ADVERTISEMENT

Hey, let's be optimistic: 7-5

We'll still beat Indiana and Purdon't, Maryland toss up. Little Red and Io_a, no way.

The worst thing that happened to this program was the talking heads crowing NU “the dark-horse for the college football playoff”

This is a young team. The tOSU game reminds me a lot of the 2007 USC game. We weren’t contenders but for some reason the media wanted to hype us and it really did more harm then good for our program. It made fans doubt and more importantly it made the players doubt just like it did in 2007. This team isn’t great by any means but playing much worse then it really is. Saturday was evidence of that. But this team is young. We just better hope they don’t lose total confidence in themselves. It will really set us back a ton. Fans actually do play apart in that too. Need to ease back. We’ve played the sky is falling card. Been playing it for 17 years. Where’s it gotten us? No where.

But we rag on kids tremendously and trust me, that’s not going to make them better. For example people point fingers and state Jurgens sucks. You find me another kid whose never played offensive line, that is starting as a RS freshman at dam Center and tell me he sucks. And Cams not why we lost Saturday.

We lost because Minnesota played great and we didn’t. We are young team who doesn’t know how to win yet. But the truth is, no matter how many boats PJ rows, he still coaching at Minnesota in front of 45k on a good day. Not exactly winning. We have something that only maybe Michigan and tOSU have in the big ten. An unbreakable fan base and in the end, winning will find a way.

Let Wisconsin go 4-8 two years and a row and see what that fan base does. We’ve already seen what it looks like when the Badgers lose, and it ain’t pretty. I will give it to Iowa fans though, not as strong as us but they heavily support a mediocre football team every year. At the end of the day, we have to remember these are just kids and kids we’ve followed since maybe they were 17 years old.

the funny thing about the 2007 USC game is everyone mocked at how bad our D-line was. Stated USC kid drive a truck through it. Well a boy named Suh was part of the line and he did ok. You just never know with young kids

I don't care how the record spins it. How you lose matters. Getting blown out by any team on our schedule is a setback. Personally, as the season currently stands, I was happier with last year even though we didn't go bowling. It seemed like a promise of good things to come. Our team showed heart and fought and kept even the tougher games close. Now, I truly do not know what the future holds for this team. It could be a very long and bumpy ride.

Last edited:
Reactions: SkerInCo
our team might win seven games without a kicker, without a good o-line,with a banged up quarterback,without a true i-back,and without support in some fans that are always ragging on our team,but there's a lot of fans that do back them up, i live about 1600 miles away but on saturdays i feel like im on the fifty yd. line.
Whose fault is that? Every single one of those things could have been mitigated if the staff took proper precautions but they didn't. When does the excuse making stop?

Reactions: American Horse
our team might win seven games without a kicker, without a good o-line,with a banged up quarterback,without a true i-back,and without support in some fans that are always ragging on our team,but there's a lot of fans that do back them up, i live about 1600 miles away but on saturdays i feel like im on the fifty yd. line.
If we can pull 7 wins with all that, I'd say we beat the odds.

Indiana is a must win. Home game so we have a good shot. I worry about both Purdue and Maryland on the road. Maybe we split the games? Certainly neither has a major home field advantage. Wisconsin and Iowa at home always gives us a chance.

Whose fault is that? Every single one of those things could have been mitigated if the staff took proper precautions but they didn't. When does the excuse making stop?
Everything he said is true. Pointing it out isn’t excuse making. Ignoring things like that and yelling unacceptable doesn’t accomplish a thing. And how in the world do you think things like having your starting QB and top two kickers injured could have been avoided?

If we make a bowl game, and I am confident we do, get the most favorable matchup possible for a win.

Holding my reservations in check but I'll say it this way... everything rides on Indiana... If we come out with a purpose against Indiana and show that we have resolve then I think we not only have a chance at 7-5 but also a strong shot at 8-4 with a home win to close out the regular season against our neighbors to the East...

If we come out playing like we have the last 3 games with stupid mistakes and no fire then I think we're lucky if we hit a 6 win season...

up from 4-8, that'll be significant progress! I think we can still get there. GBR!

And we can go 7-5. But I’ll admit we have to get a few things turned around and going. Indiana, Purdue and Maryland are all winnable (I’m not saying guaranteed but winnable). It sounds like Frost might finally give Benhart a go and R Johnson might get his chance to show if he’s ready. I’m literally in a wait and see mode right now. But we could get this rolling enough to at least go 7-5 and maybe win the bowl game and end the 2019 season 8-5. I’d gladly take that over 4-8 the past 2 years.

Everything he said is true. Pointing it out isn’t excuse making. Ignoring things like that and yelling unacceptable doesn’t accomplish a thing. And how in the world do you think things like having your starting QB and top two kickers injured could have been avoided?
I think there's been more than 2 kicker injuries which indicates to me they're either overworking them or doing something wrong. Add that to the already horrible special teams play and mediocre OLB unit and DeWitt should be the first one out of here.

I think there's been more than 2 kicker injuries which indicates to me they're either overworking them or doing something wrong. Add that to the already horrible special teams play and mediocre OLB unit and DeWitt should be the first one out of here.
Just stop with the fire the assistants crap.

So where a problem exists we are not allowed to express our opinions? We see the same problems over and over again in areas and for some reason the assistants in charge should be given a mulligan? How long are fans supposed to put up with an obvious coaching problem in certain areas without expressing their opinions? Just wondering!!! And yes it is obvious to me that a couple of assistants are NOT getting the job done and now fans are being told that expressing our opinions is wrong!

Reactions: oldjar07
So where a problem exists we are not allowed to express our opinions? We see the same problems over and over again in areas and for some reason the assistants in charge should be given a mulligan? How long are fans supposed to put up with an obvious coaching problem in certain areas without expressing their opinions? Just wondering!!! And yes it is obvious to me that a couple of assistants are NOT getting the job done and now fans are being told that expressing our opinions is wrong!
George Darlington was a terrible coach until he wasn't. Should the fans perception of things dictate whether a coach is fired based off of 18 months in the role?

Reactions: headcard
No one knows better than the coaches themselves that they need to get better, this year will be what it will be, but at the end of next season, we’ll see if we’re talking the same things or conversing about a better football team.

Just stop with the fire the assistants crap.
His position groups aren't necessarily doing bad enough to warrant firing on its own. But multiple injuries due to overworking kickers and being a jackass to boot is the last straw for me.

ADVERTISEMENT