Hey "libs," please help

franzix

Senior
Gold Member
Aug 25, 2003
My wife is going down the path to all of the weird stuff that JP Sears used to make fun of: Crystals, The Secret, transcendental meditation, etc. It's scary.

What I notice about many of these websites that are resonating with her are that they are run by "alternative health, fitness, chiropractic, etc," and that they all sell nutritional supplements. Similarly to a lot of the HCQ doctors, they are profiting through misinformation or dipshvttery.

For instance, this doctor that suggested COVID vaccines make the vaccinated magnetic has a nutritional supplement store:

http://www.drtenpennystore.com/supplements.html

She'll gladly sell you supplements that most people don't need because they eat food, and my wife has fallen for many like her.

Is there a long-form article that goes into these type of internet/IRL folks that make money on falsehoods? If you know of one that highlights lots of them, please let me know. TIA, and apologies in advance to Dr. Tenpenny fans.

Last edited:

HUSKERinLA

College Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2007
My wife is going down the path to all of the weird stuff that JP Sears used to make fun of: Crystals, The Secret, transcendental meditation, etc. It's scary.

What I notice about many of these websites that are resonating with her are that they are run by "alternative health, fitness, chiropractic, etc," and that they all sell nutritional supplements. Similarly to a lot of the HCQ doctors, they are profiting through misinformation or dipshvttery.

For instance, this doctor that suggested COVID vaccines make the vaccinated magnetic has a nutritional supplement store:

http://www.drtenpennystore.com/supplements.html

She'll gladly sell you supplements that most people don't need because they eat food, and my wife has fallen for many like her.

Is there a long-form article that goes into these type of internet/IRL folks that make money on falsehoods? If you know of one that highlights lots of them, please let me know. TIA, and apologies in advance to Dr. Tenpenny fans.
Sorry your wife has fallen prey to the cult of magic rocks and new age quackery. It's rampant here in La-La land (and argue it's less dangerous than Christianity but more expensive).

Here's a few resources:

Reactions: franzix

Husker Hank

College Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Jul 29, 2009
Sorry your wife has fallen prey to the cult of magic rocks and new age quackery. It's rampant here in La-La land (and argue it's less dangerous than Christianity but more expensive).

Here's a few resources:

Good luck with your theory.

You dont end up in hell by rejecting magic rocks.

Reactions: Bobfather

franzix

Senior
Gold Member
Aug 25, 2003

Here's a few resources:

Thanks.