in conference play, even against the likes of Purdue. I see it being up to DR through the air till proven otherwise.

Reactions: king_kong_
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT